Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It is amazing to see him continuously bully people offering valid criticisms about his erroneous information in the comments section. He is as stubborn as a mule and absolutely refuses to entertain the possibility that he could be wrong. The head smack from the transfer plate skid should have been recognized as karma. 😄

Why does the owner of the dealership allow him to record video of his work on the clock and then publish it on YouTube for his personal benefit? :unsure:

Seems like both a financial and PR liability for the dealership if the information he is offering on his channel is Incorrect and could cause damage or injury to viewers following his advice. (Not necessarily in this case, but maybe in others.) 🤷‍♂️
I really don’t understand why they let him do it either. At the end of the day, I just feel bad for the people that watch his videos and think this is good information
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really don’t understand why they let him do it either. At the end of the day, I just feel bad for the people that watch his videos and think this is good information
Agreed. He has a bunch of sycophants in the comment section who take everything he says as gospel. It’s both funny and sad.

Mike Kleen

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Base MIC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Gotta say as somebody who’s a 4WD noob this thread and others like it are invaluable

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did this get changed recently?

Ford Bronco Ford Tech says Blown T-Case is owners fault for using 4A on Dry Pavement 6A61B68A-22B8-4918-A9E1-A614CF369BB5

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did this get changed recently?

6A61B68A-22B8-4918-A9E1-A614CF369BB5.jpeg
What document and revision date is that?

My 2021 Bronco owners manual says something different, but it’s the PDF copy, page 182, Edition Date: 202101, First-Printing.

Ford Bronco Ford Tech says Blown T-Case is owners fault for using 4A on Dry Pavement 81A61058-6089-4AF7-B9B7-B51FCC85E348

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Last edited:

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Bronco owners manual does NOT say anything about avoiding 4 Auto while on-road. In fact it specifically states, " When you select four-wheel drive auto, the system continuously varies power to the front wheels for optimum performance for all on-road conditions." It says ON ROAD, so there's no reason the transfer case should have failed unless the AWD system is not working properly and was engaging the clutches excessively.

The technician may be good at his job but his understanding of the drive modes is lacking.
4A works the same as on the explorer and other ford vehicles. Sounds like the mechanic is a knob.

BadAss bronco dude

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
superduty.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You need to watch the video - tl;dr of story is the Bronco was in 4A mode and was flat towed by a Tow truck. It was notput in flat tow mode. Rich is a great mechanic, but sometimes he has an interesting way of looking at stuff.
Forgive me for asking a novice question... Assuming it is an automatic... But is there a way to tow the car with just a tow bar? Is there a way to disingage the transfer cases to do this? Or do you have to tow it backwards on a car dolly if you are towing behind an RV...?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150-KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forgive me for asking a novice question...
There are several pages in the manual dedicated to towing. As far as flat towing there is a setting in the instrument cluster to put the transfer case in neutral.

Ford Bronco Ford Tech says Blown T-Case is owners fault for using 4A on Dry Pavement 1660163317723

Sponsored

najay

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
boss 302, focus st, gen1 lightning, f250 7.3l 4wd
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Forgive me for asking a novice question... Assuming it is an automatic... But is there a way to tow the car with just a tow bar? Is there a way to disingage the transfer cases to do this? Or do you have to tow it backwards on a car dolly if you are towing behind an RV...?
The Bronco has a 'flat tow" mode that will disengage the drivetrain for towing, tow bar or otherwise. If you use the search function on this forum, I believe there are a few videos that show how to do this.

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ford Tech says Blown T-Case is owners fault for using 4A on Dry Pavement 2022 Ford RV & Trailer Towing Guide r8 p16_page-0001

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
note that flat towing brakes do not currently work without a special sequence that includes pulling fuses on Broncos with the 2.7 engine. The 2.7 utilizes EBB/Electric Brake Boost (2.3 still uses vacuum) and after the BMS/Battery Management System puts the car to sleep after 10-20m and the brakes no longer work. There's a huge post on it with a work around until an OTA update comes out (scheduled for Sept) to keep the EBB active in tow mode.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I watched the video recently, and the best part is when he says @2:55, "4A automatically engages 4H and 4L based on situations"

Um, so a final gear reduction at speed is part of the algorithm in the 4A programming allowing an automatic shift from 4H to 4L? Really. I learned something new today.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would not hire this guy based on the video. It can be driven in 4A, it's better to drive in 2H when possible just for the simple fact there's fewer systems involved and less chance of a premature 4H engagement. That said, unless the system sees a wheel slip, it's running in 2H. It acts like traction control and only activates under specific driving situations. Leave tac control on and try to try to slip the rears from a stop.

If there is in fact internal t-case damage, which I believe there might be, it's more likely due to the towing company, again, dependent on how it was towed, that caused the damage and not the customer wheeling around in 4A. If he didn't have the issue prior to the tow.....the most logical explanation is likely the correct one. If he didn't know about the tow, what would his diagnosis have been? No way a SM would deny warranty for driving in 4A without it showing in writing not to do it.
Sponsored