Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can’t seem to find anyone else that has experienced this issue so I figured I’d try to give a few people some anxiety -

2022 Wildtrak / Signature lighting w/ poor-man’s mid package

Starting recently I’ve experienced several instances where my rear marker lights don’t come on with the headlights when driving in the dark. First time somebody rolled their window down and told me at a red light in town early one morning and its happened a few times since when I’ve been looking for it.

Kicker is that it’s ONLY the rear marker lights (whatever you want to call the red part of the tail light that comes on when the headlights are one). Happening on both sides simultaneously. The brake lights work, the reverse lights work, the turn signals work. The remedy in all 3 experiences has been to stop the vehicle, turn it off and open the door so the power dies, start it up again and cycle the headlight switch From auto (where it lives normally) to completely off then back through the selections to auto again. From then on they work like a champ until the next occurrence a week or two later.

Software is up to date

In all 3 instances it’s been dark.. not just dim. 3:30 AM dark
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No modifications, correct? DM me your VIN and I'll look at your VHR.

OP
OP
V1Rotate

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No modifications, correct? DM me your VIN and I'll look at your VHR.
I’ve done a few simple Forscan mods (double honk, Rock crawl, amber DRL, rear speaker eq, seatbelt minder, TPMS threshold, etc) but that was about a year ago and had no issues until a few weeks ago. Stock taillights

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Can’t seem to find anyone else that has experienced this issue so I figured I’d try to give a few people some anxiety -

2022 Wildtrak / Signature lighting w/ poor-man’s mid package

Starting recently I’ve experienced several instances where my rear marker lights don’t come on with the headlights when driving in the dark. First time somebody rolled their window down and told me at a red light in town early one morning and its happened a few times since when I’ve been looking for it.

Kicker is that it’s ONLY the rear marker lights (whatever you want to call the red part of the tail light that comes on when the headlights are one). Happening on both sides simultaneously. The brake lights work, the reverse lights work, the turn signals work. The remedy in all 3 experiences has been to stop the vehicle, turn it off and open the door so the power dies, start it up again and cycle the headlight switch From auto (where it lives normally) to completely off then back through the selections to auto again. From then on they work like a champ until the next occurrence a week or two later.

Software is up to date

In all 3 instances it’s been dark.. not just dim. 3:30 AM dark
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had an issue with my pass side tail light - the top half stopped working. Replaced the whole unit - sometimes it's just a bad LED board, but sounds a bit more involved on your end if it's both at same time.

Sponsored
OP
OP
V1Rotate

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had an issue with my pass side tail light - the top half stopped working. Replaced the whole unit - sometimes it's just a bad LED board, but sounds a bit more involved on your end if it's both at same time.
Yeah it’d be quite the coincidence for both sides to act up in unison each time and also not lose any other functionality of the tail light. Love me a good intermittent electrical issue! Get enough of that on my wife’s jeep

2022obxblack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
New, to the forum, just got my Bronco last month. Yesterday I had the same issue. I went to pick up my daughter around 9pm and noticed my right side blinker was hyper flashing. Got out and saw my taillights were not on even though the headlights were. Back up lights did not work either. Left side blinker was fine. Totally stock as well.

OP
OP
V1Rotate

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

New, to the forum, just got my Bronco last month. Yesterday I had the same issue. I went to pick up my daughter around 9pm and noticed my right side blinker was hyper flashing. Got out and saw my taillights were not on even though the headlights were. Back up lights did not work either. Left side blinker was fine. Totally stock as well.
That’s a strange one. In my case all other light functionality was totally normal except for the marker lights and it was uniform left to right. Were you able to get it working again?

2022obxblack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s a strange one. In my case all other light functionality was totally normal except for the marker lights and it was uniform left to right. Were you able to get it working again?

No, I turned off the car and restarted it but it didn't fix the issue. But I'm gonna check this morning and try your suggestion if it's still an issue.

2022obxblack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I took mine in today and they told me I needed a new BCM. Should be good now. Now if they could figure out what is up the damn floor heat lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
V1Rotate

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I took mine in today and they told me I needed a new BCM. Should be good now. Now if they could figure out what is up the damn floor heat lol.
Glad you got the lights sorted out at least!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm having a similar fast blinker on driver's side issue. All lights seem to be on...and it's been a little bit intermittent...I did change tails to Oracle LED's, so all lights should be LED's....and shouldn't go out?
Sponsored