Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Dan, I’m back for more questions!

Current relevant mods from 23 WT stock: Dv8 rock rails, KC Ditch lights, Front Flaps.

I did some light off roading and felt like overall there was no problems traveling on snow and uphills with occasionally locking my rear differential. I occasionally if I was holding the torque converter with my right hand would accidentally press gear shift on the left and rev until I reset it due to all the bouncing around on potholes and all sorts of stuff at 15-25 mph.

Going to Moab soon and feel like I need an ARB and some deflaters and outside my recent RTic hard cooler feel okay about the stock stuff. If you were to add anything else to myride to ensure success on moderate trails what would be priority? Not really feeling a wench or grill change currently. I think we’d go overall pretty slow 5-25 mph outside of relatively flat desert roads and doing donuts in ideal areas.

I did review your skid stuff and thought it was really good idea to protect some of the important undercarriage items as it feels like some of it is hanging low even with 35s.

thought about a fire extinguisher but as a super casual would that be necessary?

CA259466-B91C-4FD5-8088-4E5B18D282D7.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
TexasDan

TexasDan

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Dan, I’m back for more questions!

Current relevant mods from 23 WT stock: Dv8 rock rails, KC Ditch lights, Front Flaps.

I did some light off roading and felt like overall there was no problems traveling on snow and uphills with occasionally locking my rear differential. I occasionally if I was holding the torque converter with my right hand would accidentally press gear shift on the left and rev until I reset it due to all the bouncing around on potholes and all sorts of stuff at 15-25 mph.

Going to Moab soon and feel like I need an ARB and some deflaters and outside my recent RTic hard cooler feel okay about the stock stuff. If you were to add anything else to myride to ensure success on moderate trails what would be priority? Not really feeling a wench or grill change currently. I think we’d go overall pretty slow 5-25 mph outside of relatively flat desert roads and doing donuts in ideal areas.

I did review your skid stuff and thought it was really good idea to protect some of the important undercarriage items as it feels like some of it is hanging low even with 35s.

thought about a fire extinguisher but as a super casual would that be necessary?

Ford Bronco Wildtrak HOSS 3.0 Build almost done, hahahahahaha! CA259466-B91C-4FD5-8088-4E5B18D282D7
Rig looks good, I haven't seen snow in years.
Fire extinguisher, no one needs one till you do, they're cheap, get one.
If you wheel a lot, get a good compressor and deflators, if not get a cheap compressor and deflate by hand. I wouldn't recommend donuts deflated, really hard to re-seat a tire sometimes. Your 4 door has a bigger tank than mine, probably don't need extra gas, but you should always have extra water. Have fun at Moab, I'll be by there in April, going up to do the Raptor thing near Salt Lake City.

Sponsored

ronnyek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2018 Mustang PP2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am so confused, i just talked (chatted) to RC and they still maintain it wont fit the hoss 3.0 on wildtrak. What kind of clearancing did you have to do? Was it modifying steel skidplates?

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

he only thing I had to do was clearance the skid plate to clear the differential, but I would think you would have to do that regardless of hoss or not. When I got
I am so confused, i just talked (chatted) to RC and they still maintain it wont fit the hoss 3.0 on wildtrak. What kind of clearancing did you have to do? Was it modifying steel skidplates?
I was under the impression that the RC lift (1 inch) will NOT fit the HOSS 3.0. What is the correct answer?

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was under the impression that the RC lift (1 inch) will NOT fit the HOSS 3.0. What is the correct answer?
No pretty sure a forum member HAS successfully installed it. I believe the feedback was that they ended up advising NOT to use the bottom bracket, just the top two spacers. I think they said they had installed the whole kit successfully BUT that they had to revise it by removing the lower because the were nose-high on the HOSS 3.0.

I will look and try to find the thread later.

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No pretty sure a forum member HAS successfully installed it. I believe the feedback was that they ended up advising NOT to use the bottom bracket, just the top two spacers. I think they said they had installed the whole kit successfully BUT that they had to revise it by removing the lower because the were nose-high on the HOSS 3.0.

I will look and try to find the thread later.
Yes. Please do. Thank you.
The only other option are the perch collars, but that will raise the front end 1.5 inches. I just need an inch lift in the front.

fairlane_68

Wildtrak
First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Getting my RC 2.5" lift today.
37" Nittos should be here end of this week.
:cool:
Ford Bronco Wildtrak HOSS 3.0 Build almost done, hahahahahaha! 1
Haha I have the extended version of that! Nice rig!

Sponsored

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes. Please do. Thank you.
The only other option are the perch collars, but that will raise the front end 1.5 inches. I just need an inch lift in the front.
Ya if you go RPG you can’t just purchase the 1.5 for up front if your trying to level it. I actually don’t get why they sell them that way. You need to go with the 2.25 up front and the 1.5 in the rears to get to level.

Foutz is the only group I know of that is working on a 1” level collar for upfront. Last I called they were still a few weeks out at least. Could be worth waiting for.

Here’s the link- try the search bar. It’s your best friend. Bronco6G is otherwise prolific.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...t-anyone-install-it.33159/page-3#post-1729979

Last edited:

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ya if you go RPG you can’t just purchase the 1.5 for up front if your trying to level it. I actually don’t get why they sell them that way. You need to go with the 2.25 up front and the 1.5 in the rears to get to level.

Foutz is the only group I know of that is working on a 1” level collar for upfront. Last I called they were still a few weeks out at least. Could be worth waiting for.

Here’s the link- try the search bar. It’s your best friend. Bronco6G is otherwise prolific.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...t-anyone-install-it.33159/page-3#post-1729979
Thanks

OP
OP
TexasDan

TexasDan

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is getting confusing, I installed the "Rough Country 2.5 inch lift kit sku:51071 ", only,
Ford Bronco Wildtrak HOSS 3.0 Build almost done, hahahahahaha! 1677686557136
Spacers on top of coilover assembly, upper control arms, diff. drop, track bar drop. No collars.

I looked for the email from Rough Country saying it would fit, but must have deleted it. The install went exactly as the instructions showed, nothing, other than the skidplate, had to be modified.

The steel skidplate was the only modifying that had to be done, I don't believe it had anything to do with being a HOSS 3.0. The diff. drop lowers the diff., the skidplate isn't lowered so it makes contact.

Last edited:

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak