Sponsored

The PNW Bronco Group

Group for Bronco owners (past, present & future) in the Pacific Northwest
BroncoPVC
20211218_120717.jpg

Is anyone interested in hitting some trails this weekend? Maybe something like a few of us did last month in Greenwater. I have some recovery gear but it would be much more fun and yes safer with all of you guys. We can pick a spot, stop for lunch, possible have a fire, but most of all put these Broncos to work. I'm open Saturday or Sunday. If you cant or don't want to hit the trails, I'm also down for a Broncos and coffee meet up.
20220109_170728.jpg
Show full message
nd2002
nd2002
Will need to check about plans, but definitely interested on a Saturday. Have recovery gear except a winch, also.
labattbluebronco
labattbluebronco
If I had my new bronco I'd love to join you. Tonga Ridge can be a good snow run if you're looking for a destination.
redflipppper`
redflipppper`
Looks like fun looking forward to meeting for some time on the trail here in the rear future. Still waiting on the Bronco to arrive, it keeps getting pushed out, Greenwater is a rock skip and jump away from me and spend lots of time in the area with all sorts of outdoor activities. My build date now 14 Feb, but I think the chip constraint will make it longer.
BroncoPVC
BroncoPVC
@redflipppper` that's sucks man. Hopefully it doesn't get pushed back any further. Good luck!
ezapar
ezapar
I'm not sure what's snowed in or not, but I'm up for a meet up. Either day, lemme know.
Tippster
Tippster
I am down in Arizona doing some desert fun runs - so cannot make it this weekend - but keep these posts coming - I am always up for a trip into the trails. Heading back thru Utah and Montana to see some of their winter trails on my way back later this week.
  • Wow
Reactions: ezapar
BroncoPVC
BroncoPVC
@Tippster I saw some of your photos. It looks like you're having a great time. When you get a chance post some more. I'd love to take that trip some day.
robepa
robepa
I would be up for something Sunday, I have plans Saturday PM.
BroncoPVC
BroncoPVC
@robepa I'm free Sunday. No one wants to watch the pro bowl anyway!
robepa
robepa
@BroncoPVC Super bowl is the following weekend anyhow. Lets do it, I can take a look and see what the snow looks like.
nd2002
nd2002
@BroncoPVC I just record and skip through commercials watching it later.

Just gotta try to stay off the internet’s to avoid spoilers.

But no one cares too much about the Pro Bowl :)
AzGoat
AzGoat
I'd go if I had my Bronco - hopefully soon... Y'all have fun and post pics.
SuzH
SuzH
I'm way up NW. If you pick something in the middle, I'm game as well! I'd love to be part of the herd!
ezapar
ezapar
I'm in Federal Way.
nd2002
nd2002
Need to change my vote to Sunday.

Have a service appointment for my other car on Sat.
BroncoPVC
BroncoPVC
ezapar
ezapar
BuckYeah
BuckYeah
Can I drive? ;)
robepa
robepa
I have 2 other buddies with their trucks coming, an 80 series land cruiser and a Jeep XJ coming. I have a winch and so does the XJ. The only think I know of central is Tinkham road but I have not wheeled it before. Gaia show 20-40" there. I think we need to look at the avalanche conditions as we get closer, currently the west slopes of the cascades are "Considerable". https://nwac.us/avalanche-forecast/#/snoqualmie-pass
mmmeff
mmmeff
I think I can make it! Hope y'all set some specifics soon. For location, what about Mt. Baker National Forest?
robepa
robepa
Here are the snow wheeling options I know of, I would say one of the options out of the Greenwater area is my vote but I'm open if others have opinions.

Mt Baker/ Hyw 2
- Tonga Ridge: Classic snow wheeling spot, can be busy

Snoqualmie Pass:
- Tinkham road/Hansen Creek: Close in but blocked by snow piles for the plows.
- Roaring ridge lookout: Access has been blocked by snow piles in the past years

Greenwater
- Suntop Lookout: I'm not sure of this is open but there are reviews in the snow
- Lonesome Lake: Great snow wheeling from very little snow to super deep. Was crazy busy last time we went out
- NF-7030 to Stampede Pass: would only do an out and back, too fare to get to the pass and blocked on that side by huge snow pikles
- Area around Naches Pass
- General forest roads out of Greenwater.

