Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Greetings All!

After picking up my 4-door OBX the night before I took my grandkids for a ride the next morning. At the end of our ride my grandson grabbed the door handle to get out and it came off in his hand! The look on his face was priceless! Not his fault though. Earlier that morning I had found a bolt some thoughtful (ahem) Ford assembly team member had left in my cup holder for me. I had picked up the Bronco after dark and didn't notice the mystery bolt until that morning.

Naturally, it was the bolt that attaches the interior door to the door. I'm game to try at re-installing it myself (I have a set of nylon trim tools if needs must), but I was hoping I could get some advice for reinstalling it from a knowledgeable Bronco6G member and avoid the whole dealer scheduling mashup. It looks like a fairly simple operation, ...but that sounds way too much like 'hold my beer, watch this'! Any thoughts?

Ford Bronco Interior Back Door Latch Came Off, Looking for Some Re-Installation Assistance IMG_6137
Ford Bronco Interior Back Door Latch Came Off, Looking for Some Re-Installation Assistance IMG_6139

Ford Bronco Interior Back Door Latch Came Off, Looking for Some Re-Installation Assistance IMG_7327
Ford Bronco Interior Back Door Latch Came Off, Looking for Some Re-Installation Assistance IMG_7326

tempImageCmf9Te.jpg

IMG_6137.jpg
Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

really looks like a broken tab in there? maybe corresponds with the hole on the latch? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Ford Bronco Interior Back Door Latch Came Off, Looking for Some Re-Installation Assistance doorlatch

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Even if I could I wouldn't try to reinstall anything that fell off of a new vehicle. Take it to the dealer and that way it is documented. If something else gets broken in the process it could affect getting it covered under warranty.

OP
OP
Lazarus327

Lazarus327

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yea, youā€™re right of course. Thatā€™s the smart thing to do ā€¦donā€™t tell my wife I said that! :D Iā€™m going to drive 26+ miles to a different dealer because the service manager here locally said they run an ā€˜on demandā€™ shop. No appointments, no ā€˜stop by and letā€™s see what you gotā€™, just drop it off and he said heā€™d get back to me in 3 or 4 days. Yeaaaa, not happening.
Sponsored