Sponsored

Michigan Bronco Club

Members from the Mitten and the U.P.
Mattwings
OK, I have heard from a couple of members about another trail ride, this time let's do a ride a bit more 'remote"!

Here is what I am suggesting (will be posting in Bronco Nation, the new MI Broncos Club website https://michiganbroncos.club/ and the Facebook group).

Saturday March 26th
St. Helens Route/Motor Sports Area
https://www2.dnr.state.mi.us/public...Maps-Trail/st_helen_trail_and_route_north.pdf

Meet Noon @ St Helen Rd S, St Helen, MI 48656 (St. Helen Trail paring area, just South of I75)

Explore the St. Helens Motorsport area and ORV Routes in "spring" conditions. There are multiple ORV Route options, with routes north-south and from the west (eastern route is closed as of right now).

I have only been here on my quad or dirt bike, so it will all be new to me. Anyone with experience at St Helens want to lead the ride ;) ?

We can add details as we get an idea of how many are interested. As a side note, this is the last weekend your 21 ORV stickers are legal, get another ride out of your stickers!

Good description-

https://www.vvmapping.com/trails/stHelenTrail.html

From VVMapping- ORV Trail. Sandy and flat to rolling terrain. Mostly whooped. Multiple loop options. Connects to Ogemaw Hills ORV trail; Geels ORV trail and Denton ORV Trail (via ORV Route). Connects to large ORV Use Area "St Helens Motorsports Area" which allows cross country travel by ORVs of all sizes. See also St Helen Route. Modern staging area. Direct access to Richfield Township Park in St Helen; fuel ORV Route connector to south end of St Helen signed in early 2010. Located in Roscommon and bound by Ogemaw counties which allow ORVs to use county roads.

Show full message
Cyburr
Cyburr
Very interested! I'm not very familiar with the area either so I would not be a good candidate for a leader.
Mattwings
Mattwings
We can just do like normal and wander. Once you get to the motorsports area it's pretty open and a free-for-all. It could be fun for people coming form south or west to do one of the routes that leads up to the staging area too.
dooberj
dooberj
This sounds like fun. I, however am in "un-scheduled purgatory" and don't have my bronco. Is this trail a 2019 stock F-150 Sport is capable of traversing?
Reactions: Mattwings
Mattwings
Mattwings
@dooberj You will be good to go. Generally the toughest parts are optional. It's usually deep mud/water pits that I personally pass on, but people will be happy to pull vehicles out if they get stuck! My son may bring his Ranger FX4, it traverses these type of routes regularly, without problem.
jwoobs
jwoobs
I would definitely be interested as well. I did the Kalkaska route, which is basically the next trail to the north. There was a Colorado ZR2 and a 4dr Wrangler with me and they had no issues with any part of the trail. There were a couple sections that were pretty narrow, but anything marked "Route" is at least 72" wide. (See my trip report here)

@dooberj it is mostly sandy up there, so I would recommend so good tires, but so far I haven't seen any true "crawling" that a 4x4 F150 wouldn't handle.
yeet
yeet
This will be a good one! Unfortunately going to be out of town that weekend, but just added to the FB group. Hope it's a blast
Mattwings
Mattwings
Sorry you can't go, maybe Silver Lake next? My wife is in the Bronco Facebook group, so I can get info if I ask her to look at it too :)
2Tonic
2Tonic
Possible, but it will be a last minute decision -
Due51
Due51
I'm interested. I've fished Lake St. Helen a couple times this winter so I'm familiar with the trek up there lol.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views