First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ok. Took the top off for the first time this morning, with my new top lift pro. Took out all the bolts and then just lifted the front two corners by hand and placed my styrofoam brick under each bolt plate. I wrapped 4 brick sized styrofoam pieces in duct tape. Then positioned the top lift into the Bronco and lifted the back end a few inches. Then placed another brick under each side of the top, near the rear quarters, forward of the back locator pin. Then lowered the top so it was resting on all four bricks. That gave enough space to open the two support arms and clear the gunner's hatch hardware. Then, simply lift and roll away. The modular top seems pretty heavy. No way my wife would be comfortable helping me lift this top. As you can see in the pics, the top is mostly being supported in the back and on the heavy frame that surrounds the gunner's hatch. I'm not letting it put too much pressure on the hatch itself. I have the leveling tips touching the hatch but just gently.

IMG_8999.jpeg

IMG_9002.jpeg

IMG_8996.jpeg

IMG_8995.jpeg

IMG_8998.jpeg

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Looking for thoughts on this....look at my two pics. In one pic, I have the supports, on the ends of the arms, retracted, and the weight of the top is on the rear of the top and the frame surrounding the gunner's hatch. In the other pic, I extended the support arm tips. This levels the top a little on the top lift but then the weight of the top is on the rear of the top and the gunner's hatch itself. It lifts it off of the frame of the hatch. I'm thinking it's probably better to support it with the frame instead of pushing out on the hatch itself. Thoughts?

IMG_9004.jpeg

IMG_9003.jpeg

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Looking for thoughts on this....look at my two pics. In one pic, I have the supports, on the ends of the arms, retracted, and the weight of the top is on the rear of the top and the frame surrounding the gunner's hatch. In the other pic, I extended the support arm tips. This levels the top a little on the top lift but then the weight of the top is on the rear of the top and the gunner's hatch itself. It lifts it off of the frame of the hatch. I'm thinking it's probably better to support it with the frame instead of pushing out on the hatch itself. Thoughts?

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club IMG_9003

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club IMG_9003
I think I'd rather have it on the frame but I'll take a closer look tonight to give you a better answer.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sponsored

RedWagon

Heritage
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So with the announcement of the 60th anniversary Mustang who thinks we'll get a 60th anniversary Bronco?

I will say I'm really liking it and Ford has proven that they still have some Wimbledon White hanging around that they could have used for us HEs.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...p-section-60th-Anniversary-Package-nibU5H2o5a

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club 2025-mustang-60th-anniversary-package-04-661fd68a7eb78

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club 2025-mustang-60th-anniversary-package-04-661fd68a7eb78
I feel like I’m getting old. I remember when my grandfather got his and gave my dad his 57 retractable hardtop. I wish that white Mustang was still in the family!
Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club IMG_0934

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Took this yesterday morning. Thought the reflection of the sunrise looked pretty.

Sponsored

Red Squatch

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra convertible
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I feel like I’m getting old. I remember when my grandfather got his and gave my dad his 57 retractable hardtop. I wish that white Mustang was still in the family!
never understood why the old Fairlanes weren't more popular, they look so much better than the Bel Airs (they sold better but never became that classic that the Chevys are)

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

never understood why the old Fairlanes weren't more popular, they look so much better than the Bel Airs (they sold better but never became that classic that the Chevys are)
It’s a pretty cool car. They made very few of them. It was a survivor until recently when my brother upgraded to disc brakes and had to loose the 14 inch wheels and covers. A raccoon happened to get inside when the roof quit working and made a mess out of the interior. Fortunately, he was in the glass business and knows everybody in the body shop world.

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club IMG_7506

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club IMG_0845

Last edited:

Mammal

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Got to wheel the Bronco Heritage for the first time on Saturday. The wife did a great job spotting.

We also Came Upon a herd of bighorn sheep that are our deer of the dessert.
So impressed with the Bronco Powertrain suspension Etc.

The RokBlokz mud flaps did a fantastic job protecting the paint work five star review to them and the no drill bolt on existing hard points and quick removable design.

Where did you get the spare cover? Really like it!

66RedHotRetro

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Heritage Edition 2 door Race Red
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Where did you get the spare cover? Really like it!
Hi Mammal, I picked that up from Boomerang Auto Accessories. Their website is Boomco.com Not exactly cheap; over $300 smackerroos but they custom paint it to any Bronco color code you want, mine is Oxford White to match the HE color. This is a case of getting what you pay for; top quality and fast shipping.

The Gloss black vinyl Bronco Horsey decal is from Etsy.com $21.00. You can get it made to just about any size you want, mine is 20" tall. I applied it with the credit card squeegee "dry method" and didn't get any air bubbles in the finish. The Camera Bezel is removable for installation of the decal. Super happy with the end result.

Chris.

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club 1000013499

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club 1000013503

Last edited:

66RedHotRetro

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Heritage Edition 2 door Race Red
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ok. Took the top off for the first time this morning, with my new top lift pro. Took out all the bolts and then just lifted the front two corners by hand and placed my styrofoam brick under each bolt plate. I wrapped 4 brick sized styrofoam pieces in duct tape. Then positioned the top lift into the Bronco and lifted the back end a few inches. Then placed another brick under each side of the top, near the rear quarters, forward of the back locator pin. Then lowered the top so it was resting on all four bricks. That gave enough space to open the two support arms and clear the gunner's hatch hardware. Then, simply lift and roll away. The modular top seems pretty heavy. No way my wife would be comfortable helping me lift this top. As you can see in the pics, the top is mostly being supported in the back and on the heavy frame that surrounds the gunner's hatch. I'm not letting it put too much pressure on the hatch itself. I have the leveling tips touching the hatch but just gently.

IMG_8999.jpeg

IMG_9002.jpeg

IMG_8996.jpeg

IMG_8995.jpeg

IMG_8998.jpeg

Man is it just me or does that roller base frame look like it could use some quick flip out wheelie bars that could prevent that whole unit from doing a header?
Sponsored