First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So my issue was same as yours, with an added issue. The passenger side was slightly loose fitting, but I crimped down the rivnut tight and it fits great. The drivers side....the rivnuts would NOT FIT! Way smaller holes. I started to dwell on it and then with the help of my neighbor we just decided to router it out with a drill bit just enough to get the rivnut to fit. Not something I wanted to do, but it worked great and now I am past it. Loving rhe top these past few days!

FB_IMG_1685754696838.jpg

FB_IMG_1685754702758.jpg

FB_IMG_1685755342825.jpg

FB_IMG_1685755353387.jpg

What model year is yours? Wondering if the holes are diff sizes based on year. If the hole is too small I’m not drilling into my new car…
Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

carljackson04

Badlands
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LLY ex cab LT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in Oklahoma and was able to pick up a brand new in box Bestop Trektop for $1k off marketplace. I really like it but was considering the rampage trail view before I found the Bestop. I am personally glad I went this route. I still don’t necessarily know if the Bestop is better quality but it looks better than the other options in my opinion and for $1k it’s hard to beat. Been seeing other deals on there lately too. Just saw another trektop for like $800.

Sponsored

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Read their reviews...and they will not send you a top. You will get a refund.
Now I’m scared. Hope I didn’t throw away $750. Reviews say they won’t cancel orders even up to a year and in some cases cancelled but only gave store credit. Not gonna work for me.

Their disclaimers don’t say this and if several months pass without a shipping number and if my card was charged in full, I would think I could successfully dispute this with my credit card company as paid and mot received. Not sure how they would escape that

Last edited:

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now I’m scared. Hope I didn’t throw away $750. Reviews say they won’t cancel orders even up to a year and in some cases cancelled but only have store credit.

Their disclaimers don’t say this and it’s several months pass without a shipping id think I could successfully dispute this with my credit card company as paid and mot received. Not sure how they would escape that
Watch your statement. You'll probably see an initial pending charge that never actually gets charged. It will eventually drop.

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Watch your statement. You'll probably see an initial pending charge that never actually gets charged. It will eventually drop.
It does say pending…man I hope I didn’t get ripped off. I’m fine if it drops but review indicate otherwise… :(. Hope my credit card has my back

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got a refund. Wheew.

Question; for those who have installed the riv nuts without having to widen the hole what year and body style did you have?? I don’t want to buy this and find out the riv nuts don’t fit

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncobro04

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a refund. Wheew.

Question; for those who have installed the riv nuts without having to widen the hole what year and body style did you have?? I don’t want to buy this and find out the riv nuts don’t fit
I have a 21 2 door and the rivnuts went in fine

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine went in fine also. I have a 23. I have gotten the vibration under control too. I just have the Velcro straps 1/3 way done above the driver and passenger seat and it’s gone away. It does bubble a little in the middle. But hey, I don’t have to look at it. lol.

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well struck out a 2nd time. Real truck told me they had 13 in stock. Placed order. Was told I’d have in 3 days. No shipping notification…

I call them and they tell me the 13 are already paid for by some “company” and they don’t have them. So if anyone has a lead on the 2-door version please let me know. Else I’m giving up on this BS endeavor.

why would a company suddenly discontinue a product after they are popular. Not a happy camper.

@Bestop_Team please make a 2-door soft top that is better than what you have. The demand is there. Your competitors have one. Can you??!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well struck out a 2nd time. Real truck told me they had 13 in stock. Placed order. Was told I’d have in 3 days. No shipping notification…

I call them and they tell me the 13 are already paid for by some “company” and they don’t have them. So if anyone has a lead on the 2-door version please let me know. Else I’m giving up on this BS endeavor.

why would a company suddenly discontinue a product after they are popular. Not a happy camper.

@Bestop_Team please make a 2-door soft top that is better than what you have. The demand is there. Your competitors have one. Can you??!
It's pretty much a one company town in terms of Bronco soft tops unfortunately. I miss the days back when I had a selection of aftermarket tops available in various styles and features for my CJs. :(
Sponsored