Sponsored

Georgia Bronco

A club dedicated to Bronco owners in Georgia.
DREWR13
Had a blast yesterday with everyone. Haven't even gone through video yet but here are some pictures.
DSC_0020.jpg

DJI_0445~2.jpg

DJI_0454-2.jpg

DJI_0460.jpg

DJI_0453~2.jpg
DJI_0450~2.jpg

PXL_20220501_170319632.jpg

DSC_0017~2.jpg

PXL_20220501_180046684.jpg

PXL_20220501_180137860.jpg
Show full message
MadMan4BamaNATL
MadMan4BamaNATL
More awesome pics! See y'all were smart bringing along that Taco in case one of the Broncos got stuck! Ha ha! Just kidding boys.
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Joined the group a day late! I was in Helen over the weekend. Looks like you guys had a good time
1dayi'llhaveabronco
1dayi'llhaveabronco
Looks like fun. I was out of town. Next time.
POORSI
POORSI
Hey all! I wanted to join last weekend but was a little hesitant since I'm new to the off-roading game! I just got a 2inch lift and some 35in AT tires. I'm trying to figure out what all I need before getting a little dirty. My brother mentioned I needed to get skid plates and I haven't done that yet... I'm not trying to do anything crazy since this is my only form of transportation - just easy trails. Any advice is appreciated!! I definitely have lots to learn but I'm trying to figure it all out -- so don't judge! :)
GABroncin
GABroncin
@POORSI Honestly the stuff around GA is too easy with a lift and 35's. You'll be hard pressed to find somewhere that'll be too much for the Bronco with the right lines.

Just come out next chance you get. There's everything from manual base models taking the easy lines to Badlands and Wild Traks that take the harder ones. You'll be fine. Come have fun!
POORSI
POORSI
MadMan4BamaNATL
MadMan4BamaNATL
@POORSI Just to chime in on wheeling in general, if you've got a rear locker and the Sasquatch package, you've got what you'll need to get out of a lot of situations. Other than that, your NEEDS are only a few things, comms, (GMRS), Garmin InReach (optional), recovery gear (tow strap and bow shackles), Traction boards (optional), air down kit (cheap), an air compressor (cheap or $$), and a first aid kit. The comms are the most expensive thing here and you can start with a decent handheld unit. Most important to bring is patience. Most important to leave at home is your ego. Do that and you'll get home safe after having an absolute blast with some cool guys and gals and enjoying nature. Fun times ahead for you, friend!
POORSI
POORSI
@MadMan4BamaNATL Thanks, super helpful! I don't have the Sasquatch package and I've done some upgrading on my own. I'll definitely be on the conservative side for now but I'm looking forward to learning and having some fun! -- This is probably a stupid question but how do I know if I have a rear locker? I have 2021 OBX mid package. I think I just have the trail turn assist.
MadMan4BamaNATL
MadMan4BamaNATL
@POORSI Cool for doing your own mods; respect that. If you have at least 3 of the "hero" switches, one may be a rear locker on the OBX. It'll be an outline of the two axles and wheels with a thingy in the middle of the rear axle pic (that's my best description!). Don't have mine yet, so someone else needs to chime in for that trim. You can go wheeling without a locker as well. A rear locker makes slippery terrain a little easier. Also, if you have a Rocks or Mud GOAT mode, you may have the locker. If you take your time in any of these situations and walk the course first if something looks interesting, you should be able to feel safe in most situations. For future, wheeling within 4 days of last rain will always make things much more interesting here in the Deep South. Nothing to worry about too much, as stuck is part of the fun and it happens to everyone. This is why we always wheel with a buddy or group. However, sometimes groups create some peer pressure, so keep that in mind and don't be afraid to bow out of an obstacle; pride has destroyed more rigs than any rocks ever could.
GABroncin
GABroncin
@MadMan4BamaNATL You nailed it earlier with "Most important to bring is patience. Most important to leave at home is your ego". There's gonna be folks that traded in their beat to hell Wranglers for the Bronco that have been wheeling for years that hit obstacles like they're nothing and look to you to do the same, but it's YOUR Bronco to drive how YOU want. We're here to help if you get stuck, but you're the only one who can push your limits.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views