Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Trying to make sure I ordered the correct part -

I’ve got a ‘22 Wildtrak and to spare the details I need a new Driver’s Side (left) half shaft. I’m thrown off because the number on the sticker on the stock half shaft is MB3W-3A428-AB. I know that isn’t necessarily the part # for replacement but everywhere I’ve looked the replacement part # is MB3Z-3A427-A (which I ordered). The xx428 number printed on the stock shaft comes up as all the Passenger/Right side options when shopping around and all the xx427 numbers are drivers side. On my vehicle as it sits from Ford xx428 is on the driver’s side shaft and xx427 is on the passenger side. I’m assuming they aren’t identical so it matters which side is which, right? And is there a chance either I have ordered the wrong part # for the driver’s side (all online retails sources have it wrong) OR they installed them backwards OR it’s just a strange coincidence and those aren’t part #’s at all on the shafts just manufacturing numbers that are oddly similar. Thanks
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored
OP
OP
V1Rotate

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks! That’s what I found too but wanted to make sure. I find it crazy that the engineering number would be so close to the opposite side part number and vise versa. I truly appreciate the quick response