Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After giving up my dual top option back in 2021 and thinking that 200,000 points would buy a good portion of the hardtop when Ford starts selling them as an accessory ("in 12 months my sales rep said").... Boy was he off! I finally found one on Facebook Marketplace last weekend and raced to pick it up before it disappeared. Over 2 years to finally find someone with an unfortunate wreck. šŸ˜¢ (good thing he had the soft top on and the hardtop was in his garage. ) I never imagined having to pay $5000 for a hardtop and yet I feel blessed to finally have one as every other one I see posted is $6500. After market tops are $7000k with shipping. Just a word of advice to anyone thinking about ordering a soft top vehicle...get the hardtop with the build and buy an aftermarket soft top.

IMG_4993.jpeg

IMG_4992.jpeg
Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

After giving up my dual top option back in 2021 and thinking that 200,000 points would buy a good portion of the hardtop when Ford starts selling them as an accessory ("in 12 months my sales rep said").... Boy was he off! I finally found one on Facebook Marketplace last weekend and raced to pick it up before it disappeared. Over 2 years to finally find someone with an unfortunate wreck. šŸ˜¢ (good thing he had the soft top on and the hardtop was in his garage. ) I never imagined having to pay $5000 for a hardtop and yet I feel blessed to finally have one as every other one I see posted is $6500. After market tops are $7000k with shipping. Just a word of advice to anyone thinking about ordering a soft top vehicle...get the hardtop with the build and buy an aftermarket soft top.

Ford Bronco Finally Purchased a Bronco Hardtop IMG_4992

Ford Bronco Finally Purchased a Bronco Hardtop IMG_4992
Agreed 100%
I was an early dual top, cancelled for a hard top and took delivery of my Badlands in September 2021 (along with 200k points).

I ordered a Raptor when the order banks opened in late March 2023 and although it was built at the end of August, it wasnā€™t delivered to my dealer until early November. The hard top is significantly superior but I am looking for a soft top for the summer.

FYI - I have a couple of Jeeps they each have hard & soft tops so I am accustomed to making the bi-annual top swap NBD.

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is the drivers side rear cap not level to the body, or is it a shadow?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a word of advice to anyone thinking about ordering a soft top vehicle...get the hardtop with the build and buy an aftermarket soft top.
...or go ahead and get the dual top option now.

At this point, I see no benefit in ordering just the hard top. The hard top is what causes the delay, not the soft top part of the dual top option.

Soft top = quicker build
Hard top = delayed build
dual top = same delay as hard top alone

Bonus, the factory soft top is supposedly better than the Bestop aftermarket version.

Next order for me will be a dual top, but if I were all worked up to get my first Bronco, I understand going for the softy to speed up the process.

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thereā€™s turn offroad out there that sell hardtops for half the price of adv and they should be shipping this month. Too late now but just pointing it out as you made it sound like adv is the only aftermarket option. Iā€™m waiting for gen 2 to come out from TO. Ford shit the bed with that sorry excuse of a soft top. I ended up spending 3k on a stereo so i could escape the ungodly flutter of the canvas on the bows. Plus the stock speakers I believe they used were new old stock from ā€˜71

Sponsored

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purchased a soft top, but now I have a Armadillo Allum hardtop on the way. I do not take my top down enough for the soft top so I picked up this hardtop. I think it's going to work out great.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

IMG_4993.jpeg

IMG_4992.jpeg
Congratulations! Did you have to buy various extra brackets to install the hard top? I was fortunate enough to get the MIC 2 top in 2021, and early this year got the sky rider that goes with the rear cap, its a nice mix.

You'll enjoy the much quieter MIC top. It doesnt let in the ambient road noise that the soft-tops do. The MIC top also doesnt have the wind buffetting at speed that the softtops have.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purchased a soft top, but now I have a Armadillo Allum hardtop on the way. I do not take my top down enough for the soft top so I picked up this hardtop. I think it's going to work out great.
Looking forward to your opinion...when you get it. Hoping it is the best one for my use...Patience for quality and dependable hard top manufacturing is exhausting.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking forward to your opinion...when you get it. Hoping it is the best one for my use...Patience for quality and dependable hard top manufacturing is exhausting.
Good or Bad I will post it all here.

Honestly, I do believe it will be good. Though they do not have a presence in these forums, I have been updated every step of the way. It is impressive what they are doing.

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Soft tops have a limited range of uses. If you mostly live and drive in coastal areas with mild climate they can be a ton of fun on the weekend. Or rock crawling. When In bought a Wrangler in SoCal 10 years ago I immediately put a soft top on it that did not come down for 7 years. The Pacific Coast Highway is such a blast with the top down and a Spiderwebshade. But at some point the downsides overwhelm the limited upsides. I took .one down after 7 years and will never ever consider buying a vehicle with one.

They are hot in the summer and cold in the winter. They are noisy in every season. If you live in a wet climate putting them up and down can get old. If you drive in Utah you will have red dust up every orifice of your body because the red dust WILL get past the soft top. The Bronco soft top and it's distinct wave is downright fugly. On the Jeep the dust would also clogged all the zippers, I actually kept several candles in the vehicle to ensure that I can unzip the soft top somewhere in the desert.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since this is rag on soft tops thread I will put in my 2 cents. I like the look of the soft top dimensions and color. Itā€™s not that loud under 70mph. It may be a little wavy, but the hard top looks like shlt. Well not that bad. Its dimensions at rear sides make it appear small on top of the Bronco even if it isnā€™t. Canā€™t stand the color and donā€™t care for three pieces. And really dislike the misplaced seam over rear windows and the roof rack notches. Would I like one? Sure. Just for long highway trips. Donā€™t need it for Florida weather. I might get an aftermarket down the road from someone other than ADV.

SixEighty680

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS, Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...or go ahead and get the dual top option now.

At this point, I see no benefit in ordering just the hard top. The hard top is what causes the delay, not the soft top part of the dual top option.

Soft top = quicker build
Hard top = delayed build
dual top = same delay as hard top alone

Bonus, the factory soft top is supposedly better than the Bestop aftermarket version.

Next order for me will be a dual top, but if I were all worked up to get my first Bronco, I understand going for the softy to speed up the process.

Getting the dual top option is spending about $400 more than you would if you buy the soft top separate. Ford gouges you hard on that price.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Getting the dual top option is spending about $400 more than you would if you buy the soft top separate. Ford gouges you hard on that price.
How do you figure that?
Looking at a Badlands, it comes standard with a soft top.
Selecting the dual top option adds a hard top for $2545.
That's a tough price to beat for a hard top , even in the aftermarket.

The lower price for selecting the "MIC only" assumes the "trade in" of the included soft top..., for lack of a better term.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im not trying to build a Ford Flex so If I canā€™t get a Modular top, Iā€™m keeping the soft top for now. Open air is the only reason I bought the Bronco. Iā€™ll check out the armadillo top.

I pinged SmartCap Evo a few times since they make break down for shipping caps on the Gladiator. I guess they donā€™t see a market for Bronco. Killer modular tech they came up with. Just wish they saw promise in the Bronco.
Sponsored