First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How are you going to feel when you pull up next to a Raptor in your Heritage?
We were beside a Raptor the other day in our stock Badlands and I said to my wife, that dude paid twice for that monstrosity than what we paid for our Badlands!
Seriously what is this obsession with the MT? Go to the hammers this year or any year, I challenge you and find a race car, truck or whatever that has a manual. Nobody runs them. Hell go to a SNORE or SCORE race for that matter. If MT was equal to or superior in any way it would be in the race trucks. But I guess some folks are transmission Amish and think transmission technology stopped 40 years ago and no need for improvement. 🤷🏻‍♂️🍻
Hey Knuckles, you do realize it has nothing to do with technology, racing, what's better etc. I would bet my bottom dollar that 99/100 people on this forum knows that the automatic is better in just about every way possible performance wise. The manual is all about being engaged/connected to the vehicle.
Sponsored

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I spent half my driving life with automatic and had to teach myself stick

drove over 100k miles in stick alone, forgot how much auto, and on roadtrips and all 5 boroughs of NYC between my old Audi and Bronco

Ive had a ‘10 Boxster S with pdk, shit was fast and flawless, but once I learned stick, Id trade it for a ‘92 civic hatch without a second thought if I could.

I dont rock crawl, dont care to and even if I did, I rather have fun than let a computer do all the work. For the money, I could be another “rich” poser in a leased automatic bmw, but Im a purist who loves my vehicles and want to enjoy what I want how I want.

Manual is only dying because the middlemen at the dealers dont order sticks for the masses, why the only pickups with them are now Tacos and Daddiators instead of big boys like it used to be, and why used vehicle prices are still high as a kite. Not everyone id patient enough to wait, they need a new car yesterday, hence diminishing amount of stick orders.

So yeah, be impressed with numbers, I was at one point. Now idc, I just wanna enjoy myself and the ride
And fortunately, they still sell manuals. I've got a couple still and they aregreat but i have no desire to daily or crawl a manual, ever. Its a PITA. I had a manual F350 with a 7.3 and stick, the only person it impressed were dudes. It was a pain towing, daily driving etc. but when everything goes electric ill be the boomer still wanting INE... cheers

PPJJFF

Heritage
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and BMW 428I
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
2 door!

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly that jackassery I’m talking about. Tired of the hate within the Bronco world on this app. Who the F are you to decide that a Raptor shouldn’t be 4-doors….or Auto.
Before you say “don’t like it, then leave”. It’ll be done before you even read this. Done with this hateful place full of jackasses that think they’re shit doesn’t stink and who think “who cares if you offend them in the first place” mentality. I’m not even the OP and I have to say F you.
Jeff, don't let this shit get to you. Remember, this is all just opinion. When you hop on the 6G forum realize that some threads are just like you and your buddies at the bar or your shop or around the campfire, shooting the shit, drinking a beer, bragging and arguing over who's the better team, which car is faster, who's the best quarterback etc, dissing, flexing, scoring (or whatever it's called now) on each other the whole time. And yes, some people will go too far, lose their temper, get offended or whatever, but they will get over it. Don't let the random douche run you off. Stick around and have some fun.

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Raptor is one of the finest purpose-built SUVs available according to the vast majority of reviews thus far-and it rides extraordinary well on road too. The Heritage is limited, but it is essentially a cosmetic option. So it boils down to what you want it for as they are significantly different. If you rarely go off road and you enjoy the stick, maybe the Heritage. I went from a Badlands to a Raptor. The Raptor mpg is lower; the truck is very wide but even as a rookie off-roader, I have been to Moab 3 times and love the instrument panel, power and incredible ability of the Raptor. Cosmetically though, the Heritage is the ultimate retro Bronco although I would paint the grill silver like some of the EBs. I guess I am not helping you choose. My mantra is there are no bad Broncos so whatever you do will be win-win. Good luck!

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You paid MY22 price on the Raptor? I'd say stick with that one, if you had to replace it due to not liking the Heritage as much, it's gonna cost you another 20 grand to get back to what you already had. Just my $.02 of course.

BroncMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
choose hardware over an appearance package. far less regret

Montducati

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-350, 2020 BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well Cactus, I don't like the Raptor, way too many doors and those silly flares😜😱... Heritage all the way my man! 2 doors rule!
Like the flares or not the Raptor is a far superior vehicle in pretty much every category. If you’re only going by esthetics that’s a different topic and esthetics are subjective.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

choose hardware over an appearance package. far less regret
Both Heritage versions have 2.0 sasquatch so they're not completely incapable of pulling out of the driveway on their own. Yes, the Braptor is the current topdog in the line-up and you pay dearly for it that capability or bragging right depending on your personal use. Assuming that the OP gets the HE at least at sticker there's $40k difference between the two presently, you can buy allot of capability for $40k that they can personalize to what their actual use is going to be.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like the flares or not the Raptor is a far superior vehicle in pretty much every category. If you’re only going by esthetics that’s a different topic and esthetics are subjective.
Exactly how have you verified the Raptor is "far superior" to a regular Bronco, other than on paper? I can take you on some woods trails that your far superior Raptor couldn't go down!

BroncMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
Both Heritage versions have 2.0 sasquatch so they're not completely incapable of pulling out of the driveway on their own. Yes, the Braptor is the current topdog in the line-up and you pay dearly for it that capability or bragging right depending on your personal use. Assuming that the OP gets the HE at least at sticker there's $40k difference between the two presently, you can buy allot of capability for $40k that they can personalize to what their actual use is going to be.

Totally fair point, I have a base SAS 2.7 due to decent hardware at an insane low cost. Like less than half a Raptor. Is the 3.0 really that much better than the 2.7 for example?

Now big budget types who want tank-like capability without creating a cascading waterfall of suspension and driveline mods might wisely leave it to the designers and go Raptor. I don't trust myself to mess with the lower half and then letting my kids drive it. Mod money in appearance and functional bolt-ons still seems a better bet.

Personally, I love that the Raptor came along to make the Sasquatch look unassuming.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yo Jack, you want specs or a manual?
Manual is nice and all but I would rather have the specs over just the manual. Pushing in a clutch doesnt make up for all you would lose

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Manual is nice and all but I would rather have the specs over just the manual. Pushing in a clutch doesnt make up for all you would lose
There are mods to fix it, and where are you using the spec sheet?

plus
Ford Bronco What Should I Do? Raptor vs Heritage 414FE247-EB87-4114-BB3B-9F9A1A1B3C35
Sponsored