Sponsored

question about ford service appointments.

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My fuel pump went out Sunday and left me stranded. Called my dealerahip and got a 7am service appointment on Wednesday. Had it towed to the dealership Tuesday night. It's Friday afternoon and they said they haven't looked at it yet. Genuinely curious what the 7am service appt on Wednesday was for??? The only other service appts I've had with them were for routine maintenance. And my car was serviced at my appt time. And trying to get anyone there to answer the phone is damn near impossible.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My fuel pump went out Sunday and left me stranded. Called my dealerahip and got a 7am service appointment on Wednesday. Had it towed to the dealership Tuesday night. It's Friday afternoon and they said they haven't looked at it yet. Genuinely curious what the 7am service appt on Wednesday was for??? The only other service appts I've had with them were for routine maintenance. And my car was serviced at my appt time. And trying to get anyone there to answer the phone is damn near impossible.
Perhaps the appointment is like this reservation: ;)

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Most shops are extremely busy these days. Your appointment unfortunately doesnt always mean it will be looked at immediately, it just gets it inline. Things inevitably get backed up, especially when dealing with as many backorder parts Ford has had lately and lack of workers. Then of course you do have those situations where certain people get special treatment because they know somebody or just bitch enough the shop just wants to get rid of them.

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your appointment was a scheduled check in time with the service department - not when the technician was going to look at your vehicle. Once checked in, your vehicle gets put in line for diagnosis. Depending on shop workload, it could take a few days before they can look at your vehicle. Your advisor failed to communicate that with you so its not your fault your expectations did not meet reality but truth is that is how almost every dealer operates. Some are busier than others, other dealers manage their time better but all of them are backed up to some degree.

Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I always get same day service at the dealership. Sounds like some bad service centers to me

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

People just don't want to work anymore. They want free paychecks. So for the few that actually still have a work ethic and bothered to show up, they get overloaded and over scheduled.

Just going to have to determine if the dealership sucks, are they really are just overloaded and trying their best.

In reality, if it's a fuel pump, they should have it already on order. No need to wait except for for to get them a replacement.

Reese

Badlands
First Name
Reese 💁🏻‍♀️🇨🇦
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Lux 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lmfao!!!!! This comment wins!!!!
Oh my gosh!!! No joke! I literally made reference to this 3 days ago!!!🤣🤣🤣

Indeed this comment wins the the internet today! 😂✌

In all seriousness, I really hope that it gets fixed for you @Amcole1984. I was just about to message you on the other thread to see if they had fixed it yet. Hang in there. It will get fixed.
😑😞

~Reese

Last edited:
OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh my gosh!!! No joke! I literally made reference to this 3 days ago!!!🤣🤣🤣

Indeed this comment wins the the internet today! 😂✌

In all seriousness, I really hope that it gets fixed for you @Amcole1984. I was just about to message you on the other thread to see if they had fixed it yet. Hang in there. It will get fixed.
😑😞

~Reese
Still have not looked at it. I'll call again on Monday.😒

Reese

Badlands
First Name
Reese 💁🏻‍♀️🇨🇦
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Lux 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still have not looked at it. I'll call again on Monday.😒
Chin up!🧡💯

We all go through these shenanigans, I did a few days ago. And I wasn’t polite about it.

Unfortunately, sometimes were at the mercy of others for whatever reason and for some things. And we can’t do much about it. It’s frustrating as heck.

Take a deep breath. It’ll be up and running soon enough! And behind you.💯

~ Reese

Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your appointment was a scheduled check in time with the service department - not when the technician was going to look at your vehicle. Once checked in, your vehicle gets put in line for diagnosis. Depending on shop workload, it could take a few days before they can look at your vehicle. Your advisor failed to communicate that with you so its not your fault your expectations did not meet reality but truth is that is how almost every dealer operates. Some are busier than others, other dealers manage their time better but all of them are backed up to some degree.
You must be an advisor as well

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You must be an advisor as well
Lol! And to update, they STILL haven't looked at it. Tomorrow will be a week since I dropped it off. At what point is enough enough?

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes I am. And one that gets perfect surveys back from every customer. Under promise, over deliver. And always communicate even if there's no update.
I got out of the dealers and went independent. One thing Ive learned is communication is 90% of the job.

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got out of the dealers and went independent. One thing Ive learned is communication is 90% of the job.
I started independent and moved to a dealer 12 years ago. The pay is a lot better at a dealer lol
Sponsored