First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK 2DR 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Worked on storage today, was hauling around an old school milk crate with everything in it. Now I have a locking box mounted in.
IMG_2507.jpeg

first I popped off the side latches so that it opens easily and saved them for β€˜later,
IMG_2508.jpeg
next drilled holes so I could secure it but it can be easily removed to access the jack
IMG_2512.jpeg

then filled it
IMG_2514.jpeg

the Box is strong, I stood on it, and the cargo area is now much more dog friendly.

since now when the box is open there is less β€˜working’ space I also installed a tailgate table. I had ordered the Ford one, but after it arrived bent and I realized it needed to have holes drilled into the tailgate I went with a much more basic option and am pleased with how it came out.
IMG_2505.jpeg
IMG_2506.jpeg
Can you put both seats up and be able to close the tailgate with it back there?
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Added the @hammerbuilt tailgate re-enforcement. I was really surprised at how much it stiffened up the tailgate, a VERY noticeable improvement. I was skeptical if it would really make a difference but it most certainly did.

Pretty straight forward install. Couple of observations:
1. I broke torque on all four tailgate mounting bolts prior to doing anything.
2. Used cardboard from the shipping box to shim up the tailgate.
3. Install the supplied hardware for the top two mounting bolts onto the plate then you just need to lift the re-enforcement plate up and thread in the top bolts, this way there's no messing around with trying to keep the spacers from falling out as they're already on the bolts. That was actually my wife's idea and quite brilliant I might add.
4. Thread in the top two bolts just enough so that you KNOW they are engaged into the plate inside the tailgate.
5. Remove the lower two tailgate bolts and install the supplied spacers and bolts.
6. Snug down the tailgate bolts a tad.
7. Instal the spare tire carrier and snug everything up evenly.
8. One beer job at the most, took us less than 30min.

One thing that threw me off a bit was once everything was bolted up I opened the tailgate and it seemed off a bit, it didn't operate smoothly at all.

It was do to not having the spare mounted, once I put it back on, everything was perfectly smooth again. The tailgate is aligned with weight on it, so don't be alarmed if things don't feel right before putting the spare back on.

I bought the accessory mounting bracket too but didn't instal it as I have nothing to mount to it. I got everything all at once so I have it in standby if or when needed.

And BTW, after a test drive it has eliminated our "water bottle" squeak, completely silent! I've been messing around with adding weatherstripping and silicone grease all for nothing.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_0071

Last edited:

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yesterday we did the Buckhorn Draw trail, which starts about 20 miles west of Green River, UT. It is about 75 miles of dirt road, not challenging at all. But the scenery is fantastic. After you go through the canyon you climb up onto a plateau and then we went to an overlook that looks down on what Gaia calls the "grand canyon". Not quite as good as the real Grand Canyon, but spectacular as well.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Trail 1
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Trail 2
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Trail 3
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Trail 4
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Trail 5

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you pls share the model/number?

this is a great option for 2doors
I believe it was the V700, $169 on Amazon
Can you put both seats up and be able to close the tailgate with it back there?
yes, the box is the perfect fit, it is about an inch taller than the folded rear seats. Ther is a gap of a few inches between the seat mounts and the box, perfect for a roll of paper towels and I have a pet cover I can roll up and store there

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK 2DR 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

yes, the box is the perfect fit, it is about an inch taller than the folded rear seats. Ther is a gap of a few inches between the seat mounts and the box, perfect for a roll of paper towels and I have a pet cover I can roll up and store there
Great thank you.

Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, β€˜1928 model A, β€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Went to a big β€œcoffee and cars” meetup that had a Bronco section arranged…saw my first 2dr Heritage in person…very kool!

IMG_3161.jpeg

IMG_3159.jpeg

IMG_3158.jpeg

IMG_3163.jpeg

IMG_3156.jpeg

IMG_3157.jpeg

IMG_3154.jpeg

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably the most underwhelming of the day - added remote window roll up, removed auto start/stop, removed double honk, and added the option to select ambient light color with ForScan.

Now just need to finish the supporting mod for it to work.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Added the @hammerbuilt tailgate re-enforcement. I was really surprised at how much it stiffened up the tailgate, a VERY noticeable improvement. I was skeptical if it would really make a difference but it most certainly did.

Pretty straight forward install. Couple of observations:
1. I broke torque on all four tailgate mounting bolts prior to doing anything.
2. Used cardboard from the shipping box to shim up the tailgate.
3. Install the supplied hardware for the top two mounting bolts onto the plate then you just need to lift the re-enforcement plate up and thread in the top bolts, this way there's no messing around with trying to keep the spacers from falling out as they're already on the bolts. That was actually my wife's idea and quite brilliant I might add.
4. Thread in the top two bolts just enough so that you KNOW they are engaged into the plate inside the tailgate.
5. Remove the lower two tailgate bolts and install the supplied spacers and bolts.
6. Snug down the tailgate bolts a tad.
7. Instal the spare tire carrier and snug everything up evenly.
8. One beer job at the most, took us less than 30min.

One thing that threw me off a bit was once everything was bolted up I opened the tailgate and it seemed off a bit, it didn't operate smoothly at all.

It was do to not having the spare mounted, once I put it back on, everything was perfectly smooth again. The tailgate is aligned with weight on it, so don't be alarmed if things don't feel right before putting the spare back on.

I bought the accessory mounting bracket too but didn't instal it as I have nothing to mount to it. I got everything all at once so I have it in standby if or when needed.

And BTW, after a test drive it has eliminated our "water bottle" squeak, completely silent! I've been messing around with adding weatherstripping and silicone grease all for nothing.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_6331
They forgot to include the Delrin cones with mine, called them and they shipped them out with many apologies and invited me to tour their shop when I'm in the area. Great people to work with and believe me, after 50 years in the automotive mfg business I know stuff happens. When I get home nest Sunday I will install and I have the accessory bracket with the Rotopax brackets and Pax for water ready as well.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you!