Sponsored

Can a tire shop or any decent mechanic do a lift and level?

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd like to put Sasquatch rims and tires on my 4 door Big Bend. But, I'm having trouble finding someone in my area to do it. From what I understand, going from my Big Bend's rims and 32's to Sasquatch rims and 35's is not that complex. As I understand it, I would need buy a 2" lift and level kit for about $150, then have someone install the lift and the rims. I gather the TPMS sensors are part of the rims and simply install with the rims. I also gather that the mechanic would have to remove rear and front crash bars.

Is that the entire process? Do the bigger tires make things like the speedometer out of whack? Does the car have to be recalibrated for the 35" tires?

Is the process something a national tire chain like Town Fair tire could do? Could any decent mechanic do it? I live in southwest Connecticut and am having a hard time finding a 4x4 shop near me. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd like to put Sasquatch rims and tires on my 4 door Big Bend. But, I'm having trouble finding someone in my area to do it. From what I understand, going from my Big Bend's rims and 32's to Sasquatch rims and 35's is not that complex. As I understand it, I would need buy a 2" lift and level kit for about $150, then have someone install the lift and the rims. I gather the TPMS sensors are part of the rims and simply install with the rims. I also gather that the mechanic would have to remove rear and front crash bars.

Is that the entire process? Is it something a national tire chain like Town Fair tire could do? Could any decent mechanic do it? I live in southwest Connecticut and am having a hard time finding a 4x4 shop near me. Any thoughts?
Plenty of people on this forum running 35's on non Squatch'd Bronco's with no lift. A Squatch'd bronco is hardly taller suspension wise anyhow. Buy some Squatch takeoffs if thats the wheel/tire combo you want, and throw them on your BB.

OP
OP
Steve62

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Plenty of people on this forum running 35's on non Squatch'd Bronco's with no lift. A Squatch'd bronco is hardly taller suspension wise anyhow. Buy some Squatch takeoffs if thats the wheel/tire combo you want, and throw them on your BB.
So all you have to do is swap out the rims and tires and remove the front and rear crash bars? Do the big tires make things like the speedometer out of whack? Does that all have to be recalibrated?

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
So all you have to do is swap out the rims and tires and remove the front and rear crash bars? Do the big tires make things like the speedometer out of whack? Does that all have to be recalibrated?
You’ll have to change tire size in FORScan I believe.

Sponsored

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is that the entire process? Do the bigger tires make things like the speedometer out of whack? Does the car have to be recalibrated for the 35" tires?

Is the process something a national tire chain like Town Fair tire could do? Could any decent mechanic do it? I live in southwest Connecticut and am having a hard time finding a 4x4 shop near me. Any thoughts?

Where in CT are you?

OP
OP
Steve62

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, just removed crash bars. Couple of bolts each side. Just make sure the Squatch owners wheels/tires still have TPMS sensors in them. Coming from the Jeep world, I know alot of people selling takeoffs would pull the sensors out and put them in their replacement set of wheels/tires instead of paying the price to buy new sensors. Just something to look out for

As for the speedometer, its going to be slightly off yes. You can recalibrate this and tons of other things using FORscan or a aftermarket companies module

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

New Canaan
I’m in Milford. I can help you out. I’ve been busy so if you can wait a bit I can do it for you or refer you to someone that can do it. PM me for my phone number if you would like.

OP
OP
Steve62

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yup, just removed crash bars. Couple of bolts each side. Just make sure the Squatch owners wheels/tires still have TPMS sensors in them. Coming from the Jeep world, I know alot of people selling takeoffs would pull the sensors out and put them in their replacement set of wheels/tires instead of paying the price to buy new sensors. Just something to look out for

As for the speedometer, its going to be slightly off yes. You can recalibrate this and tons of other things using FORscan or a aftermarket companies module
Thank you. For $150 and the cost of doing it, am I better off with the lift? If the tires aren't touching/rubbing at full articulation without the lift, what is the benefit of adding the lift?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Steve62

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m in Milford. I can help you out. I’ve been busy so if you can wait a bit I can do it for you or refer you to someone that can do it. PM me for my phone number if you would like.
Are you a mechanic? That would be great. Not sure how to pm you. Please pm me and I'll respond. Thank you.

OP
OP
Steve62

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Let me know who you find. I am also in New Canaan. Waiting (probably forever) for a Wildtrak but want to put BF 35's on my Sasquatch rims and lift it.
Will do. Are you Preston B?

OP
OP
Steve62

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you.

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will have a set of Sas take off tires/wheels whenever I get my Bronco. Who knows when that’ll be.
Sponsored