Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did a quick search in the forums and did not see this topic. If it has been discussed already please post the thread link.

Long story short, I had the get new tires for my wife's Durango today and started talking to the tire store employee. I specifically asked if they service beaded wheels, which they do not. Anyway, the Badlands BNP has the upgraded wheel for the 33s Non-squatch, which looks beaded.

Is this the case or is it just a beauty ring and a regular wheel? Were there details left off of the description?

The wheel on the left is the Squatch - "17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum, Beadlock Capable", on the right is the Non-squatch - "17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels".

Ford Bronco Is Badlands Non-Squatch 17" Wheel Beaded 17Wheels.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been told the upgraded BL wheels are bead lock capable. Build and price just doesn't show it.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They are bead lock “capable”, not full bread lock wheels. They mount the same as normal tires. Your tire shop should have zero issues mounting tires on them as long as you don’t make the bead locks functional. If they tell you they can’t, you need to find a better shop.

and yes, they are near identical to the sas wheels, don’t know for certain if they are the exact same or not, thought the bead ring colors were different, sas may possibly be wider.

OP
OP
elnorte

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are bead lock “capable”, not full bread lock wheels. They mount the same as normal tires. Your tire shop should have zero issues mounting tires on them as long as you don’t make the bead locks functional. If they tell you they can’t, you need to find a better shop.

and yes, they are near identical to the sas wheels, don’t know for certain if they are the exact same or not, thought the bead ring colors were different, sas may possibly be wider.
That was part of the long story made short. The had customers that had beaded wheels serviced or powder coated elsewhere and the other places where not putting them back together correctly. Using impact wrenches to tighten the beads etc. Which lead to issues trying to remove the beads. Breaking them or they got stripped going in.

I did see a GoodYear 265 17R70 AT tire there though and they looked nice and aggressive. I know it is a bit smaller than what the Badlands has on it but gave a decent reference.

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly, they are regular wheels until you install the optional bead locks for them. Both optional wheels are bead lock capable and the standard stock wheel isn't.

Sponsored

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just wish that you could upgrade the wheels without going to the Goodyears. I have a very hard time believing that the Goodyear Territories are going to be worth an extra $140 per tire over the KO2s.

On a side note, anybody care to venture a guess on how much weight per corner the beadlock capable wheels will be over the stock Badlands wheels?

EDIT: Scratch that first part. I see build and price allows you to upgrade wheels without going to the Goodyears. It's just the other way around that's not possible.

EDIT2: I had called them Goodyear Terrains. Might have been drinking. :)

Last edited:

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Goodyear territory tires look good as the KOs At is what I like . Pass on the MTs

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Goodyear territory tires look good as the KOs At is what I like . Pass on the MTs
I suspect that the Goodyears will be an acceptable, slightly more aggressive hybrid when compared to the KO2s. They're not likely to be as bad in snow, wear as quickly, nor be as noisy as traditional mud terrains, but at this upcharge over the KO2s, a known great tire?:rolleyes:

So I'm with you... sticking with the KO2s...just trying to decide on the optional wheels.
Sponsored