Sponsored

SoCal Broncos

Starting the conversation for past, present and future SoCal Bronco owners. Lets go!
McNasty
Im in the Navy currently stationed in Virginia but we are headed back to our house near Lake Elsinore. I made a reservation for a 4 door Black Diamond this morning! Had a jeep loved the wheeling group cant wait to see what we can get into with these beast!!
Show full message
RACERED-WT
RACERED-WT
I'm stationed in SD. Did you rent your home while you were in VA? I bought a condo and am thinking I should rent then buy a home later on. Problem is homes will be more and more expensive.. I would mind living in LE or somewhere north of SD. Welcome back and I cant wait to get into the bronco as well!
McNasty
McNasty
@RACERED-WT yeah we have rented it out for 3 years. Any good sites to find trails for that area?
RACERED-WT
RACERED-WT
@McNasty This is going to be my first offroad vehicle.. But in the Chula Vista area, there is Otay lakes road and if you follow that road to Pio Pico RV Resort & Campground/ 14615 Otay Lakes Rd, Jamul, CA 91935 There is a truck trail right there. On the map it shows as Minnewanna Truck Trail. I haven't gone on it, but this was one a coworker mentioned
Reactions: BradCA
BradCA
BradCA
This will be my first off-road vehicle as well. Good to hear that there are trails near Jamul!
RACERED-WT
RACERED-WT
If you guys research any more trails, be sure to share them here. If all goes as planned, we SoCal guys should do a trail together, with our Bronco's of course.
McNasty
McNasty
I had a jeep while stationed in Washington state and had a blast wheeling with a club. We either hit some trails for the day or camp for a night and keep wheeling for another day. I suggest that yall start thinking about hitting yard sales and market places looking for CB radios to put in your rig. These are needed when out on the trails with no cell coverage.
RACERED-WT
RACERED-WT
Great suggestion! I didn't even consider CB radios. Def gonna heed your advice. Cool thing to, I hear the trail maps that is if there is one, will be able to be downloaded ahead of time. Question, when camping overnight. Did you guys bring tents or do guys just lay the rear seats down and and sleep in truck? I'm thinking we should have a gas can strapped on as well for extra fuel. I'm a noob to this offroad stuff ?
McNasty
McNasty
Some brought tents some slept in the rig. Ill be bringing taking a tent. Im going to start looking at a gas can and hi lift mount for the spare tire.
RACERED-WT
RACERED-WT
@McNasty I had to look up Hi lift mount. From what I can tell is this used as like a base support for putting a tent on top of the vehicle?
McNasty
McNasty
@RACERED-WT No the hi-lift jack for lifted vehicles.Makes it much easier to change tires while out on the trails. Im also looking at having an air compressor hooked up to inflate tires at the end of the ride.
RACERED-WT
RACERED-WT
@McNasty Ahh makes total sense to have a hi-lift jack now!
Mpixel
Mpixel
Welcome @McNasty and thank you for your service! I cannot wait as well to take these Broncos out!
PatrioticArms
PatrioticArms
Sorry that u r heading back to LE but at least ur getting a bronco hahaha jk

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views