South of Rainer
- Copper Creek: South side of Rainier but good deep snow wheeling
- Forest Road 85
Reactions: BroncoPVC and SuzH
View previous replies…
ezapar
ezapar
@SuzH North Fork Road is usually a great go to, but it flooded out after all that snow melted New Yearsish.
Reactions: SuzH
BroncoPVC
BroncoPVC
@robepa thanks for the input. Tonga Road seems cool. Roaring Ridge has been on my list of places to check out. I would personally prefer to stay north of Rainer for time sake but Greenwater would be okay.
I will roll with the group. Seems like most people going are south Seattle.
ezapar
ezapar
Sreevie
I’m down for a trip this weekend. I missed out on the last one and been waiting for another trip to pop up. Post a time and place whenever a decision is made. Im still pretty new to Washington and only ever been to capitol forest and lonesome lake before there was a lot of snow.
ezapar
ezapar
Crickets. . . Greenwater? Road 70 just past the fire station has some great views if we get there early enough.
Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 10.14.18 AM.png
IMG_6040.jpeg
ezapar
ezapar
I'm also all for trying Tinkham. :)
  • Love
SuzH
SuzH
Greenwater is just too far for me. Tinkham is 2+ hours, one way.
robepa
robepa
Sound like there could be 2 groups maybe, a Greenwater group and a Tonga ridge group?
  • Sad
robepa
robepa
@SuzH Sorry, I don't want to kill the community vibes! Is there someone what could scout Tinkham before? If there is a giant snow pile that is rock hard winching 1 rig over it can be dicey, much less 6-8 rigs, half of them or more being new shiny Broncos. Snoqualmie has always been difficult because every place I have tried has giant hard snow piles blocking them. I also want to make sure the place is good for all levels of experience.
SuzH
SuzH
@robepa No worries. I get it. And I wouldn't want to drive 2 hrs. just to have to turn around. I will ask my gal again about Tinkham.
mmmeff
mmmeff
Definitely in for Tonga Ridge on Sunday!
Reactions: BroncoPVC and SuzH
BroncoPVC
BroncoPVC
@mmmeff Tonga Ridge is one of those places I can't wait to try out. Tinkham I did a couple months back. I'm sure it would be fun with a big group but there's wasn't anything challenging about it at all. There are a ton of Forest Roads over there though.
ezapar
ezapar
@BroncoPVC Tinkham is boring when dry. But can be challenging (and really scenic) if it's covered in snow. :) You make the call on where we're showing up, I'll be there.
SuzH
SuzH
Tinkham is impassable. She recommended North Fork or Middle Fork. Both are easy to navigate and gorgeous!
Sreevie
So who’s gunna be the one to make the call on the time and place 😂😂😂
SuzH
SuzH
Anyone have a winch yet? I have some recovery gear, no winch. We def need to have someone with a winch.
robepa
robepa
My crew is to heading to Greenwater and NF-7030 towards Stamped Pass. Of course that is far too long to get to the pass so its just and out and back. Anyone is welcome to join us.
BroncoPVC
BroncoPVC
My crew which at this moment consist of only me, is headed to North Bend area. There's plenty of Forest Roads and a few trails like Tinkham, North Fork, Middle Fork to pick from. I'm planing on being in North Bend at 9am. If you're interested message me so we can set up a time and meeting location.

The next time I attempt to organize something I/we will be much better prepared. Sorry for all the confusion.

@robepa @ezapar thank you both for all your help. @robepa be safe tomorrow and we'll get together soon. @ezapar I hope to see you tomorrow.
BroncoPVC
BroncoPVC
I'm going to meet folks at the Starbucks in the Safeway parking lot in North Bend at 9:30. I've been told some of the roads might be closed but I'm willing check it out. If nothing else, there's always coffee.

If the roads are open I'll be out there until about 4pm.

Call me when you get nearby and I'll let you know where I'm at.

248-250-4743
-paul
BroncoPVC
BroncoPVC
North Bend Safeway at 10am. New time to allow more time for further away folks.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views