Sponsored

Michigan Bronco Club

Members from the Mitten and the U.P.
MrMcgillicuddy
Posted this in the raptor thread but thought my fellow Michigan people would wanna see it. The pics are bad but this guy passed me today
1233456.jpg
1234.jpg
Show full message
etmccaus86
etmccaus86
...well, I dig the color, at the very least...
Mattwings
Mattwings
Ugly as only a mother could love, but man are the specs awesome. Thanks for sharing!
fundelay
fundelay
Fender flare/Mud flap design/execution fail. Amazingly awful. Engineers designing?
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
I can't believe someone designed and made those fender flares and looked at them, and said, "yup, those are the ones!"...
Either widen the sheet metal more, or reduce the track width, it doesn't need to be that wide!
JakeC
JakeC
I-96 / Southfield? LOL
Mattwings
Mattwings
I donā€™t always like TFL truck, but the latest video, with the Ford Performance guy, answered some of the questions around the design (no one mentioned how horrible the flares looked šŸ˜³). They tried to make sure accessories worked as much as possible across models and they obviously had to make it as simple as possible to run down the line at MAP. It was really interesting when the mentioned the dual position shock mounts, they need it to lower it during production, so it cleared the line in a low clearance spot, but they didnā€™t want to loose the travel. My burning questionā€¦..will they come out with a Raptor R with the 3.0 Nano Hybrid? Seems completely reasonable to have a Bronco with 490 HP and 555lb ft of torque!
etmccaus86
etmccaus86
@Mattwings it's amazing how small details like that on the assembly line need to be accounted for - and it's amazing how people think it's easy enough to just crank out cars. I saw someone comment on a Raptor video or post saying if they could paint F450 DRW fenders, they could paint these...because, of course, all paint booths and assembly lines are created equal... </s>
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
@etmccaus86 I agree about the paint booth, but they wouldn't paint these on the vehicle anyway, just like they don't paint the other Bronco flares while on the vehicle. Otherwise the lip under wouldn't be painted. Paint them separately and bolt them on...but I don't think it makes them look much better.
BroncoAW
BroncoAW
Lol just just saw one pull into the Home Depot in Canton
DDFDA13E-36E1-42BB-8442-B918018A740F.jpeg
6173C6E7-4B36-43B9-B7C1-529637CFA02A.jpeg
JakeC
JakeC
2x4 with red-flag sticking out the backend, or it didnā€™t happenā€¦. LOL
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
You guys are seeing more Bronco Raptors than I do Broncos...
BCA
BCA
I like how the side step attaches to the rock rail, wouldnā€™t mind adding those to by Badlands

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views