Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
maybe, but I expect the bronco is more wrangler-like than PT cruiser-like
Somebody finally said it......the Bronco is a Jeep wannabe! ;)
Sponsored

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I specifically waited for the MY22 to try and avoid year one gremlins. It might not have been long enough. We shall see!

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried to get a 1 year production but was moved to 2nd year. It looks like it might be a 23 now. I have all the sins except 2 door.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now that I look back, I bought first year 4 times.
1990 4 runner (first year 4 door)
2011 Explorer (first year unibody)
2015 F-150 (first year aluminum body)
2021 Bronco, I wanted a 2021 but ended up with a fresh 2022.
The 4 runner I had to replace the rear window regulator and motor but I had good luck with the Fords.
Still have the F-150 and sold the Explorer to Carmax w/118,000 miles on it just last week for over $10,000!šŸ¤‘
I'm good buying first year.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been in this rodeo for some time. I put my order in for a new Bronco like everyone else did. Then I got to thinking, who buys the first year of anything? Are people really surprised there are problems with the new Bronco? If you expected perfection from the 1st year or manufacturer, you must be new to this game. I'm dying to hear your response on why you bought a first year rig. A limited addition is one thing, it's a collector vehicle. But if you want dependability, wait a few years for the inevitable bugs to be worked out. Everyone howled for FORD to get the Bronco out the door, ASAP. OK fine, and this is what you get, what did people expect? From what I hear and read, many of the problem were for out sourcing the manufacturer of components. Never fear, FORD will get it right eventually. If FORD was allowed to do proper R&D, many of the issues seen today would have been dealt with before the release.
Sounds like someone made you cancel your reservation and you regret listening to them.. Fomo is a real pita sometimes.

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I also remember buying a brand new Dodge Durango in May 1998. I drove that thing til I had over 115k miles on it. It only failed because I didnā€™t do proper maintenance. I was young and dumb and didnā€™t follow up on things like timely oil changes. The engine eventually became full of sludge. I could put a used engine in it at that point, and I should have, but I was dumb and traded it for an 06 Charger. I hated that car with every fiber of my being. I was so happy to dump it on a dealer and buy my 4Runner. It had transmission problems, front end problems, the dash stopped lighting up and wouldā€™ve cost hundreds to replace, it got broken into and vandalized more times than I count.

Iā€™m happy being in a first model year Bronco. Iā€™m excited about being in a first model year Bronco. And Iā€™ve been enjoying the piss out of it!

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man I wish my parents would have thought that until I could buy my own car.
Yep, me too. I bought my first car in 1981 at age 16 for $700 with money I made from working at the local hardware store for $$2.70 per hour

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ā€˜Cause I likes it, and I wants it

Sav426

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh is this a real question?

yes people buy first year produced things.

BIg B. Bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not me, I tried to buy a 1st year Bronco but Ford wouldnā€™t give me one. Now I continue to wait for a 2nd year a Bronco as I see the news of the ordering banks opening for the 3rd year Bronco. Yeah, youā€™re probably right. Ford will get things right eventually.

Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will be lucky at this rate if i get mine in year 3!

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, Ducati M620, BMW GSA 1200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought this thing knowing full well there would be quirks and bugs. To be honest, it's novelty and doesn't affect my enjoying out of the rig, at all.

I drove it 1k miles the first weekend I had it and just did another 1200 miles last weekend, going off-roading / highway cruising.

For anything else that will happen, warranty will cover the rest. My Badlands isn't my primary vehicle so it definitely takes the stress out of anything happening though!

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M Sport, Mercedes Benz E350, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been in this rodeo for some time. I put my order in for a new Bronco like everyone else did. Then I got to thinking, who buys the first year of anything? Are people really surprised there are problems with the new Bronco? If you expected perfection from the 1st year or manufacturer, you must be new to this game. I'm dying to hear your response on why you bought a first year rig. A limited addition is one thing, it's a collector vehicle. But if you want dependability, wait a few years for the inevitable bugs to be worked out. Everyone howled for FORD to get the Bronco out the door, ASAP. OK fine, and this is what you get, what did people expect? From what I hear and read, many of the problem were for out sourcing the manufacturer of components. Never fear, FORD will get it right eventually. If FORD was allowed to do proper R&D, many of the issues seen today would have been dealt with before the release.

It would be one thing if all the major components were new to the market but they are not. everything in the Bronco (outside of tops) is pulled from vehicles already on the market long before the Bronco was revealed. Every vehicle model will have issues regardless of the number of years on the market because parts are mass produced. Some bad ones will get through quality control, it happens. Ford kept Bronco hidden for years while testing. The UAW chairman leaked that Ford was bringing the Bronco back in 2016. That's five years of planning and research. I haven't had a single issue on my 21 Bronco Badlands Sas 2.7L with lux pkg and tow pkg. I'm pushing 13,000 miles since receiving it on August 7, 2021.
Sponsored