Sponsored

Utah Bronco Owners Unite!

Unite to Meetup, plan excursions, exchange ideas, stories, and help eliminate the Dealer Markups in the State.
ChrisD
Hey, so I just did the finance paperwork with Ken Garff West Valley and paid MSRP, plus they gave me a good trade, based on my research, on my 2019 Ram. I'll sign the trade paper when I show up at the dealer, pick up my temp tags, and exchange keys.

My Bronco is currently on a train in Ohio, which means it's still on CSX and will have to transition to Union Pacific, probably in Chicago, before it starts making its journey across the Great Plains.

I'm getting all emotional. 🙃
Show full message
TheKim
TheKim
That's freaking awesome! Happy for you!
Lucchese
Lucchese
Great News - way to go -
btw we're with KGWV also - glad to hear MSRP - no ADM -
Reactions: ChrisD and TheKim
ChrisD
ChrisD
@Lucchese Bret is the sales manager there and he's been really great the whole way. He and the team there have really gone the extra mile to make this painless and pretty much as easy as possible.
Lucchese
Lucchese
@ChrisD
Yes Bret is my contact also - I try not to bug him too much - seems every couple months or so -
11Bronco1776
11Bronco1776
Awesome Man congrats. Better Ken Garff than LHM
Goosesoup
woo hoo!
zigtig
zigtig
What was your build date? Decent rate for financing through Ford?
ChrisD
ChrisD
@zigtig I think they financed through US Bank. I went for ease and I'm not financing much, so the APR isn't the best, but it's about what I've had historically.
AIGAD
AIGAD
Congrats! Hope I see you around!
Good to know they came through at MSRP. I have a reservation there as well and will be trading my Grand Cherokee.
powellguy35
powellguy35
congrats! now, the proverbial question for we early Bronco adopters -- are you a FE owner and what was your reservation date?
View previous replies…
ChrisD
ChrisD
@Lucchese To begin with, I felt like the MOD top was the real solution and the MIC top was a stopgap to "have something available" until the MOD top can come to fruition. I had also heard a rumor of a future redesign that would make accessories incompatible. Some of that may or may not come to pass, but it put enough doubt in my mind that the MIC top would be a permanent solution that I made the decision to wait until Ford actually decides what they want to do. With all the MIC top disasters so far, it kind of reinforces my opinion. I think Ford will eventually settle on the MOD top and quietly discontinue the MIC top at a future date. The fact they pulled the MOD top contract from Webasto and awarded it to someone else further reinforces my belief.

I think QC is also taking longer at the factory based on results from my build week. It looks like Ford is looking at the tops really hard because they know it's going to be a financial issue for them going forward if they have a large number of tops that have to be replaced in the field due to manufacturing defects.

Also, when I took the ride along in Moab, the top on the 2 door I was in was banging around. That didn't lead me to a lot of confidence in it. I really see Ford quietly discontinuing the MIC top sometime in the 2022 MY and replacing it with the MOD top once they are available and pass QC fairly consistently.
ChrisD
ChrisD
@Goosesoup I got stink eye at the dealership from a guy who was an earlier reservation. He had squatch, too. I suspect they're prioritizing squatch to FE and WT orders. In my case, I just wasn't sure if I wanted it from the start, so decided to wait for the aftermarket. I think that factored into my early build... But who knows, it could have just been a random number generator that got me here!
Goosesoup
@ChrisD I did same thing, just went soft top from the beginning once I started to hear issues. I went mid too but got tow and sas
Goosesoup
@ChrisD Any word yet on your shipment? Should be anytime now right?
ChrisD
ChrisD
Funny you should ask - I got a call from Ken Garff West Valley Ford this afternoon and there's a bronco in my garage tonight - just logged on to post :)

Edited because I'm clearly bad at time.
View previous replies…
ChrisD
ChrisD
@TheKim Haha, I live in Draper and my dealership is in West Valley, so, avoid Riverton, South Jordan, West Jordan, any Jordan at all, probably Sandy, Draper, Lehi. Haha! :)
TheKim
TheKim
@ChrisD Well, hell. I work in Draper, on the same road as LHM. Luckily I don't have to go into the office more than a few times a month. I'll mostly just stick to my corner of Eagle Mountain, and wait quietly until I get a build date. Once I have a VIN, I probably won't mind as much seeing others on the road.
  • Haha
Reactions: ChrisD
ChrisD
ChrisD
@TheKim Haha, that's it! I hear the Ace Hardware in Eagle Mountain has good stuff. From a reliable friend who lives there.

But seriously, I had that conversation with my dealer yesterday. We wish everyone would get their broncos now, not later. I have no idea how I won the bronco lottery and I'm expecting some early release issues (already have a couple but I'll get them fixed). Overall, I'm super happy.

Really, the things I've noticed are things I can fix myself, but there's this whole warranty thing and well, FoMoCo needs to know when things aren't right so they can make all the future builds better.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views