Sponsored

Door Panel & Center console plastic delete?

OP
OP
EBRU2024

EBRU2024

Wildtrak
First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Audi Q7, 13 Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Love it- those interiors look a little more elevated from the pics at least. What a shame they discontinued rather than introduce a different color combo or something.
Yeah they didn't even discontinue it - they never even went into production - it was purely done as part of the launch media but never even made it to the options list.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jason, you might have been the one that I couldn't remember the handle in my earlier response to Elizabeth. If so, I apologize. But If I recall, you had prior experience and the tools (industrial sewing machine)?
Correct. I work in the upholstery trade so I have the experience and tools available to do this sort of thing.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Some guys were able to wrap the tops. Can body color wrap be used to cover the panels with a better looking more durable surface? Total WAG, as it comes nowhere close to meeting the standard for a Scientific Wild Ass Guess.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some guys were able to wrap the tops. Can body color wrap be used to cover the panels with a better looking more durable surface? Total WAG, as it comes nowhere close to meeting the standard for a Scientific Wild Ass Guess.
Yes, you can cover the plastic surface with vinyl. Of course, if you are covering a small area or a reasonably flat surface, then it is a DIY task. But with all the angles/creases, one might want to enlist the experience of a professional. I think StickerFab is offering pre-cut panels for parts of the door.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EBRU2024

EBRU2024

Wildtrak
First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, you can cover the plastic surface with vinyl. Of course, if you are covering a small area or a reasonably flat surface, then it is a DIY task. But with all the angles/creases, one might want to enlist the experience of a professional. I think StickerFab is offering pre-cut panels for parts of the door.
Itā€™s a good alternative if I canā€™t find someone to do the upholstery or if itā€™s just crazy money- thanks for the suggestion! I would not diy it though- I canā€™t even manage to put a screen protector on my phone without bubbles šŸ˜†

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Itā€™s a good alternative if I canā€™t find someone to do the upholstery or if itā€™s just crazy money- thanks for the suggestion! I would not diy it though- I canā€™t even manage to put a screen protector on my phone without bubbles šŸ˜†
Earlier in this thread, someone linked the "peanut butter" interior (picture index 3 on the IG post). That was done with vinyl.

With regards to your plans, I suspect that you will be inclined to do parts in upholstered leather and other parts in vinyl. Not sure on your budget, but doing the entire door card will be expensive. At least you have a few ideas along with contacts to begin the process. Good luck.

OP
OP
EBRU2024

EBRU2024

Wildtrak
First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Earlier in this thread, someone linked the "peanut butter" interior (picture index 3 on the IG post). That was done with vinyl.

With regards to your plans, I suspect that you will be inclined to do parts in upholstered leather and other parts in vinyl. Not sure on your budget, but doing the entire door card will be expensive. At least you have a few ideas along with contacts to begin the process. Good luck.
Yes that work was gorgeous šŸ¤©šŸ¤©. Iā€™m not expecting this will be cheap by any means. Hoping under 6k but will see as I research since I really have no idea. Thank you!

OP
OP
EBRU2024

EBRU2024

Wildtrak
First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update: the upholsterer said he could do the door panels and he would take all my money BUT advised against it strongly due to the exposure to the elements when the top is down- he doesnā€™t think it will last or look good in 2 years- the adhesive will eventually give. He has over 30 years of experience in auto upholstery and I respected his honesty. When it came to the center console heā€™s going to take a closer look at it when itā€™s in the shop but also isnā€™t confident. I may be in the minority but I do like the stock seats and colors of the Wildtrak and think it looks good with the Oxford white exterior so im not touching them. Instead im redoing the fabric pieces on the door panel, the dash and the center arm rest to color match the taupish stock color- and hopefully adding little leather grips to the rear handles. I found really nice handmade stainless steel accent pieces for the interior and billet knobs which I think will help my mission to elevate the look of the interior. Thanks for your suggestions! If anyone knows of other elevated interior accents- please share! Thanks so much!!

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Update: the upholsterer said he could do the door panels and he would take all my money BUT advised against it strongly due to the exposure to the elements when the top is down- he doesnā€™t think it will last or look good in 2 years- the adhesive will eventually give. He has over 30 years of experience in auto upholstery and I respected his honesty. When it came to the center console heā€™s going to take a closer look at it when itā€™s in the shop but also isnā€™t confident. I may be in the minority but I do like the stock seats and colors of the Wildtrak and think it looks good with the Oxford white exterior so im not touching them. Instead im redoing the fabric pieces on the door panel, the dash and the center arm rest to color match the taupish stock color- and hopefully adding little leather grips to the rear handles. I found really nice handmade stainless steel accent pieces for the interior and billet knobs which I think will help my mission to elevate the look of the interior. Thanks for your suggestions! If anyone knows of other elevated interior accents- please share! Thanks so much!!
was this rogelios that told u this?

Sponsored
OP
OP
EBRU2024

EBRU2024

Wildtrak
First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
was this rogelios that told u this?
no- I sent them a message but did not receive a response. It was my local upholstery shop.

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

no- I sent them a message but did not receive a response. It was my local upholstery shop.
You are better off calling them and ask for Roger, that's the best way to speak with them.

OP
OP
EBRU2024

EBRU2024

Wildtrak
First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Itā€™s okay I let it go- the car is already going in for the dash, arm rests and anything else they feel confident will hold up on Monday. Iā€™m not doing anything too fancy just color matching the beige/taupe leather for the dash and on the accent pieces. If I get another one someday maybe Iā€™ll plan to get it in cali for the work then send it East.

I should note this is the first time Iā€™m doing customizations on a car and Iā€™m pretty conservative about things and can get spooked easy so baby steps.

You are better off calling them and ask for Roger, that's the best way to speak with them.
Sponsored