Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
the house tells the story
When I saw the title of this post my first thought was someone crashed their new Bronco with injuries or fatalities. While I'm not normally one to play the class card, its telling when this is called a "horror story", especially when he got the model he originally ordered and tons of people are still waiting for a build date. Amazing the OP comes on here with a title like that and expects sympathy, and some will give it to him. I couldn't sleep last night thinking about the horror this guy is having to endure.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry this happened to you, but...

You took delivery of a Bronco you did not want, why?

Of course you had recourse, keep the cash in your pocket and walk.

Why do dealers do what they do? Because consumers put up with it, as your example shows.
Sometimes its an honest mistake. My order and timestamp got accidently canceled by the most well known dealer on this forum.

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
+1 Not a Horror Story

Though, I'd have been annoyed after waiting a year. Most of us have some pretty huge expectations right now, especially those in the 600 day club. (I'm not) If my order didn't show up after going through that, I'd be done with Ford knowing that the soonest I'd see my reorder would be MY2023. I wouldn't settle either.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't think it is possible to get a Badlands up to $68k even if you checked every single option that is available. I'd check their math on that one.
Easy, the buyer believes the dealer when they are told there is a $15K "Market Adjustment" ADM dealer add-on to a $53K Badlands, you know, ceramic coating and tinted windows are expensive. ;)

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 '94 Bronco, '15 F-Type S, '11 TL, '16 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m calling BS and op just wanted to list his WT on the site. What stock WT comes with graphics? But I wish you the best.
I have a build date the week of 02/21/22 on a Wildtrak I reserved 07/20/20. The email also gave me my VIN. Anyone know what the average time frame of build date to dealership is???
I agree....

BCA

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explore Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I took delivery of A Bronco on Saturday. Notice, I said “A Bronco.” So on 07/20/20 , I reserved a 4 door Wildtrak with a local dealership outside of Columbus in Ohio. On 10/20/21 I received a call from my dealership stating I would not be getting a 2021 and “we” needed to convert my reservation to a 2022. Naturally I wanted to know what the changers were to the new model and after being advised, I decided to build a Badlands instead. Built the vehicle specked out with plenty of windows xtra lighting and sticker came to about $68,000.

On 04/07/21 I received an email from Ford (not the dealership) congratulating me on my Wildtrak order with my reservation number. Obviously I was shocked considering I changed my order to the Badlands. Yep, you guessed it Bronco lovers, the dealership failed to convert the order and place it for a stock race red Wildtrak. I called them on the carpet about it and eventually they admitted it was their fault after being all to eager to keep the Wildtrak and seek it someone else. I basically got a ,”whoops, yeah we did that.” I had absolutely no recourse. Take the one I didn’t build with nothing on it that I wanted and the wrong color … or nothing. So after waiting 20 months I took delivery of A Bronco. So pissed. So tired of dealerships not being held accountable. Ford and it’s dealerships are so disconnected I got an email from Ford 4 days after I had Possession of the vehicle stating my vehicle was built and they would let me know when it shipped. WTF? I will most likely be selling it soon for its not what I ordered and if I can make a profit, I will; I believe I’ve earned it!!

FBA57053-DE06-49EE-822F-B9A00802203E.jpeg

7FFD5959-CDD4-407D-B548-CDC93C5D00D8.jpeg
I had a dealership issue, ordered a 22MY Badlands in October 21, with no issues. A month later I decided to add the Ford performance bumper. Should be easy. When I received my Ford email, I could see that the bumper wasn’t listed but thought maybe just Ford incompetence. Right before it was built I was able to look at the WS and sure enough no performance bumper.
Email the dealership, and they assured me they mad the change. Vehicle showed up at the dealership with standard bumper and the dealership claim that they made the change but Ford decided to build another vehicle with the performance bumper instead of modifying my original order. Which I believe is BS. I think the dealership didn’t know how to update the order so they just submitted a new one.
Good news is that the vehicle that I wanted is scheduled to be built 4/11, so I had to wait 2 more months and the dealership sold the first one for probably a good profit.

Sponsored

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man, just when you thought just about every post on the forum is someone complaining this one pops up...and proves me wrong....oh wait, it is someone complaining... about GETTING a Bronco. LOL You got a beautiful WT that is a top trim level. Wrap it to the color you want and be happy you are not a poor guy still waiting on a 2021.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Easy, the buyer believes the dealer when they are told there is a $15K "Market Adjustment" ADM dealer add-on to a $53K Badlands, you know, ceramic coating and tinted windows are expensive. ;)
+1. Recently a forum member mentioned, not realizing until a few weeks after purchase, that a 20k ADM was paid! It's crazy out there.
Sponsored