First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So the Bronco(at least with SAS) throws a ton of water in FRONT of the front tires, up onto the hood and windshield when going through puddles at speed- on road or off. On the trail its not really an issue since speeds are generally minimal. On the road its pretty disconcerting in traffic when you're blinded between wiper... um, wipes.

Has anyone found a solution to this? Kind of like a reverse mud flap or modification(larger) flare?
Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I close my eyes, hit the go pedal, and scream woohoo!!!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the Bronco(at least with SAS) throws a ton of water in FRONT of the front tires, up onto the hood and windshield when going through puddles at speed- on road or off. On the trail its not really an issue since speeds are generally minimal. On the road its pretty disconcerting in traffic when you're blinded between wiper... um, wipes.

Has anyone found a solution to this? Kind of like a reverse mud flap or modification(larger) flare?
Mud flaps. Only mud flaps. I drive on a very wet road with lots of water during rainy season. The Bronco still gets muddy, but only near the bottom where it actually touches water. Mud flings to the side. Try Rok Blokz.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mud flaps. Only mud flaps. I drive on a very wet road with lots of water during rainy season. The Bronco still gets muddy, but only near the bottom where it actually touches water. Mud flings to the side. Try Rok Blokz.

Yeah, I don't mind the mud and splashes coming back. Just trying to reduce the overhood splash a bit.

We're in the middle of a drought so its not raining often, but seems to be torrential when it does. 1-2" of standing water(puddles, not flooded roads), can't even approach them at 25mph or its instantly a wall of water over the hood and windshield

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I don't mind the mud and splashes coming back. Just trying to reduce the overhood splash a bit.

We're in the middle of a drought so its not raining often, but seems to be torrential when it does. 1-2" of standing water(puddles, not flooded roads), can't even approach them at 25mph or its instantly a wall of water over the hood and windshield
We have much higher water than that where I live. If you are driving on unpaved roads, my suggestion is to go very slow over the water. If it's paved, never mind.

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just trying to understand. It's not coming over the front of the hood like when you ford a creek at speed (or something like that) when the water is higher than the front end, like the bumper? It is coming over the hood from the tires from the side or front?

littlepope

First Edition
First Name
Pope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sounds like we need some videos of folks hitting puddles at “speed!”

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just trying to understand. It's not coming over the front of the hood like when you ford a creek at speed (or something like that) when the water is higher than the front end, like the bumper? It is coming over the hood from the tires from the side or front?
If you hit a mud puddle it looks like someone dumped a bucket on the hood.

This was from a single puddle on an otherwise dry day. Going off-road speeds.

Ford Bronco Puddle Splash Solution???? PXL_20220408_214344658_2

Ford Bronco Puddle Splash Solution???? PXL_20220408_214420154_2

Sponsored
OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Correct. Off-road it doesn’t matter. So this really only pertains to on road. Paved good condition roads(I mean it’s NJ but they could be worse). What I would consider a deep puddle- not fording streams or anything like that, when hit at a prudent speed sends a wall of water up in front of the tires as they push the water out of the way. Blinding when a sheet of water splashes up like that.
One of the major publications mentioned it in their review too. I’ll try to find it

PcDBronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 F250 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you hit a mud puddle it looks like someone dumped a bucket on the hood.

This was from a single puddle on an otherwise dry day. Going off-road speeds.

Looks like a bronco in its propper setting, nothing amiss here! This is something i believe just happens with vehicles with large tires and openings. I get the same effect with my f250, Hit a puddle and its like driving through a waterfall.

OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like a bronco in its propper setting, nothing amiss here! This is something i believe just happens with vehicles with large tires and openings. I get the same effect with my f250, Hit a puddle and its like driving through a waterfall.
Agree. Just illustrating.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Have never found the answer to this yet. If I'm paying attention I start the wipers early knowing what's coming. And of course peg the throttle..
Sponsored