First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just wanted to pass along the info I received from Tom Woods Driveshafts. At this time they are not going to be designing or releasing drive shafts for the 6g Bronco. A bummer for sure. Seems that Spicer and Ford are in cahoots lol. Maybe in the future things will change.

IMG_4928.png
Sponsored

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just got off the phone with John @ Adams Driveshafts here locally in Vegas. Adams also holds a name that is also regarded highly in the industry. They did my jeep with 1350s a while back and asked about the bronco, they said they do offer 1350 driveshafts for the Bronco. Quote over the phone was
800 for the rear and just slightly less for the front. There are additional details regarding the yoke for the front driveshaft so if there are any further questions, just call them as I definitely don't want to relay the wrong interpretation.
https://www.adamsdriveshaftoffroad.com/
702-568-5680 and ask for John.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mattusmc

mattusmc

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got off the phone with John @ Adams Driveshafts here locally in Vegas. They did my jeep with 1350s a while back and asked about the bronco, they said they do offer 1350 driveshafts for the Bronco. Quote over the phone was
800 for the rear and just slightly less for the front. There are additional details regarding the yoke for the front driveshaft so if there are any further questions, just call them as I definitely don't want to relay the wrong interpretation.
https://www.adamsdriveshaftoffroad.com/
702-568-5680 and ask for John.
This is good news, I’ll be reaching out to them.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

the front shaft does not move and stays relatively straight. I don't see it EVER wearing out. a nearly identical front shaft design in my isuzu Vehicross lasted well over 300K miles.

the rear is a different story

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

this responce surprises me a bit..seems like they are mad they cant use off the shelf jeep parts....I fully expected the bronco to have proprietary parts on the driveshafts. and the transfer case yoke flange. it is a common and desirable 32 splines. the seal is a different size than most other 32 sp yokes and the spline length is different as well, BUT totally adaptable.

the rear axle flange is also proprietary and spicer WONT sell the 1350 flange by itself. the jeep m220 uses a different pinion bearing with their own proprietary flange...So it requires a bit more work, because it hasn't been done yet...

NO big deal, I'll get mine done next week and post part numbers as well.

Sponsored

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From Tom woods driveshafts.

“Because the front shafts are maybe more likely to need to be upgraded and replaced than the rear it doesn't make sense for us to develop rear shafts if we can't do the front.”

Not sure I understand this. Is the front shaft under-designed? It seems to me that the end conditions dominate the response. The shaft is a freaking shaft. Easy to design. The end conditions in the rear are way more dynamic.

Is anyone having issues with the front shaft?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both outputs? That's going to make ditching the CV fairly easy.
Yeah, but you'll still have to deal with the axle flanges. Does the JL M220 use a flange or a standard U-joint yoke? I would imagine you could swap the flange for the yoke on the rear :unsure: 🤷‍♂️

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Last edited:

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bigger question with Reel is where are they sourcing the flange adapters? Once you have that everything else is common off the shelf.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They have a 1350 option as well.
My local driveline shop which is very reputable amongst the rubicon community here. Recently stated that they had created a driveshaft for the Bronco. It’s not on their website but I may swing by to see what the hub is about. They said they already sold 20 or so examples.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah, but you'll still have to deal with the axle flanges. Does the JL M220 use a flange or a standard U-joint yoke? I would imagine you could swap the flange for the yoke on the rear :unsure: 🤷‍♂️
the jeep m220 flange is different, mostly because the splines are a different length, because it uses a DIFFERENT pinion bearing than the bronco...not impossible, but not convenient.
Sponsored