2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@604Bronco
Just a few updates;
Spark plugs are now SP-594 and transmission filter is FT-202
Thanks @Ducati1098 !

I just updated the original post. If there's any other updates or errors, please let me know and I'll update it again.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@604Bronco
Just a few updates;
Spark plugs are now SP-594 and transmission filter is FT-202
Hey bud, I need your expertise and feedback.

Going to soon be installing the Ford Performance Rear Diff Cover and changing the gear oil for both the front and rear axles.

I know the spec is 75W-85W for front and rear, but I want to go a little different, but not all the way to Wrangler Dana 44 runs.

Would it cause any issue to run 75W-90W for front and rear? I know what the warranty concern is, but since I off-road a decent bit, want the higher temp.

Plan to get AMSOIL Severe Gear Full Synthetic Gear Oil. IF you advise that I stay with spec, I will; kind of torn with this decision.

Bronco is 2023, 2.7 BadSquatch w Advanced T-case and I’m at just under 10K miles, so about time for my oil change too.

Almost want to change my transmission fluid too since it tends to almost cook to above 210F when in 4H or 4L when off-road and smelled it a tad this past summer. Thinking of changing to an aftermarket pan with a drain. PFP or something I think.

Anyway, any info is much appreciated.

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey bud, I need your expertise and feedback.

Going to soon be installing the Ford Performance Rear Diff Cover and changing the gear oil for both the front and rear axles.

I know the spec is 75W-85W for front and rear, but I want to go a little different, but not all the way to Wrangler Dana 44 runs.

Would it cause any issue to run 75W-90W for front and rear? I know what the warranty concern is, but since I off-road a decent bit, want the higher temp.

Plan to get AMSOIL Severe Gear Full Synthetic Gear Oil. IF you advise that I stay with spec, I will; kind of torn with this decision.

Bronco is 2023, 2.7 BadSquatch w Advanced T-case and I’m at just under 10K miles, so about time for my oil change too.

Almost want to change my transmission fluid too since it tends to almost cook to above 210F when in 4H or 4L when off-road and smelled it a tad this past summer. Thinking of changing to an aftermarket pan with a drain. PFP or something I think.

Anyway, any info is much appreciated.
No it won’t cause any issues at all. Especially warranty related, nobody is ever going to be able to tell the difference.

I bought that pan also, along with the PPE trans pan, but haven’t had a chance to install them yet.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No it won’t cause any issues at all. Especially warranty related, nobody is ever going to be able to tell the difference.

I bought that pan also, along with the PPE trans pan, but haven’t had a chance to install them yet.
Ahh, yes, PPE. Will grab that pan soon.

The FP cover is on the way, so ordering the AMSOIL. With my amount of off-roading a slightly higher viscosity and changing the fluid every 20K should keep me good.

Appreciate the reply!

Chvless956c

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i’m running the fp performance cover on the rear, with amsoil 75w-140 as recommended by Dana for both its differentials, no issues, no real change in mileage

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's just my opinion of course, but the Bronco keeps both the oil and transmission right around 200°. So if you're going to be changing your transmission fluid every time it hits 210 be prepared to be doing it a lot!

Ironically, I just went snow wheeling (easy paved roads, 2 ft snow) and the Bronco kept both the oil and transmission at around 210 or a little over (which is higher than when I'm actually off roading in the summer).

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's just my opinion of course, but the Bronco keeps both the oil and transmission right around 200°. So if you're going to be changing your transmission fluid every time it hits 210 be prepared to be doing it a lot!

Ironically, I just went snow wheeling (easy paved roads, 2 ft snow) and the Bronco kept both the oil and transmission at around 210 or a little over (which is higher than when I'm actually off roading in the summer).
Yeah, it got above 220 a few times as well this summer and I could smell it. Learned later that’s not too alarming for this transmission and as long as it doesn’t hit 250, it isn’t technically cooking.

I do plan to get the PPE pan installed and that’ll give me the opportunity to change the fluid, but won’t plan to again for maybe 50K miles.

When it hit 220 I rested a bit and it came back down. Plus, putting the tranny in manual mode helps as well and is a bit fun too. :)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, it got above 220 a few times as well this summer and I could smell it. Learned later that’s not too alarming for this transmission and as long as it doesn’t hit 250, it isn’t technically cooking.

I do plan to get the PPE pan installed and that’ll give me the opportunity to change the fluid, but won’t plan to again for maybe 50K miles.

When it hit 220 I rested a bit and it came back down. Plus, putting the tranny in manual mode helps as well and is a bit fun too. :)

Obviously you wouldn't want to do this in the winter, but if you turn the AC on it'll drop the temps all around because of the extra fan.

Also, i noticed that it stays cooler if you keep it in gear. I experimented in a drive-thru once by putting it in neutral (thinking it would stay cooler because it's not working), But when I would put it back in drive to move up the temp would spike.

RedSoloCup

Big Bend
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok so i got a new 2023 last month. My dipstick shows oil 1/4 over the top dot. I’ve seen threads with others having this issue. Below is a pic of the owners manual available to me on my FordPass app. It’s a 3-10-2023 date. Yet you are saying it’s now 7 qts as of Dec 2023. Why don’t i have an updated manual then? And if it’s 7 why does my dipstick incorrectly show it’s overfilled. Seems like it should be 6 qts.

IMG_7969.png

mspeter

Badlands
First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Badlands 7-spd, ‘20 F350 Dually, & 3x M422A1s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Generally in warmer climates; Nor Cal & NV, S. ID summer deserts

Diffs - Redline Heavy Duty Shock Proof - "super-multiviscousity"
“Film thickness greater than an SAE 75W250, yet low fluid friction like 75W90”

Transfercase - RedLine 75W85. (have advance-trac w/clutches but will not use 4A)

7MT - Redline MTL (FYI - late ‘22 - 7K miles - no 5th/6th synchro scraping noise. 🤞🤞🤞)

Sponsored

Tucker417

Outer Banks
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thought I would share the gear oil I chose to use on my 23 OBX. Mine were not under filled like some have reported. Meets the Ford Spec as well.
Ford Bronco Recommended Oils, Fluids, Coolants, Filters, Components for 2021 Ford Bronco IMG_1493
Ford Bronco Recommended Oils, Fluids, Coolants, Filters, Components for 2021 Ford Bronco IMG_1493
Ford Bronco Recommended Oils, Fluids, Coolants, Filters, Components for 2021 Ford Bronco IMG_1494

Towerism

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco Badlands 4D 7-speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok so i got a new 2023 last month. My dipstick shows oil 1/4 over the top dot. I’ve seen threads with others having this issue. Below is a pic of the owners manual available to me on my FordPass app. It’s a 3-10-2023 date. Yet you are saying it’s now 7 qts as of Dec 2023. Why don’t i have an updated manual then? And if it’s 7 why does my dipstick incorrectly show it’s overfilled. Seems like it should be 6 qts.

Ford Bronco Recommended Oils, Fluids, Coolants, Filters, Components for 2021 Ford Bronco IMG_1494
FWIW I also have the 2.3L and I went with 6qt because I trust the owners manual. Oil level is just a hair under the max level.

RedSoloCup

Big Bend
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

FWIW I also have the 2.3L and I went with 6qt because I trust the owners manual. Oil level is just a hair under the max level.
I have a 2.7 not a 2.3.

Towerism

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco Badlands 4D 7-speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

RedSoloCup