jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All of my F-150's with automatic transmissions display the gear/speed. The 10 speed in the Bronco is only momentarily displayed while in "D" if you flip the shifter's rocker switch. In manual shift mode speed selection is displayed continuously. It would be neat to see how the shifts/skips/downshifts occur by the computer when in auto mode. Forscan tech support say they do not know how to enable "always on" display. Surely someone here is a buddy to someone in the vehicle module programming dept. at Ford and can get this info to change the values with Forscan in the "As built" data. I am sure it would only take one character change to accomplish.!
Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Seen this thread multiple times and have not seen anyone do it through forescan yet.

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree, you need to see which speed you are in as the auto position goes through speeds.. I notice that in auto it is not down shifting and the engine is be challenged.. I watch the fuel consumption display and the MPG does down.. then you have to take manual and shift it down and the MPG flips right.. As with old Fords, you cannot let the engines big down.. Had this same problem in the 2013 Escape before the transmission broke down in it..🤣
Sponsored