Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What’s up everyone? Anyone else out there having PCM issues? About a month ago I received an alert telling me the battery was going to sleep mode. I went out and took the bronco for a drive to try and recharge the battery. Here’s the crazy part; once I got home the bronco wouldn’t shut off. It’s a manual transmission so (thankfully) I was able to stall it, but once I put it in neutral, it automatically turned back on. Anytime I restarted all I get are alerts. System stays on, so it continued to drain the battery. It’s been to the dealer and now I’m waiting for a new PCM for reprogramming. Anyone else out there with similar issues?

6E2E579A-CFB2-4147-8CA8-0D4D2BE9D113.jpeg

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What’s up everyone? Anyone else out there having PCM issues? About a month ago I received an alert telling me the battery was going to sleep mode. I went out and took the bronco for a drive to try and recharge the battery. Here’s the crazy part; once I got home the bronco wouldn’t shut off. It’s a manual transmission so (thankfully) I was able to stall it, but once I put it in neutral, it automatically turned back on. Anytime I restarted all I get are alerts. System stays on, so it continued to drain the battery. It’s been to the dealer and now I’m waiting for a new PCM for reprogramming. Anyone else out there with similar issues?
Hey there. I'd like to look into your Bronco's PCM concerns on my end. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer to get started?

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey there. I'd like to look into your Bronco's PCM concerns on my end. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer to get started?
PM sent. Thanks

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

***Update***
Merle needed a new PCM. Yes a vehicle with less that 4300 miles had a faulty PCM (kinda like a new laptop with missing programs). Honestly the Ford support on here and the warranty process was awesome, but the dealership dropped the ball. Having a vehicle for 4 weeks (and mis-communicating multiple times) makes me nervous that service departments everywhere are going to struggle moving forward.

I’m just hoping this will be the last dealership visit for years. Thanks Ford social media team.

Steve0we

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f-350 , 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am now having PCM issues as well.

11k miles P21cf code failure.. multiple injector code failures.

once the Bronco runs, it runs fine.

Sponsored

Broncoco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Bronco I just purchased has 30 miles on it and I'm being told they need to replace the PCM. Was throwing codes left and right not knowing what gear it's in. And it's a 7 speed. Somewhat concerning. Lol. They say the part should be in this week but I will be surprised if it is. Spend 50k on a vehicle and its undrivable.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am now having PCM issues as well.

11k miles P21cf code failure.. multiple injector code failures.

once the Bronco runs, it runs fine.
Make that call to the dealership.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Bronco I just purchased has 30 miles on it and I'm being told they need to replace the PCM. Was throwing codes left and right not knowing what gear it's in. And it's a 7 speed. Somewhat concerning. Lol. They say the part should be in this week but I will be surprised if it is. Spend 50k on a vehicle and its undrivable.
Yeah it’s frustrating but once you get that fixed, you’ll be glad you bought the bronco.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.