Sponsored

New England Broncos

Group for people in New England to talk, show off, and go off roading
GreenMtnBronco
Some Edits here

Central VERMONT Meetup and Cat4 road rally Will float dates shortly as potentials in June/July/August/September.
Looking to get something going with people who are in Vermont, NH, ADKS, etc..

Meetup in either Ludlow VT or Woodstock VT. We'll have a rally point. Working on an after location where people can order food, possibly a golf course or other venue that will be good for showing off Broncos! The drive will be a mix of gravel, short easier Cat4 roads and pavement. perfectly good for newbies (like me) in offroading.

@FrostedNuts & @Itchysquatch - please comment and spread the word.
open to suggestions of moving location to attract more Broncos

@Joey.calc
Show full message
slocobra03
slocobra03
I'm interested... but depends on start time as I'm in Cumberland, RI so it will take me approx 3hrs to get to Ludlow, VT.
Reactions: swanjonson
GreenMtnBronco
GreenMtnBronco
@slocobra03 I'd like to get a conversation group going here, or on facebook and get people's input on how to organize this, maybe get a check list of what we need for food, grills, etc. have people sign up and make something cool out of this. hopefully we can get 6-12 Broncos as a first outing..
slocobra03
slocobra03
JMBGlass
JMBGlass
this could be something we be down for!
GreenMtnBronco
GreenMtnBronco
it would be great for us to come up with a plan -
My thoughts and open to any suggestions - meet at a coffee shop around 9-10am one morning, allowing time for people not local to VT to get there. do a cars and coffee look around, meet n greet for 45 mins - 1 hr, go drive a preplanned route of gravel roads/ Cat4 (easier ones) for 1-2 hrs inclusive of a country store stop.
reach a final destination that could be either a parking lot where we set up grills, or a good casual burger joint with outside dining where we can have beers, some grub & share talk about broncos..
CaptainSolo
CaptainSolo
I may be able to make itā€¦ depends on kidsā€™ summer schedules. Following this!
slocobra03
slocobra03
I'm in ... I like the plan and would prefer to end at a casual place for burger/beer.
Jeepkiller
Jeepkiller
Iā€™m in as well
GreenMtnBronco
GreenMtnBronco
inviting @FrostedNuts & @Itchysquatch to the conversation.
would like to take everyone temperature on an event that would be super well planned ending possibly at a golf course or other concession with a pre-planned meal or order off the menu and a mapped route to follow of amazing off road, this would be either in ludlow or outside of Woodstock VT. Think of it as an off-rodeo lite merged with an offroad group cruise without the benefit of instructors.. I think if we can get 6-10 broncos for the initial event, we can roll this out as a 2x a year happening! maybe different locations and continue to move this around the state in ensuing years. please hit reply on the right, as this will become a sub thread. Trying to figure out if we should keep the chat here, or move it to facebook as a separate group/event. I know we can pick up more people from the Bronco group there once we come up with something.
FrostedNuts
FrostedNuts
I'm interested in helping to plan and participate, but that particular weekend is likely out for me. Other events at my work, plus my son's birthday would make it tough to pull off.
GreenMtnBronco
GreenMtnBronco
I am going to post a bunch of weekends, my house is rented, but I could come up and stay elsewhere.. I'd like to get a bunch of people involved..
Itchysquatch
Itchysquatch
Love the idea. Not familiar with trails in that area, but I know VT overland used to have a big event in Woodstock. My schedule is unpredictable for the most part so itā€™s hard for me to plan that far in advance. That said anything I can do to help facilitate Iā€™d be down for. I think the VT overland guy moved, other wise heā€™d be a good one to reach out toā€¦ his son might still be in the area.
Itchysquatch
Itchysquatch
Oh you said with out instructorsšŸ˜‚. Still he might be a good guy to reach out to, trail knowledge, experience etc. Iā€™ll see if I can find his contact info.
LARELL
LARELL
I might be interested if my parents place in Proctorsville isn't rented out for the holiday. My husband has been wanting to take ours off pavement.
GreenMtnBronco
GreenMtnBronco
@Itchysquatch - I am friendly with the guy that bought the non-bike race part of OL from Peter, and have thought of tapping into him. I think for the time being myself and @FrostedNuts will pull something together. FN, actually was a big part of the OffRoadeo planning when Ford tried to host that in Woodstock but got ran out of town by the politicians. I think we'll pull something great together. if we can get 6-12 broncos for the first go around, this should become a 2x a year event..

details to come soon, with a bunch of dates.
Itchysquatch
Itchysquatch
Sounds like weā€™re in great hands! Thanks for organizing this guys. LMk if I can help in anyway.
GreenMtnBronco
GreenMtnBronco
OK guys & gals, I am going to work on making this happen. THE best date I have is Saturday August 6. Alternates are August 21 & 28. General plan is to meet up in The Ludlow VT area. Possibly just start at Okemo Ski area or a coffee stop nearby in the morning around 9am.. check out each other's rigs and then go for a drive that will last 2+ hours and encompass a combination of dirt & Cat4 roads.
plan would be to finish up at a restaurant nearby where we can appropriately display the broncos and get some good eats.
Please reply with interest as well as your order of preferred dates so we can choose one that maximizes participation.
@Itchysquatch @JMBGlass @CaptainSolo @LARELL @mrjerry469 @FrostedNuts @Inrustwetrust_ @Rosco @RedolentSurge @Fuzion2Bronco @benjl @slocobra03 @Jeepkiller
slocobra03
slocobra03
Reactions: LARELL
GreenMtnBronco
GreenMtnBronco
@slocobra03 understanding that is "preferred," can you make one of the others work if many people want it?
for me, my preferred dates are? August 6, 21 & 28, in that order.
Reactions: LARELL
LARELL
LARELL
I would like August 6th since it's a Saturday. But if one of the other days work for more people i can probably do one of those also.
slocobra03
slocobra03
@GreenMtnBronco - I'm flexible and can any of the dates work.... but here is my preference.
Aug 6
Aug 21
Aug 28

Looking forward to it!
GreenMtnBronco
GreenMtnBronco
separate question, do more people have facebook? this may be more manageable if we start a NE Broncos group there?
slocobra03
CT203
CT203
I hope there are many photos and videos. Sounds like a blast!
Bschurr
Bschurr
August 21 will work for me too!
jhol125
jhol125
I'm in!
BUFFBRONCOS
BUFFBRONCOS
Working on getting 2 broncos from Buffalo! Aug 6/21/28 all seem okay! Keep us posted.
GreenMtnBronco
GreenMtnBronco
trying to figure out best way to pick a date. seems like people are split. Going to setup a FB group this weekend, I think it's easier to manage.
thinking we can do TWO dates.. August 6 and August 21...
decummins
decummins
Count me in for Aug 21st.
GreenMtnBronco
GreenMtnBronco
expect an update shortly...
decummins
decummins
I have to move a kid into college on the 21st.. If you end up with the 28th then count me in.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views