Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford will end Bronco reservations at some time. When do you think that will happen?
- when they reach a certain number of reservations.
- after 'x' number of days.
- when build and price is released.
- when ordering begins in December.
- when the number of new daily reservations declines below a certain point.
- other?

I would guess they have some sort of formula based on their production capacity vs the # of true orders they expect to be executed after customer fallout.
I don't see Ford taking reservations indefinitely...... fist year of production- yes. Beyond that- unlikely.

Part 2:
Will the order date for late reservations be scheduled after the present December 2020 date?
I don't see much logic in ordering in December if delivery date is 12+ months away.
Maybe have the first 150,000 reservations order in Dec, and the next 100,000 reservations order at a later date, maybe June 2021.

Wonder what their production capacity will be, and how many reservations drop out of line....
Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet it will happen just after the first production/reserved Broncos roll off the line depending on the buy vs. opt-out rate Ford sees for reservers. If it is high they may keep reservations going into 2022. I hope that's the case because that makes the Bronco seem more exclusive and would mean one thing for our resale values: ?

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford wants it to end and get back to normal ASAP

Building trucks for stock will be so much easier that building everybody's custom version.

And you just know they're going to screw the pooch on more than a couple guys reservations..... Shipping the wrong truck

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And you just know they're going to screw the pooch on more than a couple guys reservations..... Shipping the wrong truck
I've been curious about this. I've never ordered a vehicle (or even bought new) so not super-familiar with the process. With the level of automation what is the likelihood of a wrong order occurring?

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford wants it to end and get back to normal ASAP

Building trucks for stock will be so much easier that building everybody's custom version.

Yeah, I'm sure they want this frenzy and obsessions to buy their vehicles to end soon....with people reserving for fear they won't get one if they don't, everyone talking about it...I'm sure they're hating this.

Also...building stock is no more difficult than any other truck on their assembly lines.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been curious about this. I've never ordered a vehicle (or even bought new) so not super-familiar with the process. With the level of automation what is the likelihood of a wrong order occurring?
It's just human error, just like when you ask for no tomatoes on your burger but sure as heck your burger shows up with tomatoes

It's unlikely the factory builds the wrong spec, but it's very possible for a data entry person to fat finger a key and have nobody catch the mistake until the truck shows up in the wrong color

I had a friend with a very expensive custom order sports car arrive with the wrong options, wrong color and a pricetag about 6 grand too high. It absolutely can, does and will happen

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, I'm sure they want this frenzy and obsessions to buy their vehicles to end soon....with people reserving for fear they won't get one if they don't, everyone talking about it...I'm sure they're hating this.

Also...building stock is no more difficult than any other truck on their assembly lines.
Building stock is less difficult because they can just make 100 identical trucks in a row, it's much easier for their supply chain than building 100 unique trucks

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
October 31st is my guess, but they may continue reservations indefinitely until they feel caught up to model year production limits and may change some people's MY to 2022

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess folks know they can order a vehicle the way they want it without the reservations.
I've done it on the last few Fords I bought.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the level of automation what is the likelihood of a wrong order occurring?

Not very...

Been doing this for 30+ years and have had 1 ram painted the wrong color suppose to be white was black instead... and a Wrangler that had a Black standard roof instead of Body color...

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not buying the “batch” concept. In modern manufacturing, it shouldn’t matter what is coming down the line. The workers and robots take direction from automated systems and the materials are delivered to the line by build/order identifier. It isn’t like they are going to order a warehouse full of Badlands parts one month and Black Diamond parts the next....

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you ever get to Dearborn, take the F150/Rouge tour. You will quickly appreciate why 'batch' concept doesn't really exist in modern manufacturing anymore. you'll see single, crew, even raptors flowing down the line in seemingly random sequences. I thought for sure they'd do raptors on the same day, but I watched for a good hour and saw maybe 12 raptors go by interspersed with all kinds of models and trim levels.

Honestly, I don't think Ford cares much if they have to custom make each bronco.. they have rolling bins of sub assemblies and simply watch the screen for the next one to grab and install. The days of 'A customer can have a car painted any color he wants as long as it's black ' are long over :)

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealers order their allocation vehicles too. Ford doesn’t ship them whatever they decided to produce. I don’t think Ford is worried about not being able to build to specification.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m guessing reservations will end a week or two before orders begin being placed. But may be as soon as October 31st once dealerships are locked in.
Sponsored