First Name
Shim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm positive this is overkill but wanted to get thoughts on execution, light is already purchased.

Planning to run a DD Stage Series 1" LED Pod Sport White Flood Standard White Backlight in rear cargo area using the DD GoPro mount. I was thinking I could run the backlight off of Aux 6 and wire the main light to a cigarette lighter plug. So normal "I need a bit more light back here" moments use just the backlight feature by flip of switch and the "where the F did that thing go / need to light up all the gear in middle of the night camping in the woods" moment would plug the main light in for max illumination.

Would this work? If not, I'll just skip the backlight feature and light will just be on/off w Aux 6.
Sponsored

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm positive this is overkill but wanted to get thoughts on execution, light is already purchased.

Planning to run a DD Stage Series 1" LED Pod Sport White Flood Standard White Backlight in rear cargo area using the DD GoPro mount. I was thinking I could run the backlight off of Aux 6 and wire the main light to a cigarette lighter plug. So normal "I need a bit more light back here" moments use just the backlight feature by flip of switch and the "where the F did that thing go / need to light up all the gear in middle of the night camping in the woods" moment would plug the main light in for max illumination.

Would this work? If not, I'll just skip the backlight feature and light will just be on/off w Aux 6.
I saw a post about someone wiring one into one of the existing accent lights in the back, but it was an LED strip.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on doing a similar set up but with roof rack mounted perimeter SC2s. I am wondering about using a 3 way switch mounted in the rear but have the master switch using the front Aux. In this way I can change it in the rear cargo area while camping. Might use the prerun wire to the rear quarter panel for the power instead of the cig lighter. I have a DD engine bay red led light strip I will wire into the cig lighter power.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I keep battery or rechargable LED lights in the back.
Sponsored