Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i like the idea. i would love to see the rear part extend a bit further and not hang down as far. but that's the type of rockrail/sidesteps i'd get. something that has a dual role.
Sponsored

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well considering my wife is 5'3" and my boy is under 4' it makes a world of difference for them. For me it's a bit much. It's only a matter of time before a crack my head I'm sure
Yeah I can see that being helpful, my 5 year old is having a hard time already and I'm on stock wheels and height. So I'm sure I better make that the next thing after the leveling kit and 35s

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really like the look, but I personally wouldn't want to reduce the ground clearance that much, which is why I'm looking at getting the D6 instead.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was encouraged to share some photos of the Go Rhino Dominator Extreme D1 steps I recently installed on my 4dr Wildtrak.

IMG_20210809_231046_924~2.jpg

Initial thoughts are mostly good. I do have some critical feedback though.

PXL_20210809_160939082.jpg

First thing first, install sucks! Get yourself some help and a lot of patience (or adequate amounts of your favorite beer). I did it myself and I'm no grease monkey so it can be done. I suggest searching YouTube for install videos that go over different methods that may work better for you.

PXL_20210810_125241108.jpg

I also think the design of the mounting brackets need to be tweaked just a hair. The steps are sloped down and away from the body. They function fine enough but they look saggy and in winter weather I'm afraid they might be a liability.

PXL_20210815_191657315.jpg

It should be an easy fix for the manufacturer, just add 4-5 degrees to the top mounting surface to correct for the "sag". The DIY fix will involve some sort of shims between the body and brackets. Probably an 1/8" will do, maybe 3/16".

Screenshot_20210815-154809.png

And some pictures for those of you who are going to ask about Clarence... I used the leveling feature in my phone app to take these to get the best angles I could manage. It appears that they take about 5" away from the bottom of the pinch welds.

PXL_20210815_192921330.jpg

PXL_20210815_193259948.jpg

PXL_20210815_193048251.jpg

PXL_20210815_193533345.jpg

These do a great job of keeping rocks and debris off of the rockers and doors. And for basically the same price as OEM mudflaps they provide functionality for my family.

PXL_20210815_193135135.jpg
These look pretty low to the ground, so im wondering how they are better than the OEM running boards that come stock on OBX, and are available for all models?

OP
OP
DETT

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These look pretty low to the ground, so im wondering how they are better than the OEM running boards that come stock on OBX, and are available for all models?
I didn't like the look of the OEM boards and I wasn't even sure I'd want/need them to begin with. So there's that...

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didn't like the look of the OEM boards and I wasn't even sure I'd want/need them to begin with. So there's that...
One dude had bought the 4WP tube steps, which also functioned as sliders . . . and then he tried to sell them, he thought they were ugly! But it is frustrating making these upgrade choices when we can't really see and touch the options in person!

Last edited:
OP
OP
DETT

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One dude had bought the 4WP tube steps, which also functioned as sliders . . . and then tried to sell them, thought they were ugly! But it is frustrating making these upgrade choices when we can't really see and touch the options in person!
Absolutely. You could also make just about any stepside/rail look good with a few inches of lift and 37's lol

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
After putting these same ones on mine this weekend , I have the same thought with shiming the upper to get the rake right.
And on my last insert it dawned on me if you put a extra bolt in that angle plate you can hold on to it pretty easy.
Of course that was after the fact

Best thing is they help with rocks these SaS tires fling off like crazy

OP
OP
DETT

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After putting these same ones on mine this weekend , I have the same thought with shiming the upper to get the rake right.
And on my last insert it dawned on me if you put a extra bolt in that angle plate you can hold on to it pretty easy.
Of course that was after the fact

Best thing is they help with rocks these SaS tires fling off like crazy
AMEN to everything!

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like the look of these. That said if you take the rick sliders off will the steps sit higher? Not doing much rock crawling down here in FL mainly trails and mudding, so steps and rock sliders seem like a bit of overkill.

Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the interest of self-preservation, I'll simply say, no thank you.

OP
OP
DETT

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really like the look of these. That said if you take the rick sliders off will the steps sit higher? Not doing much rock crawling down here in FL mainly trails and mudding, so steps and rock sliders seem like a bit of overkill.
There's no rock sliders... What you're looking at is textured PPF.

OP
OP
DETT

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

TM WildTrak

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Someone may have asked this early in the thread... looks like you have a textured black paint or lineX on the bottom of your doors and the unfinished sheet metal area. Textured PPF?

OP
OP
DETT

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Someone may have asked this early in the thread... looks like you have a textured black paint or lineX on the bottom of your doors and the unfinished sheet metal area. Textured PPF?
Yes
Sponsored