Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Heard that. I’m hoping it’s not super dark; I agree though, it has not gotten the love and attention and that’s cool... A51 was top of my list with a ICONIC a close second.. but the grey may be a less purchased color than the A51 and I am liking that too.
Sponsored

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My buddy owns a major body shop (they do all the Ford, Subaru, Jeep, Lincoln, Lexus) dealers paint and body in our area. Spoke to him and showed my close up pics of the MIC top from when I was there live in Tennessee and he feels pretty sure it can be painted, might need some prep. I wanted white top and gonna have his shops paint it right after I get home.

Or. Not sure why Ford can’t ask the MIC top manufacturer to add extra black dye in the mix so it’s actually black/very dark grey. Seems like a no brainer and would be same cost as the current color.

Here’s a closeup pic.

169A8E9F-A780-44B4-9176-EF76E17D92DA.jpeg
Adding dye to darken the color and satisfy the customers ? ? Makes to much sense so it probably won't happen ...

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At this point I have just committed to spend the 7 or 800 bucks to go Line-X Premium. My local shop said that is how much they charge for a 2 door jeep. Lifetime warranty for peeling, cracking and fading.
6417DA9E-31C3-45E4-83ED-DB9F5A9CDF6A-1704-00000359D9F663C0-1.jpg
Not familiar with that treatment. Do they do white and if so, would that light of color get scuff marks in regular use? Thanks!

OP
OP
Carolina Jim

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Gotcha....VB is all over Ford car lots today. What I haven't seen is how it pairs with the MIC top. And frankly, I'm not sure what the MIC top even looks like because I've seen a dozen variations of it.

Still plenty of time till January....but I hope Ford steps up & presents some representative mannequins soon

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not familiar with that treatment. Do they do white and if so, would that light of color get scuff marks in regular use? Thanks!
They will do white, but I am not sure that I would go with it. The white would look good at first, but I'm afraid it would get stained or dingy over time. I don't have any experience with the pigmented versions, but I know it is possible.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My buddy owns a major body shop (they do all the Ford, Subaru, Jeep, Lincoln, Lexus) dealers paint and body in our area. Spoke to him and showed my close up pics of the MIC top from when I was there live in Tennessee and he feels pretty sure it can be painted, might need some prep. I wanted white top and gonna have his shops paint it right after I get home.

Or. Not sure why Ford can’t ask the MIC top manufacturer to add extra black dye in the mix so it’s actually black/very dark grey. Seems like a no brainer and would be same cost as the current color.

Here’s a closeup pic.

169A8E9F-A780-44B4-9176-EF76E17D92DA.jpeg
Are we sure that the "grey" everybody is seeing isn't just glare?

The dark parts of your pic look darn near black to me. Light black maybe.
Sponsored