Sponsored

Utah Bronco Owners Unite!

Unite to Meetup, plan excursions, exchange ideas, stories, and help eliminate the Dealer Markups in the State.
UtahBrandon
I'm kind of jones'n to get my 4dr Badlands dirty. I'm in Draper and wondering if there's some relatively easy to moderate dirt to be found West of Utah Lake right now? I also just installed a new Midland MX275 and have yet to see if it actually works to transmit and receive.

Anyone up to get dirty this weekend? Bonus points if you know the area. I have a kid's soccer game at noon on Saturday which kind of messes up the day, but would be game to hit it on Sunday if anyone wants to go.
Show full message
SLCBronco
Wish I could this weekend, but I have too much going on. Maybe I can catch the next one. Iā€™m in Riverton.
  • Sad
Reactions: TheKim
TheKim
TheKim
5 Mile pass is just out west of Eagle mountain, like twenty minutes west of the city. Some easy and moderate trails that I'm somewhat familiar with at this point. I've lead a couple groups through there now. I can look at my schedule and get back to yall if we can get a decent group going
TheKim
TheKim
I can lead a group out to 5 Mile Pass this Sunday afternoon. Let's meet at the Maverick in Eagle mountain Ranches at 2pm. Anyone else down?

GMRS to channel 10 for high power sound good?
TheKim
69BroncoX302
69BroncoX302
I'll check with the misses, Sunday is her day. Wouldn't mind taking Ellie out again. If I can get the dang wheels on the rims I'll have my bead-lockers for this trip. Also, got my cord for my GRMS, a handheld, and my FCC license for it LOL
69BroncoX302
69BroncoX302
Also, I still need to get the pics from the wife from last time.
UtahBrandon
UtahBrandon
Iā€™m in. Earlier would be better but I can make anything work.

Iā€™m new to this but isnā€™t GMRS channel 10 only .5 watts? Wouldnā€™t 15+ be better, or is that an issue with some radios?
TheKim
TheKim
@UtahBrandon I'd normally do a 9am trip, but it's gonna be cold, and I'm hoping to flip the top back a bit with some sun in the afternoon. Let's see if others require an earlier trip, and go from there?

Also, yeah I haven't even really looked into how the channels work. I can flip to whatever, but we likely won't need serious range twenty feet away from each other šŸ˜Ž
TheKim
TheKim
UtahBrandon
UtahBrandon
I agree that 9 is entirely too frigid. Maybe noon?
RickEcon
RickEcon
I tried to do the Israel Canyon Trail (https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/utah/israel-canyon-trail) on the West side of Utah Lake back on Feb.15, but that road was sketchy. Very steep and snowy. Lots of risk of sliding off into the ravine. I am going to wait for the snow to melt to go back up there. But I did find a little system of dirt roads and obstacles on the border of Provo and Springville against the mountain that was extremely fun. Like a little off-road park. Here is the Google Maps pin of the entrance to the area and the trail to the main area of obstacles, hills, and water (https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1-QYZjGG45p83F88EZj7i86HxdNfaVNsO&usp=sharing). I've gone there twice in my Sasquatch Badlands in the last two days. Lots of great places to test out the capability of the car.
azuano3654
azuano3654
I'll keep any eye out and see if I can make it, but I don't have GMRS but maybe someone has an extra.
TheKim
TheKim
Thanks everyone for coming!!
Had a great time.

I don't think this truck had as much fun.

PXL_20220313_213822316~2.jpg

PXL_20220313_225255091.jpg

PXL_20220313_225244772.MP.jpg
Eric L
Eric L
Has anyone been to Little Moab? that sounds like a fun place to go...
Reactions: ChrisD
View previous repliesā€¦
Eric L
Eric L
@TheKim it's supposed to be 72 on Saturday....
TheKim
TheKim
@Eric L I just went out last weekend, haha!
I'll have to check with the family, and see if we've got plans. I'll probably try to leave the kids home this time.
Reactions: Eric L
TheKim
TheKim
@TheKim I'd have better odds going on the 3rd of April, next Saturday. You should create a new thread inviting everyone šŸ˜Ž

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views