First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else having trouble with Serius Radio Reception ? I traveled from San Diego to Montana and back and had issues all along the way. Did a refresh with Serius, but still some dead spots here in S.D. I'm curious if this is a thing like the cam phaser issue, some get it, some don't.
Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else having trouble with Serius Radio Reception ? I traveled from San Diego to Montana and back and had issues all along the way. Did a refresh with Serius, but still some dead spots here in S.D. I'm curious if this is a thing like the cam phaser issue, some get it, some don't.
Do you have anything on your roof?

OP
OP

Lefty P

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have anything on your roof?
I do, a small rack at the back above the cargo area only, doesn't cover the removable roof panels.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

the Sirius antenna is on the top side of the back roll bar. Likely that your roof rack is obstructing signal.

I only have issues when traveling downtown when I'm beside tall buildings which are blocking the signal or if there is a ton of heavy, wet snow on top .

Sponsored
OP
OP

Lefty P

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP

Lefty P

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't know the antenna was on the roll cage. What's the whip at the front for, looks / retro ? I wonder if there is an aftermarket way to move this ?
BTW Hoosier, thanks for the help !

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Didn't know the antenna was on the roll cage. What's the whip at the front for, looks / retro ? I wonder if there is an aftermarket way to move this ?
The antenna on the front is for FM radio

OP
OP

Lefty P

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The antenna on the front is for FM radio
Thanks. Really just thinking out loud, I knew there was a purpose but my other serius equipped don't have a visible whip.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

you could get the correct splitter, extended cable and another antenna and place it on some kind of bracket. It would be nice if someone would design a kit

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here's a pic showing the Sirius antenna, it's on the driver's side of the rear roll cage (that plastic oval by the strap).

Apparently the hard tops don't interfere with reception too much.

Ford Bronco Sirius Radio Reception - Spotty at Best 1705689159988

NYtoCALI

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4 door on order-Transwest Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford specing system - roof rack, there’s a fine print note that “satellite radio could be affected”. Really wanted a rack on my OB coming in, but decided against it.

Been having spotty issues with Sirius on our other vehicles in Southern California, Has been happening the past 12 months. Will cut out into momentarily or change songs without warning. Talk to Sirius and they blame it on the vehicle…. say that I don’t have the update. Bunch of nonsense. Unfortunately can’t live without Sat radio.

OP
OP

Lefty P

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford specing system - roof rack, there’s a fine print note that “satellite radio could be affected”. Really wanted a rack on my OB coming in, but decided against it.

Been having spotty issues with Sirius on our other vehicles in Southern California, Has been happening the past 12 months. Will cut out into momentarily or change songs without warning. Talk to Sirius and they blame it on the vehicle…. say that I don’t have the update. Bunch of nonsense. Unfortunately can’t live without Sat radio.
The dealer told me to call Serius and have them refresh the signal. I did that but until I remove the rack I won't know how well it worked. I only use the rack going back and forth to Montana so I'm gonna take it off and store it.

karmaguy38

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrack 4-Door Sasquach/Lux in Shadow Black
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have no roof rack and have spotty reception. It's not Sirius, it's the location of the antenna under the hardtop. Ford needs to fix it.

karmaguy38

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrack 4-Door Sasquach/Lux in Shadow Black
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is reception issues, even without the rack. This is a Ford problem.
Sponsored