Sponsored

Bay Area Broncos

Here we go with the new G.O.A.Tā€™s of the bay!!
Did we ever get an estimate for a 6 car shipment from Granger? I'm definitely going to be signing up for a second reservation come Oct 1 with the new Granger deal and then making a call on cancelling either my initial res or 2nd res closer to the 10/31 deadline. $2,000 off invoice with no X Plan required is a crazy good deal and I'm thinking I don't necessarily need my bronco right away particularly given NorCal dealers are totally unwilling to play ball so far (also, I didn't get my res in week 1 so I'm going to be delayed regardless).

Anyone else thinking of doing the same? If 6 of us signed up right on 10/1 with Granger all 6 vehicles should arrive at basically the same time and not delay shipment. Of course, we would need 6 people who are 100% committed and not going to back out. Or worst case someone backs out and you ship them separately, and it's still a better deal than any CA dealer is offering.
Show full message
Boston182
Boston182
I think this is great for people willing to wait. My issue with waiting is that, if I'm not getting my Bronco until 2022, I'd rather wait for the 2023 Raptor/Warthog at that point. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

I hope those with patience can save this money, though! I'm going to bow out of the above deal because I'm an impatient little shit. Haha
bronc_rwc
Totally fair! I wouldn't be getting a Raptor/Warthog regardless and I'm probably looking at very late 2021/early 2022 for delivery so this is super tempting for me at least.

We can hope this deal lights a fire under at least 1 CA dealer (even if just one offers say $1,000 off invoice with X Plan that would make the Granger deal close to a wash and they would instantly get dozens order transfers from B6G members). We shall see.
BunkieDuster69
BunkieDuster69
Iā€™m considering a 2nd res with Albert at Granger on Oct 1st at 12 am EST as well. Albertā€™s representation of Zackā€™s business etiquette, a win/win for both parties, and as portrayed over the past several months is the type of business where I like to spend my hard earned cash.
Iā€™m also still open to a group buy here in the Bay Area...

A few Qā€™s for Albert:
1) 6 vehicle shipping Cost to Bay Area ( TBD ... I.e. parking lot in east bay)?
2) Are these Iowa vehicles CARB compliant ( Ca emissions)?
3) What can your Dealership offer for a Ca group buy as incentive for Bay Area bronco group to deal?
@bronc_rwc @Granger Ford
Gloff
Gloff
It's a screaming deal, those deals for Granger are going to be a net loss on some models. Shipping six at a time sounds great in theory, but you're assuming they're going to be built at approximately the same time. All six are not going to get built and delivered to the dealership at the same time.
View previous repliesā€¦
Gloff
Gloff
@BunkieDuster69 We have not discussed anything regarding late deliveries. Our position is that we don't know what the timeframes are for actual deliveries as Ford themselves are still setting up manufacturing. As such, all we know about delivery times is the same as Ford has shared publicly, which is June '21 and beyond.

I'll say it again, everyone is oversimplifying the process of building and delivering vehicles. I don't think a group shift to one dealer will have as big of an impact on allocations as everyone here thinks it will.

I'm not knocking Granger, I read their GM's email, and what he said makes sense and is very transparent. We're not willing to offer such a deal ($2k below invoice) because it doesn't fit our objectives and overhead as it does with them. Every store has their own situation. Frankly, everyone who gets in on the Granger deal should be excited and happier than clams, most dealers won't be willing to take on that level of risk, hence the lack of dealers offering something similar.

All that said, we're actively discussing a Bronco6G Specific offer, (which we weren't discussing three days ago), but it will take some time for us to figure it out. We're not looking to bring in additional reservations, we're looking to reward enthusiasts that already have reservations with us and are on this forum. We believe folks that are on the forums will have more positive things to say than those who are not.
BunkieDuster69
BunkieDuster69
@Gloff Sean,
Thanks for taking time to comment in detail; you are representing well for Serramonte Ford-much appreciated by this group Sir!
I certainly would not expect a deal offered on parallel with Granger in the Bay Area at present; the cost to run a dealership in the Bay Area lacks rivalry.
After a few solid sale years though, and after Ford rewards dealers with higher kickbacks, more dealers will be able to pass on monetary incentive to purchase stock allotments to its valued customers.
If your Management does change course to offer a group package deal ( to non current reservations at Serramonte) in the very near future.... you will peak the interest of MANY in this group.
Gloff
Gloff
@BunkieDuster69

Certainly. We're actively discussing it, and I expect to have an announcement very soon.
SeventyOne
SeventyOne
@bronc_rwc he did say Granger was a screaming deal, and what he said about group shipping isn't wrong. He also admitted he wasn't here to generate more business, and as of yet he certainly hasn't offered anything that will retain / generate more customers. So far no surprises.
bronc_rwc
I went ahead and made a reservation with Granger this morning. I'm highly likely to cancel my initial reservation with Towne but of course would transfer to another CA dealer if they get close to Granger + shipping. If a bulk shipping order comes through with Granger, I'm interested!
zconner1
zconner1
So I was quoted by Montway Auto Transport a price of $1000 per vehicle for a full carrier. I contacted Granger and was told their driver was not interested in a Route that took them past the Rockies. I have already made a second reservation with Granger and intend to find 5 more folks from out here to switch with me and I will coordinate the shipping.
BunkieDuster69
BunkieDuster69
Although I prefer to support local business 1st, no viable options for a group deal has been offered to us as yet.... still want to keep that option open.
Onto Granger-
Alberts genuine representation of Grangerā€™s business model - setting an attractive price within a highly transparent deal provides straight talk to and through the upcoming ordering process . As I am certain you will agree, itā€™s not just monetary incentive which sold me though... Iā€™ve been greatly impressed with Alberts impeccable integrity and ethic as shown on this B6G forum.

That said, I too made a late reservation with Granger. Nice foot work on the long hauler quote Zac ... sounds like a fair price. So that potentially makes 3 of us out of 6 needed thus far, I anticipate weā€™ll get more from this group on board with a late Granger purchase.Have you considered a destination locale as yet?
Gloff
Gloff
@BunkieDuster69
@zconner1

I would be remiss if I didn't put some input in on this. There's a lot of assumption that 6 vehicles are going to get built, released from the factory with no adjustments/QC issues, shipped, and delivered all at approximately the same time. While possible, I don't think it's likely, unless they're all similar builds and there are no commodity issues.

I am not trying to switch you to our store, the Granger deal is still worth it as the net savings including shipping an individual unit if you had to. (Last individual unit we had shipped from the midwest to here was $1200 about a year ago) but I think a group shipping scenario won't play out as smoothly as you guys think.
zconner1
zconner1
I have not open to suggestions.
BunkieDuster69
BunkieDuster69
Large open ( not in use at time of delivery) lot near freeway and with low/ no traffic ideal...Many options for weekend delivery but limited to after hours weekdays.
I know of Lots Big enough and available ( not in use) in Novato - no traffic and just off 101( North Bay) that would be available any time of day... any thoughts In your area? Everyone committed To Granger group purchase should find a locale and we can choose one of them collectively.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views