First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all, I know this is basically a dead thread now but from looking at this thread. I am trying to add rear fog lights to my 2016 F150 and from the pics in the thread the broncos and my f150 use the same bcm. Im hoping someone could provide me a picture of what pin the rear fog light switch in the head lamp assembly goes to at the bcm. I know the rear fog output is C2280C Pin 25. But I need to know what the input to the BCM is. I have forscan and can enable rear fog but need to know the input control wire. Thanks
I dont think any of us are familliar with the wiring on the F150 as this is a Bronco Forum, hopefully you are able to find the answer.

ardevor01

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I dont think any of us are familliar with the wiring on the F150 as this is a Bronco Forum, hopefully you are able to find the answer.
Im aware of the differences. I am just looking to see what the entire wiring circuit for the rear fog on the broncos is in hopes to figure out if it is possible on the f150's. I am looking to see the input to the bdycm to see what pin tells the bdycm to turn on the rear fogs. I know what pin the output to the rear fogs is on my f150.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless you need every AUX switch for other items, why not use one of those switches? I used AUX 6 for mine (mentally it's the last switch on the panel, so I correlate it to being my "read" lights :ROFLMAO: ).

ksmich

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless you need every AUX switch for other items, why not use one of those switches? I used AUX 6 for mine (mentally it's the last switch on the panel, so I correlate it to being my "read" lights :ROFLMAO: ).

For me I use them as rear fog / additional rear lights in poor or dark conditions; so the using the rear fog switch is fitting. admittedly it is easier to just use the upfitter switches, but i was already replacing the factory headlamp switch for front fog lights, so the additional effort was minimal.

ksmich

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im aware of the differences. I am just looking to see what the entire wiring circuit for the rear fog on the broncos is in hopes to figure out if it is possible on the f150's. I am looking to see the input to the bdycm to see what pin tells the bdycm to turn on the rear fogs. I know what pin the output to the rear fogs is on my f150.
From what I can find, there is no wiring for the 2016 F150 to have rear fog lights. I suspect this is because the F150 is only designed for North American markets. where as the Bronco is based on the ranger which is sold around the world.

ardevor01

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
From what I can find, there is no wiring for the 2016 F150 to have rear fog lights. I suspect this is because the F150 is only designed for North American markets. where as the Bronco is based on the ranger which is sold around the world.
There is a pinout for the rear fog lights on my f150. C2280C Pin 25. I am just looking to see what the input pin on the broncos is. They appear to use the same body module with a different configuration installed. Im just curious if someone could tell me what the input pin is on the broncos. It would be much appreciated.

ksmich

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a pinout for the rear fog lights on my f150. C2280C Pin 25. I am just looking to see what the input pin on the broncos is. They appear to use the same body module with a different configuration installed. Im just curious if someone could tell me what the input pin is on the broncos. It would be much appreciated.
I dont think understand the question, The Headlamp switch uses a LIN bus to communicate with the BCM, the BCM then activates a FET that turns on pin 25 on harness C2280C.

Based on the wiring diagram on the 2016 F150 PIN 25 on harness 2280C in not used, and I would suspect also not populated.

Sponsored

ardevor01

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I dont think understand the question, The Headlamp switch uses a LIN bus to communicate with the BCM, the BCM then activates a FET that turns on pin 25 on harness C2280C.

Based on the wiring diagram on the 2016 F150 PIN 25 on harness 2280C in not used, and I would suspect also not populated.
Alright thanks, that is what I was looking for. On the broncos the headlamp switch is communication based. On the F150's it is hardwire based. That is what I was looking to find out. Thanks so much.

ardevor01

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You are also correct; that pin in my truck is not terminated, but I can terminate it. I was hoping to use a factory circuit if possible. For now, I just have to stick with the spot lamp switches and figure out a way to prevent them from turning off after 10mph (The same circuit as the third row enable circuit). Thanks for letting me know that it is communication-based in the Broncos. I will have to do some more digging and figure out if there is a way for the dealer to program the body module to turn on the rear fog output with my fog lights or something. Thanks

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Late to the party, so apologies ahead of time. I saw that harness in the parts system but it wasn’t clear to me what it was used for.

I’m guessing the rear fog lights only turn on when the vehicle is in reverse?? Or are the lights supposed to be red??
In other countries (maybe in canada?) cars have rear fog lights as well to help people behind see them in dense fog. My wife had a volvo c30 that had rear fogs that just made the running lights with the headlights much brighter. I've thought of using the rear fog switch and wiring to power a chase light but never got too far into it.

Is the harness in the OP the one in the bumper or the one that runs to the bumper?

ksmich

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In other countries (maybe in canada?) cars have rear fog lights as well to help people behind see them in dense fog. My wife had a volvo c30 that had rear fogs that just made the running lights with the headlights much brighter. I've thought of using the rear fog switch and wiring to power a chase light but never got too far into it.

Is the harness in the OP the one in the bumper or the one that runs to the bumper?
the "G- Harness" is in the bumper.

MileHighWT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Oxford White Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2: Add a terminal to the existing harness/connector (At C424)
@ksmich to make this work you'd need pins for both the plug and receptacle side of this connection, yes?

@4x4TruckLEDs.com are pins for the factory connectors something y'all carry? Been digging into this to try and figure out the rear fog situation and having trouble determining exactly which pins are correct.
Sponsored