Sponsored

Georgia Bronco

A club dedicated to Bronco owners in Georgia.
GreatDaneMom
Just got back from the Super Celebration East! I brought Havoc and Chaos to get some perspective of my beasties next to the two-door. The Ford rep was kind enough to take a couple of measurements of the back cargo area with the seats down, and it looks like the Danes will fit! Good news for us big dog owners who have our heart set on the two-door. My pics didn't turn out so great so not posting any. Impressions... the Bronco looks AMAZING in person! Can't wait to see these on the road... and in my driveway. Cactus Grey continues to be a chameleon. Looking at the cans, the color went from grey to grey-blue to ivory as I walked around the display table. It's still my color of choice but after seeing the legacy Broncos on display, I do wish Ford offered more interesting colors for the 2021 models.
Show full message
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
Glad you made it and glad the dogs will fit just fine. Yeah, that Cactus is a funky color. I will bet money that blueish color came from either sky reflection or the Area 51 can next to it. Either case it's off my list but looking forward to seeing them on the road. Which model are you shooting for?
View previous replies…
GreatDaneMom
GreatDaneMom
@MadMan4BamaNATL I agree... after seeing Area 51 in person, it would be my #1 choice if a white top were available. I'm going for the two-door, so the modular top isn't an option for me, nor is the pull-out tray that would go behind the back seats. That's why I had the Ford Rep measure that small area... looks like a small dog bed will eliminate that 4" drop once the seats are down. Another observation: the seats do fold "flat"; however, the seat back and a bump-out in the back hatch do reduce some of the space in the back.
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
@GreatDaneMom We were hearing at the event that the white tops would only be for Oxford and Cactus Gray color choices. Sounds odd and have no proof of all that their.
Mantis
Mantis
@GreatDaneMom Hey! The 2-door DOES get the modular top :)

I confirmed yesterday with all three reps (because there's tons of conflicting info floating around and I'm stubborn) that those big rear windows will also be removable on the 2-door modular top just like on the 4-door. Lots of air flow that way and a big plus for rear passengers/four legged friends.
hbms17
@GreatDaneMom Thank you for the update particularly for dog owners. I have a Pyr and probably may have a second by the time I actually get the rig. I also am buying the two door. Good to hear the two door should accommodate big dogs.

I had hoped to drive up but could not make it during the week. I am not keen on the weekend crowds. I have Arear 51 as my color choice. Did you happen to get any impressions on the Antimatter Blue?
Reactions: GreatDaneMom
GreatDaneMom
GreatDaneMom
@hbms17 No problem! My Danes won't have as much room to roam around in the back like they currently do in my Sequoia, but I'm actually looking forward to them being a bit more buttoned down in the Bronco and not all over the place. My initial impression of Antimatter Blue was that I thought they had two black-painted cans on display. I had to look at the labels to tell the difference. It took moving around the table to see the subtle differences and the light playing off the can. It can be dramatic in the right light... and I imagine with a white top.
GreatDaneMom
GreatDaneMom
@hbms17 a couple more thoughts on the dogs fitting. If I recall, the rep who measured the back area (with the seats down) said it's about 48" from the back of the front seat to the inside of the tailgate. I also had him measure the space from the back of the folded rear seat to the tailgate since that pullout tailgate accessory isn't available for the two-door. That space measures 18". Just measured the Danes and they're 50" lying down. The good thing is this breed loves to sleep with limbs intertwined so they'll definitely fit. Not sure how much "elbow room" Great Pyrenees need, but I'd be a bit more concerned if I had big dogs who need their own space in the back. Of course there's also the option of deleting the rear seats entirely, which I understand isn't entirely easy but would add some much-needed extra space. Still sold on the two-door!
hbms17
Thank you for the details on paint shades and dog dimensions. I have a 2 door reserved in Area 51. I saw some pics of Antimatter Blue that looked nice, but were in direct light. Your views confirm a few others I have read stating it appears black except in direct light. That could be cool. I believe Antimatter Blue is a Ford F-150 truck color so may try to find one of those.

I think your Danes are taller and a bit larger than a Pyrs. Pyrs are contortionists sleeping on their backs in all sorts of twisted shapes. They can be bulls in china shops, so more space is not necessarily better space.. My current Pyr (Furda) rides in my Chevy 2500 back seat comfortably, and she could take the back seat. In my car she sit in front with her seat belt. I, like you, am still sold on the two door. I am not sure the 4 door adds that much more space. I like the slide our tailgate and do not really understand why it is not an option on the 2 door. I do hope/wish Ford would make the rear seats removable similar to how they are in minivans.

Again, thank you for your response and insights.
Rydfree
Rydfree
@hbms17 "I like the slide our tailgate and do not really understand why it is not an option on the 2 door."

I believe it is a load bearing restraint from the 2dr area behind the seat not being as long as the 4dr . They could put one back there but you wouldn't be able to sit much on the pull out section weight wise .
Reactions: hbms17

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views