Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

https://performance.ford.com/series...etition-debut-in-baja.html?emailid=PRODOP1394

APR 24, 2024 | BY FORD PERFORMANCE

FORD BRONCO DR TO MAKE COMPETITION DEBUT IN BAJA

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

• The first-of-its-kind production desert racing Bronco, built in partnership with Multimatic, will compete for the first time in Baja Mexico.
  • Brad Lovell, Off-Road Hall-of-Fame racer, will be wheeling his DR with brother Roger.
  • The team will take part in a six-day stage rally coursing through the desert of the Baja California peninsula.
Ensenada, Baja California – April 15, 2024 – Amidst the rugged expanses and formidable challenges that characterize the Baja terrain, the Mexican desert is set to play host to a new contender: the Ford Bronco DR.

Representing a fusion of legendary heritage and cutting-edge engineering, this debut marks the first time the Coyote-powered Bronco will see competition. Off-road racing legend Brad Lovell will gear up to tackle the trails behind the wheel of his DR April 26-May 4.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

The off-road rally spans over 1,000 miles of unforgiving terrain in the Baja California Peninsula of Mexico. Renowned for its diverse landscapes, unpredictable weather, and demanding course that closely mirrors that of the Baja 1000, the spring competition still stands apart. While November’s Baja 1000 is a sprint, with all competitors racing to the finish, this a stage rally — it’s both a six-day test of endurance during which teams race from point-to-point each day, and a week-long celebration of off-road culture, community, and tradition.

Brad Lovell, whose name is synonymous with off-road excellence, brings an illustrious career spanning decades and a record-breaking list of victories, including many on the peninsula. Lovell is ready to kick up more dust on the Baja trails behind the wheel of his DR — and, more importantly, have fun doing it.

"I'm incredibly excited to race the Ford Bronco DR in Baja," said Lovell. "The Bronco DR is a blast to drive and an absolute beast in the dirt. Bronco has such a storied history in Baja and I can’t wait to be part of its continuation."
Mark Rushbrook, Global Director of Ford Performance Motorsports, remarked, "Brad Lovell is a true legend in the world of off-road racing, and we're honored he will be the first on the trails with a DR. The Ford Bronco DR is the epitome of our Built Wild mindset, and Brad's experience and skill make him the perfect driver to showcase its capabilities. We hope it’s the first of many DRs to hit the dust."

The Ford Bronco DR, a purpose-built off-road racing machine, is based on the iconic Ford Bronco platform and enhanced by Ford Performance and Multimatic Engineering. It features a bespoke long-travel suspension, SCORE-compliant roll cage, and the renowned Ford Coyote 5.0-liter V8 engine. Designed to excel in extreme off-road conditions, the Bronco DR delivers unparalleled performance, durability, and agility, making it the ultimate choice for off-road enthusiasts and racing professionals alike.
For those inspired by Lovell's epic journey in Baja, the Ford Bronco DR is available through Multimatic, Ford's trusted partner in building high-performance vehicles.

For more information about the Ford Bronco DR, visit https://www.multimatic.com/vehicles/competition-track-vehicles/ford-bronco-dr
Sponsored

OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bradlovell44 and crew are excited to debut the @fordbronco DR in the upcoming NORRA 1000 and show the world what they can do with this vehicle! 💪🏁

@norraracing_official is a grueling 1400-mile test over six days, featuring lengthy full throttle stretches and rocky terrains that rank among the most demanding in Baja.

Follow their journey through Mexico April 26-May 4! 🏁

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man I hope this serves as a way for shops to borrow the 5.0 liter mounting and electronics for aftermarket install. I love the 2.7, but how great would it be to have a tunable V-8 under the hood

OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man I hope this serves as a way for shops to borrow the 5.0 liter mounting and electronics for aftermarket install. I love the 2.7, but how great would it be to have a tunable V-8 under the hood
Nah, sounds just like my I4. :wink: