Sponsored

SoCal Broncos

Starting the conversation for past, present and future SoCal Bronco owners. Lets go!
Mpixel
Its been a while, how is everyone doing? Have you guys seen the Warthog posts, what are your thoughts on that? Are you waiting for it or going for the first gen Bronco...or both?
Show full message
Reactions: acetdeucy
BuckinT29
BuckinT29
The FE interior is a hot one
Right now. Levine just confirmed only Navy pier. Would love a warthog if they can launch 2021
acetdeucy
acetdeucy
I'm ready for a Warthog, NOW! If I'm waiting a couple years to get it... I'll just start with a Wildtrak.
Reactions: Mpixel
Hulkbuster19
Hulkbuster19
I am getting now.....By the time "warthog"comes out....I will have everything I need on mine...and will have a whole lot more "seat time" experience......I am a "Crawler"...not a "Runner".....But still will LOVE to see what it will do !!!
mC.242
mC.242
I'm not waiting a minute longer than I have to. It does look pretty bad-ass though. I suspect the Warthog will be close to $70k, so way over budget for me. I can do a lot to my Big Bend with $30k though to get it close to a Warthog if I wanted to - and have it a year sooner.
bigdaddytommy
Now that I can get the Sasquatch package with the manual? I’m good- that’s all I wanted (although I would have lived without it)!
BadlandsJP
BadlandsJP
The warthog will be out of my range. I will keep my current reservation and depending on Build your price tool ill either keep my Badlands stock or lower the rim and add on to that. Have any of you considered getting a group together to get the grainier pricing and shipping broncos to Cali? Cali sales tax vs Iowa sales tax plus grainier ford discount?
Reactions: acetdeucy
mC.242
mC.242
@BadlandsJP I'm getting mine from Kearny Mesa Ford, they are treating us well and I also will be using X-Plan so not that concerned about the price. Iowa state tax is 6%, CA is 7.25% (Plus local taxes) so probably not enough to justify the difference once you factor in shipping and/or travel costs to Iowa. I know Grainger said that for the Colorado group they will be waiting to have at least six or so to deliver before they can plan a shipment too - so if yours comes in early you might have to wait a while to get it. You will also have to re-register it in CA, which will take time and $$$. Have you talked to Eric at KMF? See what he can offer you.
BadlandsJP
BadlandsJP
I left Erick a message and look forward to talking to him. How did you get you X plan pricing? I was told ther are three different ways. Employee or family of employee. Purchasing $600 in stock and you get a PIN after 6 months. Sighn up for mustang group america and pay $25 membership fee and you get x plan PIN. Are all these true? Is the 1400 discount before X plan [email protected]
mC.242
mC.242
@BadlandsJP I work for a Ford partner company, in a completely unrelated industry no less (healthcare diagnostics). I was actually surprised how many there are (there are hundreds...make sure to check the list and see). The X-Plan discount is from MSRP I believe, and I don't think you can stack discounts with the bronco - the demand is too high. X-Plan also significantly reduces your doc fees/etc. There is a good calculator that someone posted a while back, I don't have the link but if you search the forums you should find it. Eric can explain your options - he's pretty responsive to questions.
acetdeucy
acetdeucy
Yes. It's really 100 shares of Ford stock "F," which is about $6.85/share, the last time I looked at it!
acetdeucy
acetdeucy
Using somewhat quick memory, the value of the X Plan is somewhat based on the base pricing of the vehicle, but not exactly! If you buy a Base, it's value is only about $400... but if you buy a Badlands, it's about $1400 and a Wildtrak is about $1900. Then take a further discount of 0.04% of MSRP and then add a $275 processing fee. This means that a Base has a total value of <$500, a Badlands is about $1500, and a Wildtrak is about $2000. If you buy options, the X Plan also gives back +/-10% on those purchases. So, in many cases, X Plan covers Fords Delivery Fee ($1495) and still put a couple bucks in your pocket.

BTW, the cost to accept X Plan isn't entirely borne by Ford! The Dealer that agrees to accept the X Plan also pays a portion of the discount... but I don't know what the exact split of cost is to either of them. You can get a pretty good insight to how it splits, when you recognize that Granger offers everyone $1000 under invoice, but if you have a qualified X Plan, you get $1300 off (only a $300 difference if you also have a X Plan, because he can only offer the extra, based on the Ford portion of the payment).
Dr. Wizardmoose
Dr. Wizardmoose
I will be happy just to be able to park a Bronco in my driveway. Has anyone contacted Upland Ford or McCoy mills ford in Fullerton about the Bronco?
RACERED-WT
RACERED-WT
@mC.242 @acetdeucy Hey guys, I also have my reservation with Eric at KMF. Could networking with one you as a Ford friend get me qualified for the X-Plan or would you recommend I buy the Ford stock? Wild track for me, im located in Chula Vista =)
acetdeucy
acetdeucy
Not for an X Plan. Ford dealers and salesmen/saleswomen are no eligible for the X Plan.
BuckinT29
BuckinT29
Just talked to Galpin and received Verbal on Xplan, they are sending me an email so I have it in writing.
Reactions: Mpixel
Mpixel
Mpixel
Johnsb1
Johnsb1
@Bucki@BuckinT29 I spoke with Galpin today and was told they are still debating If they will accept the Xplan
BuckinT29
BuckinT29
Have it in writing too

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views