Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got a toplift pro for my 2 door and put it together today. The instructions and videos are beyond terrible so it ended up taking forever and I ran out of daylight to get my top off today. I did roll it out fast and see how it would operate. I have mabett speaker pods and the lift seems to not go as far as it should because it hits the pods. After extending the arms it seems that it will still work fine. Will find out tomorrow.

Information on these seems pretty damn sparse there is one single video on youtube of someone using this on a 2 door.

Figured I would post this and update it with some pics if anyone is interested.
Sponsored

NatureBoy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Appreciate the effort. Let us know how it goes, looking for options myself.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I got a toplift pro for my 2 door and put it together today. The instructions and videos are beyond terrible so it ended up taking forever and I ran out of daylight to get my top off today. I did roll it out fast and see how it would operate. I have mabett speaker pods and the lift seems to not go as far as it should because it hits the pods. After extending the arms it seems that it will still work fine. Will find out tomorrow.

Information on these seems pretty damn sparse there is one single video on youtube of someone using this on a 2 door.

Figured I would post this and update it with some pics if anyone is interested.
Yes, post pics. I have a 2 door Heritage and just ordered one today. There's a work around for the Heritage mod top to make it work but another member posted pics and it does work well. The mod top has hardware for the gunner's hatch, so you have to add a few steps to prop the top on some spacers so the arms can be opened. Should be much more straight forward for you. Let us know how it works out.

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the top lift pro for my 2 door. it took a while to build it right, i know what your saying. but it works awesome and is easy to get the top off in like 5-10m once you know the routine.

Suggestions. def get a pool noodle, cut (2) 1 foot sections out and use them under the top where the front bolts go, it takes the 2 studs on the top and lifts them out the holes making the lift easier and the install easier. It also helps make the arms open easier, you do need to climb in the back to open them ( i find that easiest)

when the tops off i use those foam pieces for the corners of the top, to prevent getting wacked or broken.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ixr

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
update

The toplift worked fine with the mabett pods, it does go in far enough to work.

One problem I have maybe someone can chime in on is lowering the top once it's on the lift the lowering mechanism is very tough, when the unit is empty it works fine but with the weight if the top lowering it down is very hard.

Not sure why but can post pictures atm

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
update

One problem I have maybe someone can chime in on is lowering the top once it's on the lift the lowering mechanism is very tough, when the unit is empty it works fine but with the weight if the top lowering it down is very hard.

It’s a little sketchy bc the weight is now making the mechanism tighter, I was thinking of ordering the motorized arm for it

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

update

It takes a bit of muscle without the powered addon.

I usually get the top into position to be put back on, then push down a bit on the handle to take some of the weight off, then pull in the hand lever and slowly lower it down - even if it's just a couple of notches. Once I did it a few times it got very easy, I can do it in about 5 minutes. Just be careful not to catch the rollbar with the extended arms.

OP
OP
Ixr

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
It takes a bit of muscle without the powered addon.

I usually get the top into position to be put back on, then push down a bit on the handle to take some of the weight off, then pull in the hand lever and slowly lower it down - even if it's just a couple of notches. Once I did it a few times it got very easy, I can do it in about 5 minutes. Just be careful not to catch the rollbar with the extended arms.
im not so concerned with lowering back onto the bronco ... I need to lower it to fit in my garage so it seems sketchy lowering it down ... but it worked and didnt fall or anything.

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

im not so concerned with lowering back onto the bronco ... I need to lower it to fit in my garage so it seems sketchy lowering it down ... but it worked and didnt fall or anything.
Ooooo, I understand now. Yeah it does seem a little wobbly but I think they designed it that way. It's solid. I've kept my hard top on it for 2 weeks+ with no issues.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I took the top off of my 2 door Heritage Edition today. There's an extra step vs the MIC top. The Mod top has hardware for the gunner's hatch that prevents the opening of the support arms. I lifted the top a few inches and placed styrofoam bricks under both sides of the top, forward of the rear locator pins and a block under each bolt plate, at the front of the top. Then I just lowered the top onto the bricks. This allowed enough room to open the support arms. Then just lift and roll back. The arms rest on the frame of the gunner's hatch and the rear of the top. I can extend the support arm ends to level the top but I'm not comfortable having the weight supported by the hatch.

IMG_8999.jpeg

IMG_8996.jpeg

IMG_9004.jpeg

IMG_9010.jpeg

IMG_9003.jpeg
Sponsored