Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We've seen posts on painting the MIC top, wrapping it, and using Line-X (or similar with a textured finish). But what about a "smooth" bedliner product? To be honest, I didn't think it existed until I Googled it, and alas......Durabak Smooth Bedliner (see links below).

Best Spray In Bedliner - Truck, Jeep, Car or Boat | Durabak (durabakcompany.com)

Durabak 18 Truck Bedliner Outdoor UV (Smooth) | Durabak (durabakcompany.com)

Given my recent MIC hard top issues and cracking, I think it's only a matter of time before I may want to do a coating like this. In my opinion, the top needs a better more durable coating on it.

Has anyone used this smooth Durabak? It says it can be rolled on or sprayed on, but obviously the spray on would likely look better and be more consistent. Black or white color would seem to be the best choice. Based on the links, some people have done full vehicles in this just like a paint.

Who wants to be the guinea pig?
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
We've seen posts on painting the MIC top, wrapping it, and using Line-X (or similar with a textured finish). But what about a "smooth" bedliner product? To be honest, I didn't think it existed until I Googled it, and alas......Durabak Smooth Bedliner (see links below).

Best Spray In Bedliner - Truck, Jeep, Car or Boat | Durabak (durabakcompany.com)

Durabak 18 Truck Bedliner Outdoor UV (Smooth) | Durabak (durabakcompany.com)

Given my recent MIC hard top issues and cracking, I think it's only a matter of time before I may want to do a coating like this. In my opinion, the top needs a better more durable coating on it.

Has anyone used this smooth Durabak? It says it can be rolled on or sprayed on, but obviously the spray on would likely look better and be more consistent. Black or white color would seem to be the best choice. Based on the links, some people have done full vehicles in this just like a paint.

Who wants to be the guinea pig?
I'd advise against. That stuff sticks like grim death and is near impossible to remove, so you better REALLY like it, there is no turning back. It's got nice properties for certain uses, such as lining an actual bed, but I would not use on a large exterior surface.

A previous owner used bed liner on the exterior half hardtop and interior back section of my Jeep TJ, and it was a bear to cut/remove for some repairs. Hence I will not buy any vehicle with copious amounts of bedliner. Unfortunately more and more older 4x4s are getting surfaces covered in the stuff.
Sponsored