SLBronco11

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has anyone had issues going to places like a Firestone for a wheel alignment. I was hoping to get it done at a Firestone cause the have the option of buying a lifetime wheel alignment. They said they can’t do it because their machine doesn’t have the ability to recalibrate the lane assist. I have called 2 different locations and they have both said the same thing.
Sponsored

Mkass

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I won’t take my bicycle to Firestone, my experience they can’t fix sh__

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not a huge fan of Firestone, but my father-in-law used them and so I took one of my vehicles there and bought their lifetime alignment.

So when I first got my Bronco, and put all the armor on it, it lowered about 1 in and it was beginning to wear the tires funny.

So I went to Firestone, and sure enough it was out of alignment (mostly camber).. bought the lifetime alignment from them It has been driving straight since for the last 10,000 miles.

Now I only have the high package, so I don't know if the lux package has something that would affect alignment or not (like ACC).

... So long story short, I have had my Bronco aligned perfectly at Firestone.

OP
OP
SLBronco11

SLBronco11

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm not a huge fan of Firestone, but my father-in-law used them and so I took one of my vehicles there and bought their lifetime alignment.

So when I first got my Bronco, and put all the armor on it, it lowered about 1 in and it was beginning to wear the tires funny.

So I went to Firestone, and sure enough it was out of alignment (mostly camber).. bought the lifetime alignment from them It has been driving straight since for the last 10,000 miles.

Now I only have the high package, so I don't know if the lux package has something that would affect alignment or not (like ACC).

... So long story short, I have had my Bronco aligned perfectly at Firestone.
So you have the lane assist feature, correct? They are saying that can’t do it because their machine can’t recalibrate that.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just go to my dealer.

Anytime I’m doing an alignment I’m also usually doing some tire work. Luckily for me, my dealer has a diesel shop, and therefore they have a tire balancing machine capable of balancing 35s and 37s. And because they are a Ford dealership, they also have all of the necessary equipment to do needed recalibrations. Usually pay for a big chunk of it with FordPass points so it is also pretty cost-effective. Win/win.

But I understand the problem you’re encountering. Most of the nearby tire/alignment shops can’t balance larger tires, so they’re automatically ruled out. The few that can usually won’t touch beadlock wheels due to liability reasons, so they lose. I do have a nearby 4x4 shop that is really good—they will do the tire balancing and alignment, but they don’t have the calibration equipment. So it’s definitely a crap-shoot.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So you have the lane assist feature, correct? They are saying that can’t do it because their machine can’t recalibrate that.
I do.. now maybe my Firestone guy didn't know, when he sold it to me but the Bronco is not the first vehicle with Lane assist. So I'd be a bit surprised that they can't align most modern vehicles :)

And technically, I've had it aligned twice because the first time the steering wheel was a bit off, and I took it back two days later and they got it spot on.

I know you are not in California , but call my Firestone branch like you are and just ask them to see what they say.

Firestone complete Auto Care
8051 Washington Blvd, Roseville, CA 95678
+1 916-945-9488
Sponsored