Sponsored

Bay Area Broncos

Here we go with the new G.O.A.T’s of the bay!!
WheelMe
Just picked up my School-Bus yellow 4D 2.7L Badlands yesterday (we've named it "Bus"), and wow am I impressed with the features and how it drives.

I'm heading down to San Diego in it for a week - does anyone have recommendations for light-duty trails down there? I don't want to go rock-crawling in it just yet (needs some real rock sliders first).

When I get back (I'm in Santa Cruz), I'd be interested in group/club runs - I'm going to be in Tahoe for the weekend of 7/16, and wouldn't mind doing some group wheeling then :).

If anyone's interested in tackling some Green/Blue trails at Hollister Hills, let me know and I can put a trip together.

PXL_20220611_031144744.jpg
PXL_20220611_031152795.jpg
Show full message
RandallLG
RandallLG
Congratulations! I’m always down for a trip to Hollister for a meet up.
mybikeisred
mybikeisred
Also down for a Hollister meet up
WheelMe
WheelMe
Sounds great! HH is a nice one-day jaunt. I'm currently free the 7/4 weekend, as well as the one following - will one of these days work for you guys? Bring your FRS/GMRS radios for some fun bantering on the air.

Anyone else care to join? Let's start some sort of an annual July 4th Bay Area Bronco Bash!
Reactions: robo
mybikeisred
mybikeisred
Sounds fun. I’m not sure if the old lady already has something planned for 7/4, but it would be cool to camp out there for a night if we could get a few people to go. I’ve never camped there, campsites look nice from the ones I’ve seen. The campground below the lower quarry gets decent shade.
wetdog
wetdog
I used to go to Hollister for the motorcycle rally on July forth that used to be a big deal.
WheelMe
WheelMe
I'm not sure that I'll be able to camp, but I've camped there before, and it was nice, with showers, at "Upper Ranch".
robo
robo
I might be able to join
Daktari
Daktari
nice new ride, best color too ;-)

I'd be up for a Hollister thing too, never been, but I won't be able to join before August, too much stuff going on the next couple of weeks. Enjoy your ride, I sure enjoy mine!
WheelMe
WheelMe
Reactions: Daktari
View previous replies…
Rkeally
Rkeally
@WheelMe awesome thanks for the tips here. I do have a Badlands so I think I need to do the needful here! I’m bringing my compressor but any need to air down on these trails?
WheelMe
WheelMe
@Rkeally Lower Coyote's lots of washboard, so airing down will help. The other trail should be okay, but airing down will still be more comfortable.
Rkeally
Rkeally

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views