First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about the K&N? Is that any good. I was looking at that but not sure yet what I'll get.
K&N is a well established brand and I'm sure their intake products would be a solid choice. To my eyes, some of the other choices seem to be better engineered options, but that's a totally subjective perspective. The truth is. . . .who knows?

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the Mishi CAI (with dry filter) as well as their intercooler (stock mount) and performance pipe kit. Quality, fit and finish is top notch for these products but can't really compare it to the aFe since I don't know much about that product. Coupled with an AWE cat back exhaust and a Panda Tune I would say I could never drive a stock 2.7L again. More pronounced sound (including the blow off valve) from under the hood at throttle. Improved responsiveness and acceleration despite the lame shift points. Overall very happy with the Mishimoto products.
Any chance you have an ARB compressor under the hood? Lol, trying to figure out if they’re compatible.

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 and 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any chance you have an ARB compressor under the hood? Lol, trying to figure out if they’re compatible.
No I do not but I can take a photo under the hood. Don't know if it will fit an ARB but the Mishi housing isn't much larger than the stock housing.

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No I do not but I can take a photo under the hood. Don't know if it will fit an ARB but the Mishi housing isn't much larger than the stock housing.
If you could at some point that would help as long as it’s not too zoomed in on the box, I have trouble finding a good photo showing the space above it clearly.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To add to this convo, I run the Injen CAI. Its a great intake, and the reason why I chose it was because of the accessory pieces they have coming, and also they added the larger pipes that go all the way to the turbo's. The install was.....not easy.....we will say that, but well worth it.

With my tune, and catback, and now that I have the sport mode added, you feel the difference.
About the room for the compressor, I am not sure, but here is a pic if it helps.

Ford Bronco Mishimoto vs aFe Cold Air Intake? 1688570770730

Aaron james

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco badlands 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Tyistick

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To add to this convo, I run the Injen CAI. Its a great intake, and the reason why I chose it was because of the accessory pieces they have coming, and also they added the larger pipes that go all the way to the turbo's. The install was.....not easy.....we will say that, but well worth it.

With my tune, and catback, and now that I have the sport mode added, you feel the difference.
About the room for the compressor, I am not sure, but here is a pic if it helps.

Ford Bronco Mishimoto vs aFe Cold Air Intake? 1688570770730

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Mishi CAI (with dry filter) as well as their intercooler (stock mount) and performance pipe kit. Quality, fit and finish is top notch for these products but can't really compare it to the aFe since I don't know much about that product. Coupled with an AWE cat back exhaust and a Panda Tune I would say I could never drive a stock 2.7L again. More pronounced sound (including the blow off valve) from under the hood at throttle. Improved responsiveness and acceleration despite the lame shift points. Overall very happy with the Mishimoto products.
Inquiring if you think Mishimotos design is perhaps better .. I see everyone stating they are the comparable (AFE) however most are buying Mishimoto over afe
Additional thoughts Mishimoto has the charge air pipes (sold separately) . I say that because their CAI doesn’t come a lot of the other pips like the injen or K&N
I say all that cause I’m torn on what to purchase because I will do more than cai and would like all the best installed the 1st time

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the charge pipes from Injen now on my system and it works very well. As I stated the Injen system replaces the pipes all the way to the turbo, the same goes for the charge pipes.

You cannot go wrong with this system, it compares well with the Misho system and the AFE.

Sponsored
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the charge pipes from Injen now on my system and it works very well. As I stated the Injen system replaces the pipes all the way to the turbo, the same goes for the charge pipes.

You cannot go wrong with this system, it compares well with the Misho system and the AFE.
10/4 Copy that. Inquiring because I have ran any of those three I have installed the k&n CAI on all previous vehicles. Wanted to just go with the best this time around and what would support all the parts surrounding it. Didn’t want injen with afe and Mishimoto . Wanted one system to work the best.
Thanks for the feedback brutha

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
10/4 Copy that. Inquiring because I have ran any of those three I have installed the k&n CAI on all previous vehicles. Wanted to just go with the best this time around and what would support all the parts surrounding it. Didn’t want injen with afe and Mishimoto . Wanted one system to work the best.
Thanks for the feedback brutha
The only piece that is missing from the Injen system is the intercooler. It has been delayed till Q3 But they have the downpipes, and an exhaust system available as well. My goal is to have a full system as well, as I have already started towards this goal. When the intercooler is available, I will put that in as well.

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only piece that is missing from the Injen system is the intercooler. It has been delayed till Q3 But they have the downpipes, and an exhaust system available as well. My goal is to have a full system as well, as I have already started towards this goal. When the intercooler is available, I will put that in as well.
That’s awesome .. the injen , to me, just looks like it would perform better due to the bigger inlet and the piping (plumbing) doesn’t have as many “curves” to it as the Mishimoto or afe
I saw the charge air pipes .. honestly I have them in my cart was hesitant on pulling the trigger. Hate buying sumpn then all the sudden u find problems or sumpn was way better . Thanks man

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If have not seen it, this is my system with the charge pipes in red.

Ford Bronco Mishimoto vs aFe Cold Air Intake? 1707110554023

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow!!! That looks good !! I hit the buy now button about 10 min ago Good job !!
Sponsored