Sponsored

Georgia Bronco

A club dedicated to Bronco owners in Georgia.
MadMan4BamaNATL
Bronco Meet Ups and Comms.

What do you guys think about some wheeling trips around this time next year? Nothing too serious, just light trails and maybe camping for any who may be interested.

I will outfit my rig with a HAM radio, but will likely do a cheap CB also. What about you guys? Wheeling with no comms sucks and feels boring. with HAM radios, we can have as much fun as we want and be able to keep up with the group and help out anyone if needed.

Any thoughts or ideas would be great to hear.
Show full message
Mantis
Mantis
Love the idea. This is my first off-roader so I’m keen to get out there and learn with some experienced drivers once it’s broken in.
MadMan4BamaNATL
MadMan4BamaNATL
@Mantis I've been wheeling a decent amount in my old Disco, but with Bronco, won't be taking on anything that will be intimidating for the first few years. You'll be fine as long as you wheel with others. When rock crawling or shelf roads you want a spotter, but as long as we keep it light, nothing to worry too much about. None of us will want to bang up our new rigs.

I certainly will not peer pressure anyone to do anything or go anywhere they aren't comfortable. My goal is fun, good times with good people, and beer!
GreatDaneMom
GreatDaneMom
I'd be interested in some light trail rides, especially anything that includes dog friendly hikes, restaurants, etc.
tomknight
tomknight
Generally speaking, CB radios are required equipment for group rides to allow everyone to communicate.

Also, a Garmin InReach device is a really good idea to have too, since cell service can be non-existent in many places in the wilderness.

There are so many places in the National Forest to go that it'd be a crime not to. There are also plenty of choices in terms of terrain, surface, and even water crossings. Trails can be almost road quality to sorta rough, depending upon what you're looking for. Lots of really cool stuff to see though.

We are blessed to have this great resource right next to us - gotta take advantage of it.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views