Sponsored

Georgia Bronco

A club dedicated to Bronco owners in Georgia.
rws
As of last week, I've joined the ranks of those here in Georgia who have taken delivery of our Broncos. Although I'm still in the initial "new owner" phase, I'm looking forward to some scenic, off-road trips in the very near future.

I'm in the Cobb/Paulding/Bartow area if there are any others who'd like to connect and get out and explore sometime soon.
Show full message

Attachments

NoleDawg
NoleDawg
Congrats! Is that hot pepper red?
GABroncin
GABroncin
Welcome to the club!! There seems to be a group of some size that heads up to N GA nearly every weekend lol. Keep your eyes open in the group here for posts. I usually see them around Friday for planning a trip Sat/Sun. Lots of great places of varying difficulty all over N GA. Hope to see you out there!
rws
rws
@GABroncin I've been monitoring trip planning for some time... I'm looking forward to joining in soon. If nothing else, I plan to "pop the top" and take a little trip around Red Top Mountain and Lake Allatoona this weekend. Just a chance to put some miles on the Bronco.
kevin.gt
kevin.gt
A pretty close, very easy trail with nice views at the top is Calbeck Road. Google maps "Calbeck mountain". It's just west of Calhoun. You take Rock Creek Rd to gravel 955 Hidden Creek. The National Forest Visitor Map app has it plotted (955E). https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/4554-calbeck-road

Although I will say, my GY tires grabbed and threw rocks from forest service roads like crazy for the first few hundred miles. My first time out at 300 miles we pulled over and my wife and I started plucking rocks from the tires when we hit pavement. It's gotten much better and no longer a problem for me
Reactions: GABroncin and rws
rws
rws
@kevin.gt Excellent thank you! I may just make the drive up [instead of Red Top].
GABroncin
GABroncin
@rws Definitely beware of rocks getting slung around from these tires for the first few hundred miles. I've got mud flaps on the front just to save the paint a bit. I don't care about everyone else enough to have put 'em on the back yet... haha
rws
rws
@GABroncin Thanks for the advice. I ordered mud flaps (WeatherTech) yesterday... will be about a week before they arrive. (waiting a week?! I'm so Amazon Prime spoiled). I got the full 4 wheel set.
Gene Dios
Gene Dios
Welcome @rws What sort of exploration action are you looking for? Caffeine & Octane is Sunday and often has a group hanging out but it's just a car show of course. I try to get out fairly often, sometimes casual trails, lots of options around Dahlonega, or 5313 which should be pretty close for you. All depends on what you're willing to subject that new Bronco to :D
  • Haha
Reactions: rws and kevin.gt
rws
rws
@Gene Dios Thanks! And you pose a good question. The exploration I'm looking for is getting out and enjoying the natural (and some unnatural) views and sites across this great country. I plan to head out to Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon, and many more while taking the "road less travelled". A little bit of overlanding, a little bit of trail-riding, not so much rock-crawling, but instead some off-road driving, sightseeing and community engagement. Up to now, all my off-roading has been on 2 wheels, so I'm 100% newbie to 4-wheelin.

I'm definitely interested in Caffeine and Octane for meeting up and learning from more experienced off-roaders and explorers.
kevin.gt
kevin.gt
  • Love
Reactions: rws
rws
rws
@kevin.gt you captured some amazing views! I've driven through Moab... but did not explore. Sometimes, you (I), just gotta slow down and take in what nature has to offer. The southeast has some wonderful views and scenery, but there is just something majestic about the west. I grew up in NM, so I'm partial to the wide open, horizon views. :)

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views