Sponsored

Considering buying new 2024 Bronco, thoughts on quality issues and problems?

Ckochese

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all,
I’m working a deal with my local dealer on a 24 4dr Badlands and I wanted some opinions before I pull the trigger. After reading some threads here I’m a little concerned about quality issues and problems. Anybody care to share their thoughts? I love the bronco but a little spooked by the various problems. Roof noises, electrical gremlins, etc seem to be common. Thanks for the input.
Sponsored

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This forum is loaded with all sorts of issues, problems,bitches and moans. Having said that, you will also find lots of love for these vehicles. If you’re concerned about this truck, then you might be better off looking at something else.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Road/roof noise is very common. Take one out on a drive at 80mph and see what you think about it.

With that said, I love my Bronco. It's very common for forums to mainly contain complaints/issues, but 99% of us still love our rides.

It's all about what you're expecting the Bronco to be like

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Most people with no problems will be the silent majority not posting anything. Rather, you will see several posts here on what went wrong. Unfortunately, there is no way to quantify the number of problems on the bronco to any other vehicle I.e., is bronco the same, better or worse?

Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People with no problems are out enjoying our broncos. People with issues get online and post about it. Going on 2yrs with 26k miles and loving every bit. Everyone Ive actually met with one has nothing but good things to say.

Last edited:

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey all,
I’m working a deal with my local dealer on a 24 4dr Badlands and I wanted some opinions before I pull the trigger. After reading some threads here I’m a little concerned about quality issues and problems. Anybody care to share their thoughts? I love the bronco but a little spooked by the various problems. Roof noises, electrical gremlins, etc seem to be common. Thanks for the input.
Baader-Meinhof perhaps? No one is coming here on the daily posting about how perfect their vehicle is and free of problems. But lots of posts showing folks out having fun in their rigs. That being said my infotainment did a blue screen of death the other day for the first time after almost a year of ownership. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ But it booted right back up.

A roof (fabric or the jigzaw puzzle) is gonna be louder than a standard one!

Electronics have gremlins

buy it or don't.

Last edited:

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I waited 1,041 days to get my Bronco and was nervous that it would never live up to my expectation after waiting for so long and reading about the issues you mentioned.
It has met and surpassed all my expectations. I absolutely love it and haven't had any issues so far.

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just don't expect the Badlands to drive like a Lexus.

I'm still in the honeymoon stage with only 4500 miles on it. I love it for what it is, not what I wish it was.

If your concern is "issues," buy the PremiumCare extended warrantee.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Roof road noise and Windows whistle noises are pretty common.
My hood flutter when I go slightly faster than the highway speed limit.
These are really minor annoyances for me. I can deal with it.

What annoys me is that most of the undercarriage driveline components and bolts are not coated/rust proofed. I had to craw under that myself to spay protective coating on it. If you live in NE this is something you should be considering doing.

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As mentioned above, the Bronco is not a luxury vehicle...it's body on frame with a removeable top so keep that in mind when thinking about ride and road noise...it's the nature of the beast.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey all,
What kind of vehicle are you coming from? If not a Jeep Wrangler, then please expect a significant increase in road noise from tires and the roof, even the hard top. As far as any other issues are concerned, it's a crap shoot.

I've had my 22 for about 1.5 years and absolutely love it. I do have the m/t scraping noise, but it's not keeping me from enjoying my Bronco and I'll eventually get it fixed. Other than that, I've had no issues.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Roof road noise and Windows whistle noises are pretty common.
My hood flutter when I go slightly faster than the highway speed limit.
These are really minor annoyances for me. I can deal with it.

What annoys me is that most of the undercarriage driveline components and bolts are not coated/rust proofed. I had to craw under that myself to spay protective coating on it. If you live in NE this is something you should be considering doing.

I had a pretty bad hood flutter too. I adjusted the hood stops and fixed it.