Sponsored

Well this is a first, Dealer didn't want the order...

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So a local dealer here in Wisconsin (Driftless region), did not want my Bronco order because I wasn't "local enough". He stated "We are trying to only order Broncos for the people that have a decent trade and will get their services and everything done here." I live about 45 minutes away and just wanted an honest dealer as i don't trust my local one. He also stated because they only charge MSRP and TTL that they don't make any money on them and want to try to send their orders for the more local buyers. Welp... okie dokie then i guess.

I have a closer Ford Dealership, but they wanted to charge me MSRP + Freight + "dealer fees". when i asked for an itemization of what these "dealer fees" are they had a slew of crappy upcharges. I told them I wasn't paying $750 for Nitro in my tires, they got all pissy with me. well guess time to call Dealer #3.
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow. I’m surprised 45 minutes isn’t considered local. I have a couple of closer Ford dealers to me, but the dealer my family and I have been going to for years is a good 45-60 minute drive.

Did you explain to the salesman that you didn’t trust the other dealers that are closer and would likely be going to them for service as well?

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wow. I’m surprised 45 minutes isn’t considered local. I have a couple of closer Ford dealers to me, but the dealer my family and I have been going to for years is a good 45-60 minute drive.

Did you explain to the salesman that you didn’t trust the other dealers that are closer and would likely be going to them for service as well?
He knows I have a Ford Dealership in the City i live in, cause I told him where I live. I said "I understand why you all may want to do that, but you'll be losing out on my trade and future sales. I will be honest and say that if its for an oil change or something, then yea I wouldn't drive there, but my wife needs a new vehicle in a couple years, so this isn't a 1 and done thing."
He was kind of interested when i told him my trade was a 2018 F150, but then just kept acting like he didn't wan the order. Saying that anyone that places a 2022 orderafter the new year will probably get pushed to 2023 anyways cause of demand; so I could just wait, blah blah blah. So i will go somewhere that wants the business i guess.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A sales rep that told you at MSRP “ THEY” aren’t making any money is flat out lying. Should of asked how they stay in business when prior to these current times, they routinely sold vehicles well below sticker.

Most dealers charging sticker are adding the mystery charges. Average is about $500. This fee is generally bargained away during normal times. However, since the Bronco is a car in demand, and dealer lots are practically void of stock, they are making folks pay these fees. The freight is already included in the sticker total.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A while back i decided to make a 2nd reservation for a buildable Bronco but this time picked a dealer about 30-40 minutes away that I knew wouldn't charge over MSRP. When I called them to get that reservation converted to an order, they also refused. Basically they said it would not be fair to their current order holders if they allowed me to jump in line ahead of them. (I was going to order a BB soft top as a holdover u til my WT came in)

Thought it was stupid but I could respect it..so much so that I plan on taking all my Ford business to them when possible because of it.

Sponsored

Greg Davis

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Base
I sell Land Rovers and if we sell out of market we lose "business builder" money from the manufacturer, so I have to turn people away on a daily basis that want inventory but they are out of our region - both orders and the occasional new car that we have available. Frustrating as a sales person, but understandable from a business standpoint. Why sell your allocations to someone that you will never see again.

And yes I drive a Defender.........and yes I have a 2-door Base Sasquatch on order.;)

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I sell Land Rovers and if we sell out of market we lose "business builder" money from the manufacturer, so I have to turn people away on a daily basis that want inventory but they are out of our region - both orders and the occasional new car that we have available. Frustrating as a sales person, but understandable from a business standpoint. Why sell your allocations to someone that you will never see again.

And yes I drive a Defender.........and yes I have a 2-door Base Sasquatch on order.;)
I can get it to some degree, but i told them we plan on purchasing a 2022 Expedition or 2023 Explorer as well and still didn't want it. It is what it is.
Sponsored