Sponsored

Thoughts on the JCR Vanguard front bumper?

JGB1966

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend Sasquatch 2.7 Auto
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looking for thoughts from those running the JCR Vanguard bumper....
I like the profile of it, I'm wondering if the factory fog lights will mount to it and how the finish is holding up? I would also be looking to add the front skid plate at the same time.
Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have one in aluminum and like the look but it is a pain to get to the bull/prerunner bar bolts and they ā€œcageā€ the winch (maybe good theft prevention)ā€¦fog light mounts are also a pain and they are too high for my DD lights (had to shorten the mounts) plus the holes are on the angle and will cut some light to the inside (not a big deal). You would need to fab some mounts for the stock fogs. I am still running the stock skid and it doesnā€™t match well but worksā€¦overall it is well made, pretty substantial and the finish seems Ok. so far so goodā€¦
Ford Bronco Thoughts on the JCR Vanguard front bumper? IMG_0402

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have one in aluminum and like the look but it is a pain to get to the bull/prerunner bar bolts and they ā€œcageā€ the winch (maybe good theft prevention)ā€¦fog light mounts are also a pain and they are too high for my DD lights (had to shorten the mounts) plus the holes are on the angle and will cut some light to the inside (not a big deal). You would need to fab some mounts for the stock fogs. I am still running the stock skid and it doesnā€™t match well but worksā€¦overall it is well made, pretty substantial and the finish seems Ok. so far so goodā€¦
Ford Bronco Thoughts on the JCR Vanguard front bumper? IMG_0402
Iā€™m interested in that bumper in aluminum as well. Do you know how much it weighs with your tube work?

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like mine, finish is holding up well after 18 months. Iā€™ve connected my motorhome tow bars to it via the shackle mounts and have towed the Bronco 7,000 miles doing that and Iā€™ve also used my winch a few times. Iā€™ve also got Baja Designs Squadron Sport lights installed and they fit perfect. I also added the full set of JCR skid plates.

JCR lists the weight for nearly everything they sell on their website. I put a document on a thread a year or so ago listing the stock weights for what I removed. A search should turn that up.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iā€™m interested in that bumper in aluminum as well. Do you know how much it weighs with your tube work?
Sorry did not weigh itā€¦but the winch is much heavier than the bumper bar comboā€¦

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ended up going a different route but that must mean the bumper is pretty light most winches are 70-90lbs. Hopefully it will be sturdy enough. Looks great!
Sponsored