First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Whatever it is, I think its safe to say you can add a premium on top of the Explorer pricing.

I mean when you think about it. It will probably come with different packages that would make it as nicely equipped as an Explorer.

But then you add the cost of all the heavy duty equipment and offroad options, etc. The price gets up there more.

I would really be shocked to see it under 35k with any kind of options at all. MAYBE they will try to keep the starting price around 30k, but you wont be able to find one like that unless you order it.

But for a loaded up/off road (Think Raptor/FX4/Lariat) it will get up in to the high 40's and 50s. Just like the wrangler.
THIS ..... all I'll need is a good 4x4, 4 door(longer wheelbase for my surf rods) some power, good gas mileage and NO rock crawling so NO solid front axel, maybe that'll be a package deal for you off-roaders ;)
Sponsored

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If Jeep pricing is any indication the Bronco is not going to be cheap. The new Wrangler base price has been jacked up a few times after its release without any new content.
Yea Ford must be licking its chops seeing the price increases. Not only was the new 2018 JL Wrangler $3k more than the previous model but it's now had its price raised a couple more times in just one model year. 2019 model year will probably see another hike. The most base 4 door Wrangler Sport without options now starts at $31k and the Rubicon at $41k without a single option. Hopefully this means Ford will use the chance to undercut the Wrangler in price (tho I'm not holding my breath on that).

wiggy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Where's everyone getting this 30-35+ starting? That's nuts. The Ranger is priced competitive to other midsize pickups like Tacoma so my guess is Ford undercuts the latest Jeep Wrangler by 1K so around 27k base for a 2dr version.

Sponsored

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
if it's gonna compete with the Wrangler, properly equipped, it'll probably wind up in the $55-60K range.
If they don't give us an updated rendition or an idea of what it's gonna look like SOON I'm probably just gonna get a Wrangler.....
enough of the waiting, I'm leery of buying a first year of anything..... :mad:

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
i'm leery of buying a first year of anything..... :mad:
I'm going to do 3 year lease. Give the kids (15 and 11) the "top off" experience, then if it works out buy into 4th year model refresh.

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BHS.....sounds like a plan, still keeping my options open but I'd like to just get a peak at this thing ;)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With the strong following Jeep has I would hope Ford will come in under their pricing. It will be a hard sell for Jeep fans to buy a Bronco if they are priced the same. Hopefully Ford will have a healthy option list so the Bronco can come in a price close to the Ranger.

gtx4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Max Tow Ecoboost Lariat
With the strong following Jeep has I would hope Ford will come in under their pricing. It will be a hard sell for Jeep fans to buy a Bronco if they are priced the same. Hopefully Ford will have a healthy option list so the Bronco can come in a price close to the Ranger.
Agreed. Jeep owners are among the most loyal from personal experience. And I think so much time has passed since the last Bronco that unless you're 40+ the nameplate alone is not going to drive you to buy one. It's gotta offer some value, big on options and heavily modifiable IMHO

Sponsored

fourbyfour

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I bet it's hard for the Ford beancounters to resist pricing it close to the Wrangler if they truly view it as a competitor. Especially since the Wrangler pricing has been raised a few times already since its launch earlier this year. Bet they're just rubbing their hands together every time they see the competition raising their prices and sales still as hot as ever.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agreed. Jeep owners are among the most loyal from personal experience. And I think so much time has passed since the last Bronco that unless you're 40+ the nameplate alone is not going to drive you to buy one. It's gotta offer some value, big on options and heavily modifiable IMHO
I think you are right my friend. However, 4x4 is correct about the bean counters. I've not met one yet that could understand that price points has a direct effect on amount of sales. The bottom line is their only focus.

I bet it's hard for the Ford beancounters to resist pricing it close to the Wrangler if they truly view it as a competitor. Especially since the Wrangler pricing has been raised a few times already since its launch earlier this year. Bet they're just rubbing their hands together every time they see the competition raising their prices and sales still as hot as ever.
You know they are brother. Problem with the ones I've met is that their pricing strategy is never questioned when sales drop, or never materialize. They just blindly move through their little world of numbers without the need to understand competition or brand loyality. But, that is a whole nuther conversation altogether. :)

fourbyfour

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You know they are brother. Problem with the ones I've met is that their pricing strategy is never questioned when sales drop, or never materialize. They just blindly move through their little world of numbers without the need to understand competition or brand loyality. But, that is a whole nuther conversation altogether. :)
Yea no wonder you see so many auto companies doggedly sticking to pricing even in the face of declining sales for a certain model. Know any Ford beancounters? Can you ask them to keep pricing close to the Ranger please? :) That would make it really competitive!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yea no wonder you see so many auto companies doggedly sticking to pricing even in the face of declining sales for a certain model. Know any Ford beancounters? Can you ask them to keep pricing close to the Ranger please? :) That would make it really competitive!
Wish I did brother. All of my bean counter contacts were with the Altria Corp in my second career. Good folks, but they think a lot differently than you, and I.
Sponsored